Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    That's because he is wickedly stupid. Have you read his "arguments"? Do it and have a laugh

No, yours! Mr stuck in HS! Imagine being BTFOd so hard by a younger guy, how do you feel?

Point in case.
    You still think player options are not giving depths ? lol.

Anyway enjoy your "fun" grinding APs for min reward like a rat on a wheel spinning for the small reward. Enjoy your short term dopamine rush, good entertainment for people like you.
    Last edited by Dizson; 2018-06-22 at 04:17 PM.

I'm not sure why you're suddenly talking about Legion; yes, legendaries sucked. Yes, world and daily quests in general are mind-numbingly boring. How does this relate to catch-up mechanics facilitating progression for alts? Could you imagine how tedious it would've been to start an alt during Legion without the AP research catch-up mechanic? This is the same thing.
    If an activity would be tedious to do on an alt, then it can't be good content. My point isn't that catchup mechanisms are bad... it's that content is bad enough that they are necessary. When you have an expansion that has gear tokens each content patch to allow people to catch up... you are saying each content patch before isn't worth playing.

If it was good content... players would be saying "Why would I want to skip THIS!"

I don't want to catchup.. I want to PLAY a game. As of now... the game is a series of hamster wheels... and methods to skip this hamster wheel so you can get on that hamster wheel. In the better expansions... your gameplay changed over time as you progressed your character... now you character does the same thing on day 365 as he did on day 1. It is uninteresting, unrewarding, and unworthy of my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    If an activity would be tedious to do on an alt, then it can't be good content. My point isn't that catchup mechanisms are bad... it's that content is bad enough that they are necessary. When you have an expansion that has gear tokens each content patch to allow people to catch up... you are saying each content patch before isn't worth playing.

If it was good content... players would be saying "Why would I want to skip THIS!"

I don't want to catchup.. I want to PLAY a game. As of now... the game is a series of hamster wheels... and methods to skip this hamster wheel so you can get on that hamster wheel. In the better expansions... your gameplay changed over time as you progressed your character... now you character does the same thing on day 365 as he did on day 1. It is uninteresting, unrewarding, and unworthy of my time.
    This exactly. nocturnus just likes to do the same quest over and over again and think as it is a valuable content.

I loved Metro 2033. I wouldn't play or read it again though.
    Because you've already done it. How good was Vertigo the second time you watched it?
    So what are you arguing, exactly? That you don't enjoy MMO's?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    This exactly. nocturnus just likes to do the same quest over and over again and think as it is a valuable content.
    You're quite smart.

For an ape.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do and then I'm done with everything it's like the difference between waiting weekly for new episodes or binge watching them. I do the later.

It's not my fault that the game design have flaws. In TBC you had alts too, and it still required skill and dedication to get things done with that class.

People just don't care about the RPG aspects nowadays they just again like this nost guy want to press 4 buttons and see the numbers pop and in their Grug brain the dopamine gets released. Thats all. Short term gratificaiton over long term I guess. Everything in WoW is there to make you instantly get everything for as little effort as possible.
    I think you're confusing RPG with grind. If this game being streamlined doesn't do it for you why don't you just go play something else?

Yeah... weird. He argues that catchup mechanics are good because people don't want to repeat the same content... but when caught up.. all they do is the same content over and over.

Either the content is good and doesn't require catchup... or the content is bad... and you don't really want to catchup. Legion is the latter.. and BfA is looking to be Legion 2.0.

Yeah... weird. He argues that catchup mechanics are good because people don't want to repeat the same content... but when caught up.. all they do is the same content over and over.

Either the content is good and doesn't require catchup... or the content is bad... and you don't really want to catchup. Legion is the latter.. and BfA is looking to be Legion 2.0.
    How about you answer the questions I posed, rather than seeking validation from someone that has fewer brain cells than a tadpole.

How about you answer the questions I posed, rather than seeking validation from someone that has fewer brain cells than a tadpole.
    Dude if you haven't looked in the mirror do a check, all you do is attack people without anything topic related, the guy said some idea, and instead of arguing with his idea, you attack people, you are really out of touch with reality.

Reported btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutrition View Post
    Are there still people who don't realize that artifact power wasn't anything more then a empty grind in order to make players who are either unwilling or unable to advance in difficulty feel a false sense of progression by refarming daily quests over and over?

The goal is to make people who simply want to be rewarded for clicking buttons.
    Are there still people who do not realize that the people you described are the vast majority of WoW players. Not judging them, but you literally complain that most people like a system that is directly aimed at them.

you attack people
    Wipe off your tears soyboy.
    Brainlet.
    blizzard perfectly caterd to your auidence le 80 iq individuals.
    you were just fucking bad at the game and blizzard made the game for you
    just how fucking stupid are you really.
    I already know you are a brainlet or underage.
    You gotta do something abou that anger, buddy.

You gotta do something abou that anger, buddy.
    Forgot to quote the rest where i proved my points, get familiar with forum engines. :^)
    but all u did so far is insulting people without any thought behind your sentences, you couldn't even defend your points because u started to insult instead of staying on topic.
    Last edited by Dizson; 2018-06-22 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Are there still people who do not realize that the people you described are the vast majority of WoW players. Not judging them, but you literally complain that most people like a system that is directly aimed at them.
    It didn't use to be this way... it didn't use to be this way at all... where are the players telling gitgud? Where are 5mans that are wiping parties and tiers for progressing? They are gone now... like wind across the meadow a shadow fall upon the kingdom of the casuals...

Forgot to quote the rest where i proved my points, get familiar with forum engines. :^)
    Prove?

What did you prove, exactly?

Prove?

Can you explain to me why more skills aren't giving depths to the game?

Also "

Either the content is good and doesn't require catchup... or the content is bad... and you don't really want to catchup. Legion is the latter.. and BfA is looking to be Legion 2.0."

You are running in circles there bud.

You play because it's fun? Weather you do that from day one or last two months is up to you. There's things you can work on throughout a whole expansion, like mythic raiding, pvp rating, leveling alts, reputation, mounts, xmog etc etc.

Prove?

less options means larger likelihood to not fuck up building/playing your character meaning the absolute bottom of the barrel braindead retard trash who play this game will actually feel welcome instead of getting scorned for not bothering to learn how to play, thats you.

if your only reason to play is gear.

never play until wow servers are being shutdown, then grind like crazy for 1 month and you can finish the dead game with full BiS and never play again.

this thread is stupid as hell.

Can you explain to me why more skills aren't giving depths to the game?

Also "

Either the content is good and doesn't require catchup... or the content is bad... and you don't really want to catchup. Legion is the latter.. and BfA is looking to be Legion 2.0."

You are running in circles there bud.
    Okay, it's evident you need help.

First of all, I asked you what you proved, to which you replied with yet another question, rather than providing said proof. Good job, again.

You claimed that pressing enough buttons gives depth. I'm telling you it doesn't; there are plenty of games that do not require you to use more than 3 skills and are vastly more complex than WoW's simplistic combat system.

Secondly, AP grinding isn't content; it's a power creep to give players a sense of progression. It's not fun, nor interesting - no one ever claimed it was. Therefore, it's good that there's a catch-up mechanic; it decreases the time you need to spend doing these tedious but necessary chores when you start a new character.

This should clarify the matter, even for someone with your cognitive reach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    this thread is stupid as hell.
    It sure is, but does it surprise you, considering where it came from?
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2018-06-22 at 05:32 PM.

Okay, it's evident you need help.

First of all, I asked you what you proved, to which you replied with yet another question, rather than providing said proof. Good job, again.

You claimed that pressing enough buttons gives depth. I'm telling you it doesn't; there are plenty of games that do not require you to use more than 3 skills and are vastly more complex than WoW's simplistic combat system.

Secondly, AP grinding isn't content; it's a power creep to give players a sense of progression. It's not fun, nor interesting - no one ever claimed it was. Therefore, it's good that there's a catch-up mechanic; it decreases the time you need to spend doing these tedious but necessary chores when you start a new character.

This should clarify the matter, even for someone with your cognitive reach.

It sure is.
    "You claimed that pressing enough buttons gives depth. I'm telling you it doesn't; there are plenty of games that do not require you to use more than 3 skills and are vastly more complex than WoW's simplistic combat system."

Could you give examples?

"Secondly, AP grinding isn't content; it's a power creep to give players a sense of progression. It's not fun, nor interesting - no one ever claimed it was. Therefore, it's good that there's a catch-up mechanic; it decreases the time you need to spend doing these tedious but necessary chores when you start a new character."

Keep proving my point that AP grind is stupid so is the catch up mechanism that comes with it.

"You claimed that pressing enough buttons gives depth. I'm telling you it doesn't; there are plenty of games that do not require you to use more than 3 skills and are vastly more complex than WoW's simplistic combat system."

Could you give examples?

"Secondly, AP grinding isn't content; it's a power creep to give players a sense of progression. It's not fun, nor interesting - no one ever claimed it was. Therefore, it's good that there's a catch-up mechanic; it decreases the time you need to spend doing these tedious but necessary chores when you start a new character."

Keep proving my point that AP grind is stupid so is the catch up mechanism that comes with it.
    This was your original post:
    There is no reason to play from launch when you can just play in the last 2 months and experience everything.
    It ruins grinding and playing the game from day 1. What's the point of working towards something when someone 1 months later comes by and gets it in a week? Keep in mind that u grinded it for a whole month.... This is just wicked stupid game design.
    You weren't arguing against gathering AP, you were moaning and weeping like a little baby about the fact that someone else might reach your levels of AP in less time.

The irony of it all is that you dislike the AP grind but are against any kind of catch-up mechanics.

As I said, you're hilarious