Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    No more allied races, please. Blizzard should refocus their efforts to existing races. The races they've announced so far are more than enough (Too much in some cases).
    There are more to come. Vulpera are pretty much a given at this point, and I expect them and their Alliance counterpart to be announced at Blizzcon. And after that, possibly another pair later down the line.

BFA IS the expansion where you can expect a regular cadence of Allied races to keep trundling off the conveyor belt.

8.0 Mag'har and Dark Irons
    8.1 Zandalari and Kul Tirans
    8.2 Vulpera and ?
    8.3 ??

See how it follows the traditional patch structure for a WoW expansion now?

At launch we get a raid, we get a new a warfront and two new allied races.

Then each major patch will bring a new raid, a new warfront and two more allied races until 8.3 when the Horde wins the war and saves azeroth from the old gods.

After that I expect the number of allied races introduced to fall drastically to a pair each expansion maximum, with no guarantee of a pair at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Mogul as the Pandaren allied race would be interesting, even though they are enemies. But as titan creations maybe an interesting storyline involving Ra's return will show how they come round to our side
    We never killed him so odds are Ra-den may show up later on in some way shape and form

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    There are more to come. Vulpera are pretty much a given at this point, and I expect them and their Alliance counterpart to be announced at Blizzcon. And after that, possibly another pair later down the line.

BFA IS the expansion where you can expect a regular cadence of Allied races to keep trundling off the conveyor belt.

8.0 Mag'har and Dark Irons
    8.1 Zandalari and Kul Tirans
    8.2 Vulpera and ?
    8.3 ??

See how it follows the traditional patch structure for a WoW expansion now?

At launch we get a raid, we get a new a warfront and two new allied races.

Then each major patch will bring a new raid, a new warfront and two more allied races until 8.3 when the Horde wins the war and saves azeroth from the old gods.

After that I expect the number of allied races introduced to fall drastically to a pair each expansion maximum, with no guarantee of a pair at all.
    But what if they give us 4 allied race in one patch, like how they did with Lightforged, Void Elves, Nightborne, and Highmountain Tauren

LMAO what even are those suggestions of yours

Its absolutely absurd that Hozen and Jinyu havent been incorporated as allied races. MoP and Bfa are pretty much the same expansions with less pandas, my point being both races joined either side because they were to fight in the faction war. The war continues. I refuse to believe that either side just abandoned them. Isnt there an hozen in the org port, Riko was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Auctioneer View Post
    LMAO what even are those suggestions of yours

Its absolutely absurd that Hozen and Jinyu havent been incorporated as allied races. MoP and Bfa are pretty much the same expansions with less pandas, my point being both races joined either side because they were to fight in the faction war. The war continues. I refuse to believe that either side just abandoned them. Isnt there an hozen in the org port, Riko was it?
    I think I've heard of a Hozen training to be Kor'kron in Zuldazar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    But what if they give us 4 allied race in one patch, like how they did with Lightforged, Void Elves, Nightborne, and Highmountain Tauren
    I suspect that the four races given at once were simply a by-product of the introduction of the system and dealing with the races we met in Legion all at once. A one off in other words. I would strongly suspect we will be seeing them come in pairs only from now on.

No more allied races, please. Blizzard should refocus their efforts to existing races. The races they've announced so far are more than enough (Too much in some cases).
    One of the major perks of allied races, is boosting the main race lore.

You shouldn't think of void elves as a separate race isolated, but a branch off of the high/blood elves, it is Thalassian elf lore carried on on the alliance as it explores a new branch of the Thalassian elves thereby boosting that races lore. Same with nightborne also varying on night elf lore. Sure blood elves will want a dark brooding sub race on their side too and not just on the alliance, just as alliance would want majestic arcane night elves on their side too, hence San'layn and Farondis Highborne exist, but all are really continuations of the blood elf race or the night elf race and are part of their lore.

It is up to blizzard to keep connecting the two, for while they are separate groups with their own destinies, they are still linked, I have always viewed mentions and appearances of high elves throughout wow as more blood elf lore.

Same can be said about nightborne to night elf, lightforged to draenei, highmountain to tauren, dark iron to dwarf, zandalri to darkspears etc.

Allied races are a huge boost to main race lore, because they are not stand alone races like the main races are.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2018-07-05 at 10:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Onenofnthe major perks of allied races, is boosting the main race lore.

You shouldn't think of void elves as a separate race isolated, but a branch off of the high/blood elves, it is Thalassian elf lore carried on on the alliance as it explores a new branch of the Thalassian elves thereby boosting that races lore.

It is up to blizzard to keep connecting the two, for while they are separate groups with their own destinies, they are still linked, I have always viewed mentions and appearances of high elves throughout wow as more blood elf lore.

Same can be said about nightborne to night elf, lightforged to draenei, highmountain to tauren, dark iron to dwarf, zandalri to darkspears Tec

Allied races are a huge boost to main race lore, because they are not stand alone races like the main races are.
    That’s not how Blizzard writes.

Void Elves won’t boost Blood Elf lore, it’ll divide the attention given to Alliance races even further to make them their own thing.

The more races we have the less screen time existing ones will get as Blizzard splits their attention between them all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Round 1 isn't complete yet, but it will be, and likely every race will have its own.

The two elven races have already had theirs in the nightborne for night elves and void elves for blood elves, except their options were given to the opposing faction, blood elf players still await their own sub race on their side and night elf players their own on their side.

This will likely come in round 2, if we get there, after each race has gotten there, and from most of the people I've interacted with, t
    Most blood elves want their own emo dark vibe race to play with - in my opinion, this makes the San'layn front runners, meanwhile, a lot of night elf fans having lost the nightborne, crave their own elegant majestic elf - imo, the Farondis as a revived race epitomising pre-addiction highborne would fit perfectly.

Now before some you start yelling no more elf sub races because you hate all the noise and topics us elf fans make, remember this is for a scenario where every race already has one sub race in game and blizzard go for round two. To refresh your memory

Round 1
    Blood elf - Void elf
    Night elf - Nightborne elf
    Tauren - Highmountain Tauren
    Draenei - Lightforged Draenei
    Troll - Zandalari Troll
    Human - Kul'Tiran human
    Orc - Mag'har Orc
    Dwarf - Dark Iron Dwarf

Guessestimates:
    Forsaken - Vamp'yrs
    Gnome - Leper Gnome
    Goblin - Gil'goblin
    Worgen - Dream Worgen (from Emerald Dream)

Round 2

Orcs: Half-orc or Mok'nathal
    Human: Half-elf or Azotha (half Vrykul)
    Blood Elf: San'layn or Sun touched (healed wretched)
    Night elf: Farondis Highborne or Cenarian
    Tauren: Yaungol or Taunka
    Draenei: Man'ari Eredar or Broken
    Troll: Amani or Drakkari
    Dwarf: Wildhammer or Earthern
    Forsaken: undead Azotha or Kvaldir (changed after Hel'ya's death)
    Gnome: Mecha Gnome or Cyborg Gnome (half gnome half machine)
    Goblin: Kejite Goblin (kezite mutation) or Tinker Goblin
    Worgen: Blackhowl Worgen (Wrathion infused) or Bloodhowl Worgen

Quite exciting options huh.
    Not so excited.

Round 1 is merely a restyle. It's look like Blizzard have decided do not offer us more options to customize our class but make them as a sub-races.
    I prefer to have more options, instead to start from scratch just to have a new haircut or a tatoo.

Also, if you figure that all this Ally Races are just a sub races, probably we don't see any new race at all, at least not in this expansion.

Btw you forget the Pandaren.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Think! When the Mag'har orcs were introduced, was it not orc lore? We saw the continuation of those orcs. Its more orc lore. Definitely tied to the main orcs, and how they interact is sonething blizzard will have to further and have a higher chance of doing with them, and making orcs in general more interesting. This would be true whether they went alliance or stayed on the horde.

When you look at highborne, were they not night elf lore continued? Showing you the story of the other group of Suramar night elves that just continued instead of living without using arcane magic. Dont let the slightly altered apoearances fool you, 7.0 was packed with night elf lore, and with Suramar you had a good exposure to pre-sundering night elf lore - they go out of their way to tell you these guys haven't changed a bit culturally, then show you them interacting with current night elves like Farodin, Moonguard, Val'sharah refugees, their ancestors Tec.

Void elves followed a group of blood elves and a high elf, you go to Quel'thalas for their story, they really are largely blood elves who have swapped sides, but they continue the racial story, albeit on the other faction. You love Thalassian elves, you now have them playing a role in both factions.

Allied races just boost the lore of the main race. Giving each race a fresh outlook. Its a shame the nightborne and void elves couldn't be used to bridge the opposing races, I mean did void elves have to be enemies to the blood elves or nightborne to the night elves just because their unique situations found them needing the other side first?

- - - Updated - - -

That’s not how Blizzard writes.

Void Elves won’t boost Blood Elf lore, it’ll divide the attention given to Alliance races even further to make them their own thing.

The more races we have the less screen time existing ones will get as Blizzard splits their attention between them all.
    That's probably because you are viewing the new allied races as new racial entities, while I view them as groups that are part of the larger race.

I've never viewed high elves as a separate race from blood elves, nor void elves, different faction, but same race. Same with nightborne and night elves, zandarlari and darkspears - same race different faction even though zandarlari are the most differentiated looking allied race from their main race cousin - still same race

I’m really only expecting 2-3 more per faction over the course of BfA and 1-0 in following expacs. Vulpera are pretty likely at the moment, and a while back wowhead had a write up that finally convinced me Sethrak could be on the way. I’d assume those two would come in with the updated Goblin and Worgen models.

San’layn seems like an obvious choice for Forsaken, but it seems like Blizzard wants to equalize elves and we know the only remaining elf isn’t becoming playable. Everything else feels like a shot in the dark at what they could be.