Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    Yeah, cause there is only "non mmo game" (overwatch) who can bring "PvP like style of a game" /sarcasm.
    MMO are built uppon PvP with PvE serving the sole purpose of PvP, in case you missed the story of the genre in your life.
    A good MMO is doing both at the same level. Any player claiming the want only PvE or only PvP is NOT a pure MMO player. Unfortunately, there is so much nowadays.
    Agreed. The PvP version of the Island Expeditions are a great step in this direction. I always thought purely PvE or PvP just felt so... contrived. PvE being scripted and often predictable vs. PvP, especially in arena-like settings feeling so sterile and meta defined. PvEvP really pulls from the best elements of both systems.

I like War Mode. I like that I nearly defeated a max level rogue with my 114 Ret pally. I love players becoming zone targets for others to hunt down.

Will play in War Mode in live.

Smile

War Mode sounds extremely fun. I can’t to try it out! Lots of incentives to flag for PVP and get into mischief and / or find it

Deleted
    Jesus Christ Jotunhammer, why so sassy? You act as if PvP gets all the love in the world, but the only things we get each expansion is a new bg/arena and some stale PvP changes. This is like the only good thing we'll get for PvP in years. Meanwhile game is still 99% dragonslaying so there's enough to do for you.

If only they hadn't ruined the scaling and allowed a 110 to have a chance against a 120. Because that makes a whole lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunhammer View Post
    Bonus everything for the PVPer and those not PVP get squat.... nothing new... Blizzard been moving from the old PvE and defeat the bosses to lets do overwatch for world of warcraft....

Can't people see...truly this glaring snakesales attitude? Lets put more into PvP and then we do not have to develop as much PvE, we throw in some new arena or
    some new PvP zone and let the players beat eachother that way we do not have to develop as many new PvE stuff, this is what it will end up being.

Look at for example Final Fantasy... anyone that played the first 3 can actually say they like the newest action-rpg SE released?
    If there was some kind of equal bonus for PVE THEN IT WOULDN'T BE A BONUS DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT WORDS MEAN

Do you know how little PVP development there is? Every two years is a HUGE PVE expansion pack, and MAYBE you get an arena (smaller than a dungeon!) or battleground (tiny zone).

And yes, I do like the new Final Fantasy titles as well as the originals. Thanks for your terrible input.

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
    Jesus Christ Jotunhammer, why so sassy? You act as if PvP gets all the love in the world, but the only things we get each expansion is a new bg/arena and some stale PvP changes. This is like the only good thing we'll get for PvP in years. Meanwhile game is still 99% dragonslaying so there's enough to do for you.
    Do not blaspheme...
    There is a reason to my madness.
    Or have you not noticed recent years that Blizzard has gone more and more into PvP oriented territory?
    Have they released anything more than a half attempt to any other direction?
    Starcraft II gotten any love more than the missions half measured?
    Diablo III gotten any love at all?

Let me put it this way, what HAS Blizzard released?
    Overwatch (pvp)
    Heroes (moba also pvp)
    they added activision games, shooter games, pvp

I am a HUGE rpg fan and I played these games every since Blizzard was synapse and before that
    and I see a company thats gone away from their standards and it is worrying.

The injection of PvP into WoW was before a totally different game than the PvE part, that is how I would like
    it to remain, keep the two separate, completely, do not force the PvE gamer to go PvP because he can't keep
    up with the PvP player.

Personally, I hate PvP with one exception, strategic, planned, games like MOBA's but other than that I notice that
    those PvP usually tend to corpse camp, they tend to behave in a manner not befitting. So. I rather those things be
    as far away from me as possible.

and I would LOVE if the developers actually took time to TRY and evolve PvE to something more than
    1. go there
    2. kill that bunch
    3. get their loot

oh there are ofc variations, go there, kill that dude, go over to that dude get his hammer, go over to that dude and buy some water from him
    etc, but in the end it is a fetch this, kill that kind of game, no requirement of thinking or planning or doing anything else than eternally
    go to this place, kill X amount of critters.

There was WAS attempts... where you would gather things, do quests, figure out clues etc and you got rewarded with
    open new areas, open new quests etc, but where are those now? sporadic "games" inside the wow like in argus where you click 2 statues
    and you use combinations to open chests. why not evolve that kind of thinking...?

am I so damn wrong in wanting PvE to evolve equally as fast as PvP has? I see grand arenas, conquest islands, ladder matches, ranks, mounts, special prices etc for the PvP.

And because I object and think that the developers are heading in a wrong direction (as I see it from my point of view)
    I am told to shut up and stop being egoistic. Fine, let Blizzard dumb it down to where facerolling is the key or do whatever.
    But WoW is losing its core values, and it stops at some point being WoW, it becomes WoPvP

Now I will remain silent and let all the PVP nuts go flame over whatever while I get a BJ

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VekniDarkIron View Post
    If there was some kind of equal bonus for PVE THEN IT WOULDN'T BE A BONUS DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT WORDS MEAN

Do you know how little PVP development there is? Every two years is a HUGE PVE expansion pack, and MAYBE you get an arena (smaller than a dungeon!) or battleground (tiny zone).

And yes, I do like the new Final Fantasy titles as well as the originals. Thanks for your terrible input.
    seriously... you make me laugh...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bMLrA_0O5I&t=154s

Honesty Jotunhammer it sounds like you’re just tired of MMOs. No matter how much is added the PvE is ALWAYS going to be “kill mobs, level up, do dungeons, do raids, collect gear, do quests, grind” etc etc. And it’s PERFECTLY OK to be tired of MMOs. I get that way too sometimes.

War mode sounds fun, until 3 Rogue friends start to follow you around for three hours just because they can.

Do not blaspheme...
    There is a reason to my madness.
    Or have you not noticed recent years that Blizzard has gone more and more into PvP oriented territory?
    Have they released anything more than a half attempt to any other direction?
    Starcraft II gotten any love more than the missions half measured?
    Diablo III gotten any love at all?

Let me put it this way, what HAS Blizzard released?
    Overwatch (pvp)
    Heroes (moba also pvp)
    they added activision games, shooter games, pvp

I am a HUGE rpg fan and I played these games every since Blizzard was synapse and before that
    and I see a company thats gone away from their standards and it is worrying.

The injection of PvP into WoW was before a totally different game than the PvE part, that is how I would like
    it to remain, keep the two separate, completely, do not force the PvE gamer to go PvP because he can't keep
    up with the PvP player.

Personally, I hate PvP with one exception, strategic, planned, games like MOBA's but other than that I notice that
    those PvP usually tend to corpse camp, they tend to behave in a manner not befitting. So. I rather those things be
    as far away from me as possible.

and I would LOVE if the developers actually took time to TRY and evolve PvE to something more than
    1. go there
    2. kill that bunch
    3. get their loot

oh there are ofc variations, go there, kill that dude, go over to that dude get his hammer, go over to that dude and buy some water from him
    etc, but in the end it is a fetch this, kill that kind of game, no requirement of thinking or planning or doing anything else than eternally
    go to this place, kill X amount of critters.

There was WAS attempts... where you would gather things, do quests, figure out clues etc and you got rewarded with
    open new areas, open new quests etc, but where are those now? sporadic "games" inside the wow like in argus where you click 2 statues
    and you use combinations to open chests. why not evolve that kind of thinking...?

am I so damn wrong in wanting PvE to evolve equally as fast as PvP has? I see grand arenas, conquest islands, ladder matches, ranks, mounts, special prices etc for the PvP.

And because I object and think that the developers are heading in a wrong direction (as I see it from my point of view)
    I am told to shut up and stop being egoistic. Fine, let Blizzard dumb it down to where facerolling is the key or do whatever.
    But WoW is losing its core values, and it stops at some point being WoW, it becomes WoPvP

Now I will remain silent and let all the PVP nuts go flame over whatever while I get a BJ

- - - Updated - - -

seriously... you make me laugh...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bMLrA_0O5I&t=154s
    I'll have what you're having...lay off the crack bro
    Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    rawrrrr, i decided to make a new toon and now i can't get into the game....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyth View Post
    this is the dumbest person i have ever seen.

Deleted
    So far best thing in BFA

'become available as you earn Honor levels through participating in PvP, which puts players looking to get into PvP for the first time at a disadvantage until they earn the tools everyone else already has'

Is it me or do they come to this realisation at the end of every expansion, and every new expansion fails to address it, and the cycle repeats forever...

Bonus everything for the PVPer and those not PVP get squat.... nothing new... Blizzard been moving from the old PvE and defeat the bosses to lets do overwatch for world of warcraft....

Can't people see...truly this glaring snakesales attitude? Lets put more into PvP and then we do not have to develop as much PvE, we throw in some new arena or
    some new PvP zone and let the players beat eachother that way we do not have to develop as many new PvE stuff, this is what it will end up being.

Put more umph into PvP and more interest, and guess what, once you get use to PvP they will add more and more required stuff into PvP, and before you know it
    you have to do PvP quests just to get ahead in the PvE and then a few expansions down the road, why even build bosses, lets just build areas for PvP and yay
    we can cut down on the developers and their salaries...

It would not be the first game that went from PvE and good storyline and slowly over time it became more action and more shooter and pvp oritend until
    in the end its nothing like what it presented itself to be.

Look at for example Final Fantasy... anyone that played the first 3 can actually say they like the newest action-rpg SE released?

I hope World of Warcraft remains PvE oriented and those wanting PvP go over to overwatch or get a stand alone game and stop mixing PvP and PvE
    and stop pandering to the PvP players.
    Not sure if troll post but anyway, pvp players have got exactly squat since MoP. Ashran was a broken joke and there was nothing new in Legion except the odd brawler bg. Plus gearing changes were a nightmare. So we finally get an expansion that gives a little focus on pvp, which actually matches the theme of the expansion btw, and we get comments like this. And I like how to overlook or forget to mention the new PVE elements bfa is bringing to the table.

The pvp improvements for bfa look fantastic, I can't wait to get my warmode on. This might actually bring the pvp players back that deserted the game after the WoD fiasco.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account

Put more umph into PvP and more interest, and guess what, once you get use to PvP they will add more and more required stuff into PvP, and before you know it
    you have to do PvP quests just to get ahead in the PvE and then a few expansions down the road, why even build bosses, lets just build areas for PvP and yay
    we can cut down on the developers and their salaries...

It would not be the first game that went from PvE and good storyline and slowly over time it became more action and more shooter and pvp oritend until
    in the end its nothing like what it presented itself to be.

I hope World of Warcraft remains PvE oriented and those wanting PvP go over to overwatch or get a stand alone game and stop mixing PvP and PvE
    and stop pandering to the PvP players.
    Literally the same argument homophobes make when they see gay people kiss in a movie. "STOP PUSHING THE PVP AGENDA!"

The entire rest of the game is PVE rewards. The xpac is faction war focused. What in the everloving hell did you expect?

Why the hell can't the game be both? Is there a law somewhere that forbids MMO-RPG's from having engaging pve AND pvp environments?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Not sure if troll post but anyway, pvp players have got exactly squat since MoP. Ashran was a broken joke and there was nothing new in Legion except the odd brawler bg. Plus gearing changes were a nightmare. So we finally get an expansion that gives a little focus on pvp, which actually matches the theme of the expansion btw, and we get comments like this. And I like how to overlook or forget to mention the new PVE elements bfa is bringing to the table.

The pvp improvements for bfa look fantastic, I can't wait to get my warmode on. This might actually bring the pvp players back that deserted the game after the WoD fiasco.
    This ^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    War mode sounds fun, until 3 Rogue friends start to follow you around for three hours just because they can.
    That sounds like a L2P issue right there. There has been dozens of times that groups have tried to camp me. It even happened today. I was pretty bad today, died twice. DIED TWICE. Whoop de fucking doo. If you cannot handle yourself out in the world then it is pretty clear that you should just go back to normal WoW. Leave Mythic WoW to those of us who can actually play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

AIR DROPS.
    AIR DROPS.
    AIR DROPS.

Rust meets WoW. Finally.
    Welcome back World PvP, I've missed you so much.

I cannot express how hyped I am right now.

Not sure everyone noticed the wording of this, but the big deal to me is... you get Honor Talents out in the world. I don't know what talents are in the game now but there's a LOT of honor Talents which would've been awesome to have when questing/etc. Too bad they're not on for raids/dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft: The Battle Royale Edition

fortnite battle pass in wow pvp interesting

The new PvP System/Warmode is really amazing. But they can add whatever they want - As long as the classes arent fun to play(hello pruning,3-4 Button rota).
    Nobody will ever care. And thats more then sad....