Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Eh, we're currently working to cut any mechanism you have to ever hope to have any meaningful victories in the future out from under you. In case you haven't noticed.
    It's true.
    We're in a minority rule already.

The President received 3 million fewer votes than his opponent.
    More people voted for Democratic senators than Republicans, but Republicans control the chamber.
    More people are in favor of impeaching Trump than support him, but no action is taken.

And the Republicans are making aggressive moves to hold power as the minority.

It won't hold. Next stop, another civil war.

But hey, that's "civil", right?
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    yeah, Im mad over that bullshit the Republicans pulled. You dont get to deny half a president's term because he's a lame duck. Ultimately, I hope the Dems pull the same. I once thought differently, but its clear to me that if Dems dont follow, Repubs will walk all over them.

Although Im still against shutting down the government. Thats mroe harmful than merely denying a SC pick.
    Its not the Senate's job to rubber stamp any judge the President nominates. Its their job to advise and consent. They told Obama his choice sucked and was a left wing activist judge and go pound sand. Give us a good judge to consider and we will approve it

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, we're currently working to cut any mechanism you have to ever hope to have any meaningful victories in the future out from under you. In case you haven't noticed.
    You don't believe that's kind of fucked up?

Half of the people in this country think like he does. Why shouldn't they get a fair shake in the Judicial branch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Its not the Senate's job to rubber stamp any judge the President nominates. Its their job to advise and consent. They told Obama his choice sucked and was a left wing activist judge and go pound sand. Give us a good judge to consider and we will approve it
    Your opinion of what "a good judge" is, is immaterial given your opinions on just about every subject. Radicals don't know what a moderate is, because to them a moderate is a "suber lib anti american hateful person".

10+ Year Old Account
    Only for those who want to buck 250 years of tradition and are unpatriotic
    You'll have to excuse me if I disregard your version of patriotic. You have a long-standing history of wanting to see people hurt because of the political beliefs the character you portray here displays.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    I don't know if you know much about my people in the US. But we'll gladly be the huckleberry of the limp-wristed crowd any time they feel like kicking it off.
    Well yes liberals will obviously lose any civil war. But that does not mean you will win. Civil wars are a lose lose proposition.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, Im mad over that bullshit the Republicans pulled. You dont get to deny half a president's term because he's a lame duck. Ultimately, I hope the Dems pull the same. I once thought differently, but its clear to me that if Dems dont follow, Repubs will walk all over them.

Although Im still against shutting down the government. Thats mroe harmful than merely denying a SC pick.
    Democrats cant do anything to stop it until they get 51 senators which they wont before the vote. Even if they did manage to stall until they have enough to block his picks, he will just make recess appointments

Yeah, because that's healthy for the country and half or more of its citizens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Your opinion of what "a good judge" is, is immaterial given your opinions on just about every subject. Radicals don't know what a moderate is, because to them a moderate is a "suber lib anti american hateful person".
    Casting Garland as moderate is simply dishonest. Garland scores about the same on judicial scores as Breyer. And Breyer is not moderate. If you push it, you could cast him as moderate liberal, but that is it.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, we'll probably have political bombings from leftists a la the 1970s soon. We'll just have our boys in blue take care of the problem.
    And what do you expect to win exactly? People on your side will still die.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    You realize that hating more than half of Americans puts you closer to "enemy of the US" part of the spectrum than "patriot of the US", right?

I mean seriously, what precisely did the libs do to you, that made you such a bitter and angry enemy of the US?
    Yeah it's not like he called them deplorables right?

Well fuck. I can't believe Kennedy wants Trump to pick his replacement. Oh and McConnell has some effin nerve.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    You are joking right? The court started to be explicitly partisan at least after Roosevelt slowly packed (after the explicit attempt to pack failed) it with justices whose primary qualification was to find all new deal legislation constitutional.
    No I am not joking? It is clear to anyone that the court has became partisan.

- - - Updated - - -

He could even nominate me if he wanted!!! Time to go sit by the phone.
    Wouldn't even be surprised if he nominated someone with no legal experience like himself.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

5+ Year Old Account
    Eh, we'll probably have political bombings from leftists a la the 1970s soon. We'll just have our boys in blue take care of the problem.
    Don't worry, that's what we have the Gestapo for! It works for Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    It's true.
    We're in a minority rule already.

The President received 3 million fewer votes than his opponent.
    More people voted for Democratic senators than Republicans, but Republicans control the chamber.
    More people are in favor of impeaching Trump than support him, but no action is taken.

And the Republicans are making aggressive moves to hold power as the minority.

It won't hold. Next stop, another civil war.

But hey, that's "civil", right?
    Welcome to First Past The Post Democracy. Enjoying your stay?
    Look at the previous election results in Canada and the U.K. and tell me if you don't see the same?

Good day s-

Civil War. Yeah, go ahead and try that one...

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Yeah, because that's healthy for the country and half or more of its citizens.
    Assuming that some pathetic, piece of shit fascist coward cares about anything or anyone is a gross error in judgement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    You'll have to excuse me if I disregard your version of patriotic. You have a long-standing history of wanting to see people hurt because of the political beliefs the character you portray here displays.
    Only people who arent normal because they choose to be different in a way that isnt traditional

Dem. Senator BLUMENTHAL: “The Senate should do nothing to artificially delay” consideration of next justice, but POTUS should take his time & make a centrist choice.
    https://twitter.com/GarrettHaake/sta...466003456?s=19

This is the Democrats right here. Just lie down and get trounced on. You really think Trumpist will compromise on a centrist?
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhard von Lohengramm View Post
    Civil War. Yeah, go ahead and try that one...
    Oh, a Garrison cartoon, how precious!
    A modern civil war won't be fought with guns, silly.
    It would be fought with resources and information.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

He could even nominate me if he wanted!!! Time to go sit by the phone.
    Wouldn't be the first time Trump appointed someone who didn't know what they were doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only people who arent normal because they choose to be different in a way that isnt traditional
    Put those welding goggles on a little too tight this morning didn't ya?

So what people make a choice about not being normal and would want a Supreme Court that doesn't like a specific demographic?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)