Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I rarely get anything from a bonus roll, and really it's just a psychological trap anyway. Not planning on wasting any currencies on them.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    Vanilla wasn't fine to begin with, anyway. You had to have DKP systems to distribute the incredibly rare loot that dropped and most of those systems were, well, broken. I think I raided BWL for 4 or 5 months before I got any gear because people simply had accumulated more DKP than me (think my first piece was what ever mage wanted: a wand :P). I think it had to do with the cost of items versus the decay rate so it always favored people who had been there longer, so much to the point that people like me might never get a piece of loot at all. They had to change the loot system significantly for me to end up getting loot...

Loot was awful in vanilla. Just way too few pieces.

This would be a pretty controversial change. I wouldn't be surprised if they just flat out decide to up the chance of getting loot. Even more desirable to keep the chance the same but increase the chance it will reward you with loot you don't have yet.
    I mean DKP was not a flawed system. You put in the time and you got rewarded when the time came. Also Vanilla was weird in that weapons typically didn't matter since many didn't even have spell power and were more built for healers due to int not giving spell power(was only mana and crit chance). So really if you needed a wand to fill the slot or something for the times when you needed to wand for not pulling agro or for getting mana back from pallies, you could have used any wand.

Now if your guild was bad and let people use DKP for minor upgrades, then that's on your guild not DKP.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    I think they changed that. Just run them with your friends who know how to play. Worst thing you can have in TW is some level thinking its fun to run TW dungeons while levelling.
    I don't recall that, but thanks, I'll double check that.

In my experience worst thing you can have is Cata TW. Majority never learns a single thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    I seriously hate elitists that want to exclude lower levels from TW or let alone votekick them.
    I can't see how can this relate to message you quoted.

This and the removal of master loot makes it pretty clear they want it to take longer for you to gear up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    This and the removal of master loot makes it pretty clear they want it to take longer for you to gear up.
    And by the time we do gear up, there will be some other patch that will make our gear irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinzuru View Post
    And by the time we do gear up, there will be some other patch that will make our gear irrelevant.
    and is it a bad thing ? after all people have been always claiming how they raid for chalenge

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and is it a bad thing ? after all people have been always claiming how they raid for chalenge
    I didn't say a thing about raiding. And I believe that when people progress on raids they do it for the challenge, then they repeat it for the loot.
    Gearing up starts from rep rewards/WQ/Dungeons for me. Maybe I'm unaware of gearing up straight from raids.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    I mean outrage wasn't going to change much on the Alpha or Beta. Most if not all lore decisions and mechanic decisions were and are set in stone in a wow alpha and beta.

Alpha/beta are basically for testing actual quests, the land, and eventually when numbers tuning comes numbers. Also you're supposed to be looking for bugs and things that flat out don't work. They're rarely going to change something because "I don't like it".

- - - Updated - - -

So many that 1 less a week and 1 less you can carry is going to change that?
    Thats not the issue really, tho for some really casual players it will be. Its the fact that they are once again removing something. Even if they give you other ways to get a seal, your still capped at 5. IF you dont use your seals . This expansion is taking more choices away from you then giving back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Not only that but if you want to play a different spec, you better have a different set of azerite armor talented for that spec. Thats going to keep you playing longer. or as I suspect people will get sick of being on that treadmill and just quit. And azerite gear is not going to be that easy to get. All of this is to increase the time played metric. Fun does not enter into the equation
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    All of this is to increase the time played metric. Fun does not enter into the equation
    Some players were having fun with m+, they nerfed loot/depletion of keys.

Some players were having fun with farming nethershards, nerfed droprates.

That checks out.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    So many that 1 less a week and 1 less you can carry is going to change that?
    Not a claim I made or was responding to.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Angosia View Post
    I have no doubt that someone is writing an add-on to counter the intent of the devs. But, you can also be reasonably assured that this functionality will stop working when the devs see it abused. Trying to circumvent designed intent always ends in calamity.

I'd solve that problem really quickly by disabling the API that allows you to see what other players have received. Would that suck for people who use it to congratulate others? Absolutely. But, it would also absolutely kill the abuse as well. It would punish those not abusing the system for the sake of those that are. That's not a road anyone wants us to go down, but I see it happening fairly easily.
    The designed intent is for players to receive loot. Nobody said they get to keep it. Blizzard can disable all the API in the world - you can just ask people who got what, list it and redistribute. "Masterlooter" cant be banned either as long as you state that this is your guilds policy before raiding.

With TF/WF scaled down and m+ dropping the same loot like heroic raids, in maybe 1 or 2 weeks the majority of heroic loot will be tradable. Mythic loot will be the same just with a bit of delay - the good thing is only weapons, trinkets and azerite pieces really matter a lot, so the raiders who have those slots "unlocked" by having a high TF from wherever get invite priority to make sure they can trade away for BiS gear.

Deleted
    This is just to make you playing and subscribed for longer. It is blatantly obvious. The forced PL loot and its trading restrictions also achieve the same outcome.

Nothing surprising to me.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    At this point, just remove them.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it