Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Azerite AP and leveling XP nerf

XP required to level for each level from 111 to 120 has increased by 15%, by ~147k per level.
    Artifact Power required to level up the Heart of Azeroth has been increased by 35-53% per level.
    So leveling as warmode with this change will feel the exact same as leveling without warmode before the change. I thought the point of playing with warmode was to level fast? No doubt the XP requirement increase is due to the fast pace in leveling with warmode on.

As if azerite wasn't already grindy enough. The only reasoning I can see for increasing it by up to 53% is to make it more of a initial grind.

*Players complain about Legion AP grinds

*Blizzard adds AP in BfA
    -Azerite gets nothing but negative feedback
    *Blizzard increases the AP needed near the end of the beta cycle.

I''m having difficulty understanding the logic in this. If you're getting negative feedback about AP grinding, where is the reasoning to suddenly make it 53% more grindy 1 month away from launch?

Despite negative feedback Blizzard expands upon an already repulsive idea by making it more repulsive

10+ Year Old Account
    Azerite is actually super easy and fast to grind on beta. Players would cap it in 2 or 3 weeks if they kept it the same and then be bored.

Deleted
    "content" .

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    sky is falling

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Azerite is actually super easy and fast to grind on beta. Players would cap it in 2 or 3 weeks if they kept it the same and then be bored.
    If players would be bored 2 weeks into the new expansion without AP, that says more about the quality of BFA than it does about the AP grind.

It's understandable why they nerfed the AP, previously it's TOO easy to soft cap and no longer care about it, which also meant that the content that's there to farm AP was no longer relevant.

The complaint that BfA looks like WoD2.0 is kinda legit, actually. Although there's plenty of activities in BfA, many become irrelevant too early because at certain point there's little to no incentive to do them. It's also much easier to hit your daily/weekly goals now.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-07-06 at 04:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Level speed was kind of ridiculous. Can only speak for Horde but you could easily get to 120 via 2/3 or the story quests...and thats if you strictly stuck to the story. I thought the speed was some sort of beta only setting TBH.

Azerite actually felt slow, buts thats only because its not hard to earn gear, which could also be due to it being beta. On that same note, I know people who flew through Azerite levels like they were nothing.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    It's understandable why they nerfed the AP grind, previously it's TOO easy to soft cap and no longer care about it, which also meant that the content that's there to farm AP was no longer relevant.
    If the only way to make content relevant and engaging is by adding a bar to fill up, then perhaps they should instead focus their energy on why that is the case and what they can do to make their content fun.

A) They always increase XP in beta before live.

B) You are ignoring the catchup mechanics that were never present in beta, 30% per week

C) They also lowered Azerite Trait levels along with this, a piece had 24 cost and now has 18

I mean, whatever on the AP grind. It's obvious padding.
    But the XP thing is weird. With the way story is designed now, you should just hit level cap by finishing the story.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    If the only way to make content relevant and engaging is by adding a bar to fill up, then perhaps they should instead focus their energy on why that is the case and what they can do to make their content fun.
    Subjective "fun" is kinda poor mechanism for player retention, for instance, an activity is fun for me only for the first few times, there must be something for me to get/gain/achieve, otherwise I'll stop doing it. Moreover, as I said, fun is subjective, what's fun for some people is a hot garbage for others.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-07-06 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zillbert View Post
    But the XP thing is weird. With the way story is designed now, you should just hit level cap by finishing the story.
    You were hitting it 2.5, or less, zones in doing just the story. It was too fast, and like I said, happens every beta.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2018-07-06 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zillbert View Post
    Right now you hit lvl cap by the end of the second zone, so you have to quest through your faction's 3rd zone at max level.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling nerf is totally justified and needed , Azerite nerf depends on levels needed by low level gear.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

they just want people to xp with tag on, YOU KNOW WHAT BLIZZARD, NEIN NEIN NEIN ;p

This happens every beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whining knows no limits on MMO-Champion!

1) They have done this nearly every beta for every expansion. XP rates are set generously to help people level up and test content in Alpha/Beta and then adjusted towards the end to something more realistic. They did the EXACT same thing in Legion's beta... and people whined about the huge anti-fun nerf then too (and promptly forgot about it obviously, as the same people are back whining again)

2) It's not a nerf when it was never live in the first place. Beta is a testing platform. They aren't nerfing anything when it's not something you've ever done before. Everyone is on the same even playing field when the game actually goes Live. It's like when they adjust numbers on new abilities... number tuning on beta is not the same as hotfixing in a nerf on Live to something people are already playing.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

XP wasn't nearly as good as everyone says to be honest. I did Drustvar and Stormsong full quests with bonus objectives and got to 118 then finished 120 with Trigarde which is a really small zone compared to the other two. I also did all the war campaign that was available at certain levels. Obviously the XP was more than enough to get 120 maybe even a level more but it might not be that comfortable with the 15% increase on all levels except 111. Also did all the quests I came across with which means side quests that are not part of the main quest line.

Also worth to mention that I had warmade off the entire time so no xp boost there and did 0 dungeons though (I wanted to specificaly test only questing since we all have to do them anyway to get friendly with the factions as soon as possible to unlock world quests).
    Last edited by Bryci; 2018-07-06 at 06:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Spoken like a true addict.

If you need a grind to keep you playing then the content itself isn't compelling.

Remember when we didn't have any of these moronic grind systems and people still played just to hunt gear? I do.

Azerite was destined to fail from the start.

A). Too easy to soft-cap. People won't play the stupid Islands because they're the best source.

B). Too hard to farm. People will get Azerite Armour loot drops and not be able to use them for weeks while they farm the required HoA level.

Pick one - they're both a fail.
    There isnt content in a single mmo that is compelling without a grind. Some have a good story, but that wont keep someone subscribed for long unless its gated, and then it might as well be a grind.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, Azerite as a system is trash, but there cant be an MMO without some kind of grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do people really not realize they lowered the ap/exp needed in beta on purpose for the sake of testing?