Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    u want commercial suicide ? coca cola is the most successful company in entire world (literally, it has only 1 country with no market : north korea, only company EVER to achieve that) yet u'll NEVER find a single official statement or publish from Pepsi saying that they admit coca is superior
    If blizz admit they are doing sh8t for game and reason ppl leaving it, they are shooting their own foot, imagine trying to sell the game saying ' i'm the one who made that game and i say it sucks for u to play, do u want to buy it? '
    The "best" statement u can find from blizz is when they stopped showing their epneis at WoD era when they stopped publish the subs number, something that they were the one who posted in first place, after Final Fantasy online showed blizz how shrunk their epneis became when they beat them in subs number

that's nintendo, i literally can't name a single major company that does that beside them, projekt is shaping to be so (witcher's creators) but they still medium at best if u want to squeeze another name here
    blizz now is owned by activision, the company that single handledly almost destroyed video game industry forever, if not for good guy nintendo spend millions to save it
    Activision doesn't own Blizzard. Activisiona nd Blizzard are two companies under the same roof. Both make decisions for themselves and have no input on the other company. Blizzard, and only Blizzard, makes decisions on it's games.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Activision doesn't own Blizzard. Activisiona nd Blizzard are two companies under the same roof. Both make decisions for themselves and have no input on the other company. Blizzard, and only Blizzard, makes decisions on it's games.
    You're about 5 years behind on that. The CEO of ATVI bought out the entire company and the fact that it has a bunch of design studios with different names in their organizational structure in no way means that Bobby Kotick and the financial guys for all of ATVI cannot and do not have any input into game development at any of the studios.

Things might have been a bit different when Vivendi owned the whole thing but the people who run Activision run the entire damned thing and can hire/fire/demand what the fuck ever they want from any of their sub parts, Blizzard included.

Deleted
    Compared to some other publisher games *cough* EAids *cough* im very pleased with Blizzard and Blizzard games.
    It doesn't feel like they are only greedy and don't care about their customers for me.

Sure there are a lot of things i would like to see changed but im still here and still play the game, a ton of stuff is also very subjective critique, everyone has a different point of view.

I also disbelief that Blizzard actually did too bad since wrath, the landscape of gaming simply changed, mmorpgs loose popularity since years, faster and easy to get into games are the dominators of the current video game market, just look at mobas for the past few years and now at battleroyale type of games WoW had to change like it did to survive, this is generation instant gratification after all.
    Last edited by mmoc43c2267131; 2018-07-04 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manatsunamis View Post
    *Blizzard feels that Legion was a truly successful expansions and players in general have been more positive about it than other recent expansions.*

Why do they say this and yet are still going to release BFA they way that it right now like really? Hello WoD V2.0 They have publicly stated that classes won't fully ready until 8.1 so let say January?... Honestly if I had a chance to interview Ion I would call him out of the first question I ask and that would be "Why not delay BFA launch until everything is fully ready?
    Because they cannot? Delaying a release at a late stage is very disruptive. Because it is not just a case of, we will delay by 2 months etc. There is a whole chain of other people that are involved.

The disc needs to be pressed. Manufacturers have slots when the disc are pressed. Boxes made, distribution, shops, storage etc all needs to be involved and updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Manatsunamis View Post
    Remember people " A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."
    Right. Thank you for your amazing insight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    This. Star Citizen really took it to the next level.
    Yup. $27k content pack too. $27k USD? And the game is not even release? That takes brass b**** to do something like.

Every expansion was rushed and no class is ever ready and every expansion was worse than the last and nothing is ever good about anything.
    Am I doing it right?

They will admit it when they are selling us next xpac. Ion will give his listen we know the launch of BFA was rocky and there were some classes and specs that didnt get a blizzard polish blah blah blah we commit to never letting u down again blah blah speach.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2018-07-05 at 03:16 AM.

Because who need to be happy are ultimately the shareholders and investors, the sales for a new xpack are the best thing to give the shareholders a boner and you want them to delay it? Keep dreaming.

Wow is an old game there isn't anymore a huge number of new players starting it fresh, most of the numbers are made by peoples returning for the new xpack they don't engage in endgame pvp or pve, just level a char or two dress it a bit with wq or lfr and then freeze again until a new "content" patch is released, rinse and repeat.

The biggest feature in bfa is allied races a perfect bait for those who return just for a few months and then freeze again until next race is unlocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    I wouldn't know, like i said, i never encountered it since i almost play 100% exclusive with my guildies in raid content. But on this site, the wow forums, reddit and others the last few years there have been alot of mentions of ML abuse, so i assumed it would be to counter these issues as i can't see any other reason for a change like this. Who would care how a guild distributes their loot, unless its solely to combat splitraiding. But i doubt those guilds would be stopped by a change like this.
    The conclusion you came to on your own is exactly the argument people against the removal of Master Loot have been using. As the previous poster mentioned, in Legion you NEED 80% of your group to be a guild group to even impose Master Loot, so it's a non-issue in practically any PuG. The complaints are from years ago (which are no longer valid since Legion's new ML system) or from individuals going into a guild group expecting loot when they're trialing. Which is unrealistic as an expectation, especially if it's been stated prior to you joining that group. Either way, this still only affects a very small population of players who actually raid in Mythic content and rely on Master Loot as a tool to prioritize loot and distribute it for the benefit of the raid group's progression as a whole.

Now, on-topic. I'm not sure that BfA will be as bad or unfinished as the OP is stating, but Blizzard does have a bad history of making a change, reverting it several patches later, or even an entire expac later and just not actually own up to the fact that they fucked up. The GCD changes are a very recent and perfect example. They made the change to the GCD touting it as this great thing for gameplay, and then slowly but surely started to move shit off of it until things are almost the same way as they were before they fucking changed it. Not once have they admitted that putting EVERYTHING back on the GCD was stupid nor will they admit it. At this point, I take them reverting changes as the quiet apology; they're not explicitly saying they fucked up, but they're saying it. :P
    Last edited by xxcloud417xx; 2018-07-05 at 05:27 AM.

I think people have already hit on the points.
    Blizzard will never admit their own mistakes unless it benefits them, BFA class balance is a problem because they kept hoping the new mcguffin would fit the system but after testing it never can/will and they had to rush to fix the classes since the necklace wouldn't let them do it over time.

Because Activision is pushing them to measure sub health with time played as a meritic i see blizzard pushing more and more toxic system to keep players ingame doing trivial shit until they kill the game themselves, people always say a game will come along to slay WOW but it can never happen with this many fanboys, Blizzard really has to fall on its own sword first.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Jeff Kaplan says hi and tell u to check his own statement on how they had to make presentation to Activision so THEY approve that blizz makes overwatch, it isn't even a private info, it is well known public
    Blizzard right now is owned by guy who was named multiple times as the guy who hate games the most in the world

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Every expansion was rushed and no class is ever ready and every expansion was worse than the last and nothing is ever good about anything.
    Am I doing it right?
    not sure u being sarcastic or actually mean it but yes, every exp blizz always have way more ideas than they end implementing in-game, that includes even TBC and Wrath, if u own the deluxe collection u'll see them talking about many ideas that didn't end in-game, for example they wanted a far more diverse race/class spells in TBC but never happened, and in wrath the very beautiful Crystalsong Forest ended deserted and so on
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you seen the way they treat their players? They are snobby assholes most of the nice guys who enjoyed the games and fans have left.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    what classes aren't ready?
    Shamans

10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    Shamans

10 chars
    RIP all those 10 people that give a shit about Shamans. F

[QUOTE=Manatsunamis;49671621]*Blizzard feels that Legion was a truly successful expansions and players in general have been more positive about it than other recent expansions.*

A) No company will ever say "That product we recently made is shit but this new product is super awesome. Please buy."
    B) Your quote does not say Legion was great, it is incredibly vague and says '....in general have been more positive'. That is quite a negative comment and is the Marketing team trying their hardest to make something bad seem good.
    C) Just because you and perhaps the players you spoke to hated Legion doesn't mean everyone did.
    D) warcraft is just a game, a childrens game no less I mean what is it rated 12 on the box, it is not a lifestyle choice or a job it is meant to be a fun past time. If you hate it stop playing it. Plus it's an online game, they will shut the servers down eventually so you really need to halt your deep emotional connection to it before that occurs.
    E) I know it can be upsetting when the Manager of a game or football team you like does something you don't agree with but honestly dude you cant let yourself be enraged by things outside of your control. Life can be shitty enough as it is without giving it a helping hand lol.
    F) They want to make money, despite what you may think they are not trying to piss everyone off and do want to make the best game on the planet so every single human buys it. If you want to help go to their official forum and post some helpful suggestions.
    G) Be happy

Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    RIP all those 10 people that give a shit about Shamans. F
    trolling 1/10, try harder.

I think Blizzard has the sense to know that they're never going to satisfy everybody. As long as they feel like the majority enjoyed the experience, then they can keep going in the same direction. Besides, if the spent their time catering to complainers, they'd never get any new content released.

Admitting they screwed up can hurt sales and sales projections which directly effects stock value, that is the only reason they will never admit it during an expansion.

Why can't OP admit he's being way over the top about his anger and be honest about it?

Because you're one of the horde of trolls who think BFA is bad because not every class is going to be balanced.

SHOCK AND AWE THAT'S NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE IN THE HISTORY OF WOW, CLASS IMBALANCE. A CLEARLY NEW CONCEPT.

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    Why can't OP admit he's being way over the top about his anger and be honest about it?

Because you're one of the horde of trolls who think BFA is bad because not every class is going to be balanced.

SHOCK AND AWE THAT'S NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE IN THE HISTORY OF WOW, CLASS IMBALANCE. A CLEARLY NEW CONCEPT.
    Yeah, people like the OP are the reason that Blizz is always hesitant to communicate with the playerbase. They freak out over everything. Fortunately, they have thick skin, and know to ignore people like that. Class balance has been an issue since Day 1. It was an issue throughout Legion and all other x-pacs. Having some issues at the start of BfA is absolutely nothing new.

As a general rule of thumb, you never admit mistakes or fault to people below you. Only your boss.