Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    yes, people stopped saying I was almost 30 (as they did the whole time I was 29 lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Yeah, I mean to each his own of course, but screw kids

I remember hearing on the radio that having a kid will cost you roughly 1.5 Tesla until they are 18 (in the Netherlands). Some people have 3, 4 or 5 kids
    Yeah but whos gonna look after you when you're old and cant think straight with god knows what health problems and your shitty retirement home is taking all the money you have left

kids are expensive but they also help look after you when you're close to death unless you treated them like shit

10+ Year Old Account
    I started going gray that about it. Only in the beard though... thats so odd lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Not like a light switch. I spent the last few years 27-30 emotionally preparing myself ansd by the time it happened I had already considered myself a 30 y/o. So now I've embraced it but 40 scares me quite a bit.

Yeah, I went to Basic fucking Military Training nine days later. That was a pretty big fucking change.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, things don't magically change when you turn 30 compared to when you were 29,9 years old.
    I'm 34 and don't feel much different from when I was 24. If anything then I feel better.

I'm 36 and I'm feeling better than I did for most of my 20s. And honestly, the women I date are the same age they were when I dated in my 20s :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    People calling you old but I don't think anything for me when I turned 30 yesterday, people just think I am old now. Do you think anything changes when you turn 30?
    don't know, still, have few years (3) till 30 but I think, something changes . It's a normal probably... I think everyone has a"fear" or "curiosity" about some turning age points in their lives... 18, 30, 50 and so on... The thing is you should feel older at 30, and about that age, you are going into the higher-ups, but if you don't feel like that, then youer 20 if ya want.

My dad said to me that I dress like a teen, just because I have a scarf on my hand ... so it's all perspective, for some you are an old hag, days numbered, ready for baby's, and for others you still have your full life in front of you. XD Only matters how you see it not others.

@Deruyter View Post
    "I only notice a real difference at 30 between people that do- and people that do not have kids.

Those that do are often tired, worn out and looking older than those that don't have them."

That too.

And what I gathered is this, people expect from you that you behave much more mature 30+, even when you are getting up to 30. Especially if you have contact with older people... probably speaking out of shitty experience in my family7work social life ... up stuck people even if they are not sooooo old... Like my father still does not understand like why would anyone up form 10 watch any kind of cartoon, or play games and so on...( not hear to talk about F-problems) But ya , don't people expect from you 30+ to be much more secure and sincere? Dress more appropriately, and other "adult" stuff?
    Last edited by mmoc1e09114525; 2018-07-06 at 12:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Well now I subside on a meal of two blood elves a day instead of three so my metabolism must be slowing down. @breadisfunny
    i subside on the tears of draenei and goat meat aka draenei.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Not really, I even got carded for booze after 30.

Now I am 41 with no gray hair, got to love them good genes.
    31 and i still get carded.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    People calling you old but I don't think anything for me when I turned 30 yesterday, people just think I am old now. Do you think anything changes when you turn 30?
    Happy birthday! I turned 30 in April and I can tell it's just more of the same on this side of the coin I got more responsibillities when I was 25 and not much changed since then really. Still got a house with morgage, still got a gf and doggy. I feel more fit, but that is because I started excercising more.

Actually, I enjoy life way more now. It has nothing to do with being 30, but everything to do with responsibillities, making your own (wrong) choices, having more knowledge (and the abillity to learn way more because of experience in life) etc.

So in short: Life gets better after 30. You are not a kid anymore, now you need to start doing the real thing!

Unless you lived a shitty lifestyle then nothing happens with you. If you eat poor, don't exercise etc then you might start having problems with weight/health etc.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    The hangovers got much worse. Thats about it really.
    Hangovers don't exist, it is called severe dehydration and can be countered 100% of the time if you drink a bit of salt water or eating something with high salt content and a couple glasses of water before bed and take an advil just to be safe, also sobering up before you sleep helps drastically.

Thirty? Not that I recall. Fifty is another story.

At 30 I was clearing our 4-acre property using axe, and splitting the woods with splitter and sledge hammer. I was doing this almost everyday after work and on the weekends.

At 55 I had to take 3 ibuprofens after trimming the oak trees in our backyard or building a small landscaping cribwall. Actually I have to take ibuprofens for just about anything physical now.

At 30 I had no problem staying up past midnight every single nights.

At 55 I am usually out by 9 - 10 pm.

At 30 I climbed a pine tree during a thunderstorm to fetch our cat.

At 55 I figured they can get up, they can get down by themselves.

Overall no, gets a bit weird referring to events in my teens and realising it was over 20 years ago though.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Hangovers don't exist, it is called severe dehydration and can be countered 100% of the time if you drink a bit of salt water or eating something with high salt content and a couple glasses of water before bed and take an advil just to be safe, also sobering up before you sleep helps drastically.
    Been debunked already. Dehydration is a contributor to but not the primary cause of hangovers.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/how-to...ngover-2017-3/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hangover

The only sure fire way for any person to not get a hangover is to not drink alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    This so so much, my back is a mess, I don't want to know how I will fell once I reach 40/50, my mentality change a lot, and i finally start to think about the future, tho in a way I'm afraid i start to think to late , going to collage is one of the things that are constant on my mind, something i didnt even think 3/4 years ago
    Honestly as a College Graduate who works in my Area of study, I can tell you it was a complete waste of time, Money and Energy. I graduated with a 3.7GPA and literally don't use anything i learned in college. It's just a massive money sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Dremmy View Post
    Overall no, gets a bit weird referring to events in my teens and realising it was over 20 years ago though.

Been debunked already. Dehydration is a contributor to but not the primary cause of hangovers.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/how-to...ngover-2017-3/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hangover

The only sure fire way for any person to not get a hangover is to not drink alcohol.
    Sober up before bed, eat some salty food, and drink some water, have an ibuprofen. Works every time and for everyone I have gotten to try it so meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Sober up before bed, eat some salty food, and drink some water, have an ibuprofen. Works every time and for everyone I have gotten to try it so meh.
    Personal experiences and all that; I know people that try the same things and still feel fucked in the morning. Be great if there was a one size fits all solution for hangovers but sadly not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Dremmy View Post
    Personal experiences and all that; I know people that try the same things and still feel fucked in the morning. Be great if there was a one size fits all solution for hangovers but sadly not the case.
    Ya, I agree it would be nice but that is the price of poisoning your liver I guess >_< lol
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2018-07-06 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Honestly as a College Graduate who works in my Area of study, I can tell you it was a complete waste of time, Money and Energy. I graduated with a 3.7GPA and literally don't use anything i learned in college. It's just a massive money sink.
    I keep hearing this story, while without a doubt I'm with you on this one, I can tell you without any hesitation that without a proper education (let be honest, even a monkey can finish high school) a lot of doors are close to you, while i dont espect a collage degree to give me a high pay job from the start im 100% sure that will open more doors for a better future then my current situation, collage here is cheap compare with USA so why not

The funny part is once you reach 30+ you will start to fell old etc, yet your parents and other older friends will still call you kid etc, you will still be kid in someone eyes

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    I heard if you turn 30 while being virgin you become a wizard.
    Can confirm. I now throw fireballs at the bears eating out of my dumpster.