Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Except a burning house is a fact. The house is on fire, rather, is a fact. You hating bfa is an opinion. You don’t mix the two to make an analogy because it doesn’t work that way. If it was a fact bfa sucked and not a single person was hyped, then that would be a fact. But even then it’s opinion based.

Take your shitty analogies elsewhere. Plenty are hyped, these forums are literally filled with toxic people who just want to hate on WoW for some reason.

A better analogy would be: You ran out of the house because for some reason you thought it was on fire. But in reality it was just a small puff of smoke from a popcorn bag so everyone else stayed inside.
    are you one of those "art is subjective" people? And pretend you cant already tell what is quality and what is not. The difference between a child scribbling crayons or vincent van goth is nothing right? its up to the persons enjoyment of it right? Well theres some truth in it, you can always judge art and BFA suffers from A LOT of problems and anyone with a brain can see that, thats why we're getting so much spam of these kind of threads because BFA looks shit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    That's an ever worse measurement. Going on that logic Wildstar is doing great despite losing 98% of it's player base because the ones still logging in are having fun.
    You just did 2 posts in a row with some of the worst logic i've ever seen on this forum. You deserve a cake for that. Its quite an accomplishment

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    The book release timing is actually aweful this time. The translations will be out fter BfA launch. For the first time they will miss the expansion release.

I'll grab it in english next week once in California, but at all of my friends are disappointed to not be able to read it in their language before BfA launch. And most don't understand english enough to enjoy reading the original text.
    Sounds like a failed intelligence /roll on your friends part there. Sorry

After the last QA ... its hard to keep the hype going.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan View Post
    Like really guys, whats going on at Blizzard??

I remember we used to get video series, cinematics, etc. leading up to an expansion, and all kinds of hype. Here in BFA there is nothing? People have lost interest in the game and they are doing nothing to get people back. With an expansion already looking like they are doing nothing new, meaning they can sell the game on ingame hype since its gonna be like logging in to Legion with zero changes, they NEED to hype people up man

What you guys think?
    Simple hyped means ( in part) that you are looking forward to it. As alliance member i have 3 horse mounts ( to add to the 30+ you can already have with ease). Weak questing ( if my beta experience is something to go by). Overall a weaker story, weaker hero's. We loose pretty much all the battle's. But the horde has nothing to worry about she is not that evil. Bad allied races etc etc etc. Hell we ugly cat and bear forms for kul tiran. ( people below read before posting )
    Horde raid to start with. And i know the next raid will be alliance...just like shattarath in dreanor(wod)...( just saying).
    Hell even the Evil B queen gets more story etc then Cry baby Anduin.

So for me the hype is low. Because my faction in my eyes (OPINION) has drawn the short straw again...for the second complete expansion and a half of MoP. ooohhh and a developer who says the alliance if they want cool stuff can join the horde. But when it comes to the horde wishes gives the everything. And makes sure that they do not feel bad for starting a war, burning down a city, abusing the very planet by taking its blood, murdering innocent people etc etc etc.

On kul tiran forms: Yes some of you might like that. I like the travel form a lot. But the rest is a weak theme. That does not differ at all. It just looks like they copy and paste the skin onto a different model. And did bare minimum to alter it. They are also made very weird. See through legs, plane body and busy head. It is just ugly. Then add the fact that cat a bear form look so much the same. That it might be a before and after of a liposuction surgery makes it even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Angosia View Post
    Hmm. I'd say the people who aren't visiting the forums or the QA posts are more hyped than the people who will nitpick everything (good or bad) until everyone hates it (and/or hates them). Forums, not just MMO-C or Blizzard, are toxic places these days because it is much easier to criticize something than it is to like it.

I tend to find more strength in people who would rather say what they like (they are fewer in number) than those who say what they do not (greater in number and like fighting a mass of Zerglings). That's not to say either view is wrong. That's to say it is much more difficult to sustain the like argument in the face of the many who will find a reason (big or small) to dislike it. To both, I'd challenge them to explain their reasoning rather than ranting (for or against). The hating party usually has a harder time doing this.

If I based any game or expansion solely on what I read on the forums, I don't think I'd play at all. It's why I tend to look at the forums in a tongue-in-cheek way as what Sally Sparrow said in "Blink", "It's sad. Sad is happy for deep people." While I don't think many on the forums are particularly deep, I do think many prefer to be angry or sad as they don't know any other way.
    I fear what we might have to endure if this flops monumentally. I truly do.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot support a thread that says 'literally zero hype' when even 1 hype would make it an inaccurate title.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    I cannot support a thread that says 'literally zero hype' when even 1 hype would make it an inaccurate title.
    You must have been nominated as a hall monitor many times when in grade school. o.O

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Mage Tower is indeed a challenging piece of solo content, it however only rewarding cosmetic rewards makes it irrelevant to what I'm trying to adress. Had Mage Tower rewarded you with some significant reward like a powerful trinket for example (and MT was far from easily beatable when it was released, a pretty signficiant contrast to other solo content the last few years) then it'd be a fine addition. Alas since the reward was little but a cosmetic artifact appearance and an achievement, it doesn't soothe my frustration.

My point regards how the "mandatory" type of content in the game, from leveling, to solo content to gear up, farm currencies and get ready for dungeons, regular dungeons, world bosses etc is all guaranteed success on Support Wheel difficulty.
    But because there is tough challenging content in the game if you decide to group up and do it, it's somehow okay that all non-group content (or LFD/LFR) is insultingly easy. Many seem content with that sort of design, I am however not. I do not need to consider my gear nor my class' abilities when leveling or doing maxlevel world content, I am never close to dying unless I deliberately play horribly, dungeons, endgame world content and everything inbetween that and heroic raids/high m+ is merely a bucket list to be checked off before you can get to the content that might actually challenge you.

And that is a giant waste, because if the new continents were genuinely dangerous, not only does it make me feel immersed in these new zones, it makes me properly assess situations and how to counter that with my available tools. For years now however, there's almost never any need for that. Doing a brand new dungeon and... well with the baseline difficulty being what it is, it's not like I have to even try to learn what the boss does before the pull. Gogogogogogo.

So when I received beta access, and jumped onto a few different classes, I realized it's the exact same all over. I'm not supposed to be challenged by anything, because obviously if I die I am being inconvenienced and might complain on the forums about artificial prolonging of content, I guess.
    Since when WoW rewards you for solo content? What you are addressing is fantasy out of WoW universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Let's look at the expansion villains:

TBC - Bad ass Illidan
    WotLK - Bad asser Lich King
    Cata - Bad asserest Deathwing
    MoP - Not-so-badass Kung Fu Pandas (made to please our Chinese overlords)
    WoD - Bad ass Orc planet
    Legion - Omega level bad asserest and final boss of the game Sargeras

and now we have BfA...

BfA - Ourselves. Yup, we get to fight ourselves. Punting Gnomes feels less bad ass than slaying the demon king.
    Since you cant be honsert with some of it, I have no problem doing that for you.

TBC - Youre right
    WotLK - You're right
    Cata - Youre right
    MoP - Fighting a bad ass Old God however instead to want to be racist.
    WoD - You're right
    Legion - You're right
    and now we have BFA..., Yup we do, bad ass war ally VS horde that is being manipulated by the old gods. but because you have no hype for it ( trying to fit in with all the "cool" kids because its the season ) its about time we come to blows the game is called world of WARCRAFT.

You're also welcome.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Since you cant be honsert with some of it, I have no problem doing that for you.

TBC - Youre right
    WotLK - You're right
    Cata - Youre right
    MoP - Fighting a bad ass Old God however instead to want to be racist.
    WoD - You're right
    Legion - You're right
    and now we have BFA..., Yup we do, bad ass war ally VS horde that is being manipulated by the old gods. but because you have no hype for it ( trying to fit in with all the "cool" kids because its the season ) its about time we come to blows the game is called world of WARCRAFT.

You're also welcome.
    You OK there, buddy? You sound like you've just had a rough day at school.

Please accept my apology for personally offending you with that comment.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2018-06-20 at 09:31 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I remember we used to get video series, cinematics, etc. leading up to an expansion, and all kinds of hype. Here in BFA there is nothing? People have lost interest in the game and they are doing nothing to get people back. With an expansion already looking like they are doing nothing new, meaning they can sell the game on ingame hype since its gonna be like logging in to Legion with zero changes, they NEED to hype people up man

What you guys think?
    it has exactly as much hype as it deserves
    Last edited by NihilSustinet; 2018-06-21 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Senchae View Post
    I dunno man, bgs, arenas, and auction house have all looked the same since TBC. I enjoy playing the classes and aspects of the game I like regardless of expac, im stubborn and easy to please like that.
    Don't worry, you sound like a perfectly fine adult that doesn't need "hype" or forum trolls to tell you whether an unreleased expansion is good or not. These people who make these threads don't seem to be able to think for themselves.

I'd say you fall into the vast majority of people that will play the game and form their own opinion, and probably enjoy it regardless of "X complaint" or "Y reason".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Are you missing the fact that we kicked Azshara's ass back in Cata when she was in the prime of her power and Old Gods are such pushovers that we already killed two of them (three if you count remains of Sha).
    You can't seriously mean during Well Of Eternity, when we fought a version of her 10000 years past when she was still a piddly elf

And the Old Gods are "such pushovers" that they end up being the hardest encounters in the game. I believe C'thun and 0-Light Yogg are some of the longest runners in the kill races?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

There is little to no hype because there is really nothing to be hyped about there is hardly any game play changes.
    And most changes are worse then what we have in legion the GCD changes the removal of the artifact weapons.
    And its 60+ traits and the removal of leggo's and all we get to replace all of those is azerite gear that gives you a grand total of 3 traits.

Most of those traits are boring passives with no game play along with the removal of tier sets.
    Along with that there has been hardly any major class changes what so ever cause blizzard.
    Was so sure legion talents would work without leggos and the azerite weapon traits.

And they are just now realizing its not the case and they are out of time to fix most classes.
    Which means the game will launch with a bunch of classes in a mediocre state unless its delayed.
    We are not even getting any cool class armor sets all the armor sets are really bland and same across all classes.

There is the allied races which could build hype problem is the allied races people where exited for the most Night born and void elves.
    They are already playable and there is very little hype for the rest of them maybe if blizzard announces some new ones
    Like i dunno the vulpera and maybe the darkfallen / San'layn that would build some more hype

But the only thing BFA really has going for it is that the zones look good and the music is pretty solid.

But game play wise its just a worse legion in a different setting.
    Last edited by RaZz0r; 2018-06-20 at 10:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    are you one of those "art is subjective" people? And pretend you cant already tell what is quality and what is not. The difference between a child scribbling crayons or vincent van goth is nothing right? its up to the persons enjoyment of it right? Well theres some truth in it, you can always judge art and BFA suffers from A LOT of problems and anyone with a brain can see that, thats why we're getting so much spam of these kind of threads because BFA looks shit
    Gurl, my point was you were comparing people staying in a burning house, which literally means they're going to die, because that's a fact, to people wanting to play a game.

Breaking news: People can be hyped for a game you aren't hyped for.

And no, I'm not one of the art is subjective people, the argument you made was stupid, the analogy was equally as stupid. I get you THINK the game is on fire, and people who are hyped for it are staying in the game, but no one is ever hyped to be inside a fucking burning building where they're about to burn to death. Sure, you made your point, no one is hyped for bfa cause its on fire!!!! omg!! But that is your opinion, and saying it's bad logic to play bfa because YOU think it's bad, is also stupid.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2018-06-20 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Gurl, my point was you were comparing people staying in a burning house, which literally means they're going to die, because that's a fact, to people wanting to play a game.

Breaking news: People can be hyped for a game you aren't hyped for.

And no, I'm not one of the art is subjective people, the argument you made was stupid, the analogy was equally as stupid. I get you THINK the game is on fire, and people who are hyped for it are staying in the game, but no one is ever hyped to be inside a fucking burning building where they're about to burn to death. Sure, you made your point, no one is hyped for bfa cause its on fire!!!! omg!! But that is your opinion, and saying it's bad logic to play bfa because YOU think it's bad, is also stupid.
    their lazyness shouldnt be rewarded with people giving them 50 bucks plus sub cost also anyway just because its another expansion and thats what you do

What you guys think?
    I haven't been less hyped for an expansion ever....Nothing about BFA screams I need to play it...I've played since day 1, most likely wont be getting this expansion and will wait for the next one. Unless I stop having stuff to do.

Deleted
    the only thing i am looking forward to in BFA is the stat squish and that i can finally play disc priest like wotlk. it's sad.

I think people expect Blizz revolutionize each xpac and with BfA it's more of an Evolution of Legion.

I think people are so use to major system changes and additions in every Xpac that people are disappointed that it's basically Legion 2.0

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think i´m just getting older I have always had certain hype/excitement for a new xpack but right now I´m just meehh. Even tried the beta a little at my friends and manage to stay on for a few mins to check out new talant locations etc.