Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ababmer View Post
    BWAK BWAK BWAK BWAK BWAKKKK

You *give me free epics and hand-hold raid* players are goin the way of the dodo and there's nothing you can do about it
    I am disappointed in how easily you gave up your professional tone. 2/10 troll.

We are preparing for this internally at Blizzard.

Nostralius and the other private servers combined clearly exceeded the number - it is a controversial perspective at Blizzard but one we have in mind.

Many staff members are upset that 80% of the design decisions between vanilla and now will not have resulted in a more popular game - this is evidence of bad design.

Hierachy, progression and social interaction on a server, once again, trumps all other design choices.
    Proof or you are just trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    A good majority of them likely have no interest in classic because they are too casual and it doesn't appeal to them, or they are too hardcore and focused on retail.
    Or because they already did it and have no real urge to do it again.

I'd be incredibly interested in knowing just what percentage of those with a fetish for Classic actually did any proper end game raiding other than Molten Core and perhaps Blackwing Lair.

It'll get a few people back purely for nostalgia, and some who never played Vanilla, but the idea that it is going to overtake current is absolutely laughable.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    Weren't you a diehard vanilla fan? O_o

Soz if I mistook you for someone else though...
    You mistook me for someone else for sure

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    please stay on topic or reported
    He made a good point. Your OP was stated as if it was actual Blizzard employees thoughts, and unless you are one you've little idea if true or not. Your assumptions and beliefs may not be Blizzards.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

BWAK BWAK BWAK BWAK BWAKKKK

You *give me free epics and hand-hold raid* players are goin the way of the dodo and there's nothing you can do about it
    Lol, vanilla raids are so easy there's no hand holding required. Just need to gather 39 other people of the correct roles and faceroll.

Deleted
    So i will be infracted if i say that OP is a troll, but he won't get banned for thread like https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...you-in-a-fight.

Seems logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if it does get a huge initial pop there is no way in hell it sustains that. It will find a hardcore audience that will stick with it but I don't see the general public liking how the game was back then. As it is people bitch when you have to do minimal content to get things. Try telling them that you have to do that 10 fold in classic. No mounts till 40? And thats for the slow one. People cry when they can't fly right off the bat lmao.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium

Nostralius and the other private servers combined clearly exceeded the number - it is a controversial perspective at Blizzard but one we have in mind.

Many staff members are upset that 80% of the design decisions between vanilla and now will not have resulted in a more popular game - this is evidence of bad design.

Hierachy, progression and social interaction on a server, once again, trumps all other design choices.
    I doubt it. Of course, we don't have any numbers for the live game, so I suppose technically it's impossible to argue either way.

Off-topic: Where's that Warcraft 4 full trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by srathgar View Post
    The irony here is that so many private server players only do it because its free.
    Explain why thousands of them signed a petition to have Blizzard launch official Classic realms then?

Classic is garbage. End of thread.

I'm not convinced Classic will launch during BFA's time frame.

7+ Year Old Account

"Internally at Blizzard" lol. Sure you're a Blizz employee. Don't insult us with such a lame attempt.

P.S. That loathsome pirate site was called "Nostalrius", not "Nostralius".

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah... but IF it happens... it will probably be for like 1/2 weeks until people realize how painful of an experience it is.

Deleted
    at some point's in time probably. especially close to it's launch.

but i highly doubt it will retain those numbers in the long run, and we'll probably see a quick decline past the first week and then a more slow decline until it reaches stable numbers.

this isn't to say it won't be popular though, seeing some of the discussions and topics and the firm stance some people have about possible changes compared to the 2004/2005 launch version. and the o so popular and stylish roze tinted glasses some people are sporting.

we can only wait and see.

i, for one, will at least be checking it out on/near launch.
    depending on any potential price tag involved. if it's a bit much i might just wait a week or 2 and see what kind of amazing, if not creative, discussions it will spur on these forums.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Todesbote View Post
    Sure, classic server traffic will spike in the first few days after it's release. But once most of the rose-tinted glasses come off, people will realize what a shit-show classic was compared to today's higher quality standards and quit or return to retail pretty fast. However that doesn't really matter as there will always be at least enough players to fill a server (even as little as 5000 players would be enough). The classic community will thrive even with a comparatively low population. If you're hoping that in the long run the classic community will be bigger than retail then I think you will be disappointed.
    I'm sorry, but this is as much rose-tinted glasses about the current state of the game as thinking Classic was perfect. There is far more to quality than it looks prettier, and there is far more to a game than little conveniences (or inconveniences).

Although I seriously doubt the assertion of the OP, I find this to be just as asinine. There will be plenty who will join and enjoy Classic, although unlikely to exceed the current player base. While there will be losses, it won't be nearly as severe as you are implying either. In fact, I would guess that, as a percentage, the losses after a month or two of BfA will be more severe than a month or two of Classic.

Incorrect. Vanilla will have a niche player base in comparison to retail - people will flock to classic to try it, especially those who've never played Vanilla before. Once they realise how grindy it is through those numbers will disappear, the only people left playing it will be people who genuinely want Vanilla.

Quick but fairly accurate graph of what Classic WoW will look like.

Last edited by Turaska; 2018-07-03 at 02:58 PM.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Threadripper 2950x | 32gig Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz | GTX 1070 (Yes, I was stingy on the graphics card HOOOO!)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't trust someone who types IIII instead of IV with any numbers, so... no, i don't believe you, it's highly unlikely
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Incidentally, I disagree with the OP. As far as Blizzard will report, Classic WoW will not have more players than current WoW but current WoW will not have more players than Classic WoW. They will have the same amount because Blizzard will report them as the same game (especially with how they've worded it and a high possibility you can access both through the same client.)

10+ Year Old Account

So you are a Blizzard employee?

Anyways Classic will most likely be released at the end of BfA, when everything has been quieted down.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”