Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You also can’t serve the king of one faction work against another and then say your neutral. She might pretend to be or be with the horde but she’s working for the king of the alliance against the horde that is in no way neutral.
    When did she pretend to be with the Horde exactly? Also I think you might have misunderstood what loyalty means, because being loyal to a single person does not entail being loyal to that persons faction. If Anduin dropped dead right this moment she would more than likely leave without a second thought, since Anduin does not yet have an heir of the Wrynn bloodline.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine Wren View Post
    When did she pretend to be with the Horde exactly? Also I think you might have misunderstood what loyalty means, because being loyal to a single person does not entail being loyal to that persons faction. If Anduin dropped dead right this moment she would more than likely leave without a second thought, since Anduin does not yet have an heir of the Wrynn bloodline.
    She’s a spy do you think she goes around waving an anduin flag when she’s in horde areas getting info?

Anduin also isn’t a random person he’s the leader of a huge part of the alliance and is having her directly work against the horde.

Deleted
    She’s a spy do you think she goes around waving an anduin flag when she’s in horde areas getting info?

Anduin also isn’t a random person he’s the leader of a huge part of the alliance and is having her directly work against the horde.
    In terms of her allegiance, her working against the Horde doesn't mean anything, neither does Anduin being the leader of the Alliance.

There's more the the world (of Warcraft) than just the Horde and Alliance, people aren't forced to be part of either one or the other, likewise just because someone works against one of them that does not mean that you are part of the other. Loyalty and allegiance have a very special meaning, it is to whom or what you serve, on the behalf of and take orders from.

The big difference between her being loyal to the Wrynn family and her being loyal to the Alliance is that she doesn't take orders from anyone but Anduin, she doesn't answer to anyone else within the Alliance, likewise if Anduin were to for whatever reason perish, she would no reason to stick around and would most likely leave. She's not an official member of the Alliance and neither has she sworn loyalty or allegiance to it. That does not mean that she serves the Horde, it means that her allegiances are her own.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Your definition of canon is wrong. Very wrong.
    What's your definition of canon?

None of the dictionary definitions for 'canon' apply as it is used with WoW.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/canon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    No, they’re just there because Blizzard doesn’t have the tech to put our alts there.
    I would have loved this, if this was something that could be done, I'd wait till I had the full roster at 110 with all transmogs in place before doing that quest turn in, just to create an epic cinematic.

Sadly this is currently impossible.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    Class hall stuff in general made a big ol' mess of player characters and their place in the canon.
    Indeed it did. Which leads me to the following question: what happens -canonically- with the Class Orders and their respective leaders in B4A? Do they just disband...?

Yeah, I think so. Of course as far as your character is concerned, they are the Archlord, but someone had to fulfil those other roles. Some suspension of disbelief is required if they want to make the PC a hero-the other guys in the order hall aren't the Archlord, the guys you raid with aren't the other archlords, so somebody had to fill that role.
    Although who knows, perhaps these characters are just the public face, while in secret someone else plays the role of Archlord.

Blizzard will either go one of two ways. Specific heroes with specific Artifacts being canon, or non-specific heroes (players) with no-named Artifacts. In other words, we never had Ashbringer. Just an Artifact.

The explanation that we're each in our own canon concerning what our PCs do is also really stupid for an MMORPG.

We should have been kept at the level of champions because good soldiers =/= commanders and leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    They are not. Liadrin isn't wielding Ashbringer in DK order hall quest, and Mograine doesn't have Apocalypse in Paladin corrupted Ashbringer scenario.
    yeah, liadrin specifically says the highlord is away from the cathedral during the attack, right?

so, definitely not canon.

If anyone's wondering about the full list of artifact wielders between the two ships, here's a list of the NPC, with weapons (and spec)

Priest - High Priestess Ishanah (Holy - T'uure, Beacon of the Naaru)
    Death Knight - Darion Mograine (Unholy - Apocalypse)
    Druid - Rensar Greathoof (Balance - Scythe of Elune)
    Monk - Iron-Body Ponshu (Mistweaver - Sheilun, Staff of the Mists)
    Demon Hunter - Kor'vas Bloodthorn (Havoc - Twinblades of the Deceiver)
    Mage - Archmage Vargoth (Arcane - Aluneth, Greatstaff of the Magna)
    Shaman - Rehgar Earthfury (Enhancement - Doomhammer)
    Rogue - Valeera Sanguinar (Assassination - the Kingslayers)
    Warlock - Ritssyn Flamescowl (Destruction - Scepter of Sargeras)
    Paladin - Lady Liadrin (Retribution - Ashbringer)
    Warrior - Eitrigg (Arms - Strom'kar the Warbreaker)
    Hunter - Halduron Brightwing (Marksman - Thas'dorah, Legacy of the Windrunners)

Honestly, the only spec that surprised me was Iron-Body Ponshu, whose name would have made me think he'd be using the tank artifact rather than the healing one for monks. For comparison, here's a list of the NPC's representing each order hall in the 7.2 in-game cinematic leading to the return to the Broken Shore:

Death Knight - Darion Mograine
    Mage - Meryl Felstorm
    Shaman - Farseer Nobundo
    Paladin - Gryan Stoutmantle
    Demon Hunter - Kor'vas Bloodthorn
    Warrior - Havi
    Priest - Alonsus Faol
    Rogue - Jorach Ravenholdt
    Druid - Rensar Greathoof
    Monk - Iron-Body Ponshu
    Hunter - Emmarel Shadewarden
    Warlock - Ritssyn Flamescowl

In another thread on the official WoW forums, someone had made the point that the 7.2 NPC's were more likely to be Order Hall leaders than the artifact wielders in the cinematic with Sargeras's sword. Looking between the lists, I think that's accurate (for some classes the two lists are the same, but where the two lists diverge, the 7.2 list makes more sense for leadership).

When Blizzard gets around to canonizing Legion in one of their Chronicles books, they can pretty easily make the 7.2 list into the various order hall leaders, with the exception of Mograine (Blizzard would have to either make a bigger effort to rewrite the official DK order hall history, or canonize a new DK character who would officially have done the actions the player did). Blizzard would certainly, I think, make the characters in the Sargeras's sword cinematic into official wielders of just those particular artifacts.

Honestly, I was pretty underwhelmed by the new cinematic. I feel like Blizzard should have just gone all the way with the artifact wielder NPC's and filled the ship with all 36 weapons (the player + the 35 other artifacts). I know that sounds crowded, but really, either ship has plenty of room on their top decks to fit 36 artifact wielders plus Magni. Or they could have divided the 36 weapons between both Horde and Alliance ships, and had both ships appear in the cinematic together. Oh well. It just seemed kind of underwhelming for like 6-7 characters to drain the Sword of Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    We'll have to wait for Chronicle Volume 5 probably, but I'd wager yes. Because Blizz can't let the players have any canon glory.

As for Liadrin and Quel'Delar, she probably goes back to using it now that the Ashbringer is depowered.
    The Scarab Lord, the heroes who became the Hands of A'dal, and the Council of the Black Harvest are all in-lore player characters.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Which is fine, except nobody at Activision works at Blizzard. They are just a distributor.

For clarity (you won't understand this); Pepsi is sold at Walmart and Walmart is a distributor for Pepsi -- Walmart doesn't make Pepsi.
    Hahahahahahahaha ooooh boy. Ok. You keep believing that. It's more like Coke hostile takeover Pepsi, gave them a list of cost saving changes that they have to obey turning the product into crap, slowly replaced everyone that worked there over time but still use the Pepsi logo even thought the product and its production are nothing like what it was before.
    Last edited by Zabatakis; 2018-07-06 at 09:30 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The Scarab Lord, the heroes who became the Hands of A'dal, and the Council of the Black Harvest are all in-lore player characters.
    They're also, with the exception of the Scarab Lore, groups of players.

It's like Onyxia. Official canon is she was slain by Varian Wrynn and a group of Adventurers/Soldiers.

Being THE weilder of the Ashbringer is never going to be canon for a player. It just won't. It's exactly what most people called foul on when Legion first launched, "you can't have 5 million weilders of the Ashbringers."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

You really can’t be neutral and be only loyal to the leader of a faction the two just don’t mix. She’s allaince though and though.
    Not through and through any more than a mercenary who is loyal to the wallet of his employer. Except her coin is love... or something? At least that is how I understand the story of her. Again, I could be wildly off since they retcon every new book.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabatakis View Post
    Not through and through any more than a mercenary who is loyal to the wallet of his employer. Except her coin is love... or something? At least that is how I understand the story of her. Again, I could be wildly off since they retcon every new book.
    They really haven’t retconed any thing with her she’s always been shown to be pro allaince now we just know 100% she’s working for the alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabatakis View Post
    Hahahahahahahaha ooooh boy. Ok. You keep believing that. It's more like Coke hostile takeover Pepsi, gave them a list of cost saving changes that they have to obey turning the product into crap, slowly replaced everyone that worked there over time but still use the Pepsi logo even thought the product and its production are nothing like what it was before.
    Somewhere in the bumhole of the world a city is missing all its tinfoil.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.