Poll: Would you play Classic if you unlocked unobtainable items?

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Would you play Classic More or Less if you could unlock Vanilla TMogs

So as the title suggests, would you be More or Less likely to play Classic if you knew you could unlock "Unobtainable" items for your Retail account?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I can think of maybe 3 items I'd want that's only available from Classic but it wouldn't be enough for me to play it if I could Tmog them.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

7+ Year Old Account
    totally, and the mounts

that actually one of the reasons i wanted classic, but i guess they will never allow that

5+ Year Old Account
    No. Besides, allowing cross-game xmogs would be one of the dumbest things Blizz could do with Classic. Let people play Classic out of desire or out of curiosity, not as an additional [current xpac] grind.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no, I would actually stop playing wow - gating so many stuff in a side game just to extend my /played would be lame af. Who the hell wants to play WoW: Downgraded to get transmogs?

"Oh it's optional" - EVERYTHING in the game is. It's a game. It's optionally lame.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah, but I'd feel less cheerful about having any of those.

Most such things should/are returned. Argent event armor might be nice for my Plate.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Fuck classic, I was there and it was terrible

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps, but most of the things I'm interested in is stuff from Naxx that didn't make it into the WotLK version...so may never even see that stuff considering how hard it was.

I certainly hope they don't do this.

Nah, Classic should be its own thing completely. Play it for the content nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    totally, and the mounts

that actually one of the reasons i wanted classic, but i guess they will never allow that
    I can't think of anything other than Black Qiraji Battle Tank that someone would want to get that's removed, and that is gonna be a hard one to get.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be more inclined to want to play if I knew I could unlock Naxx pieces that are unobtainable.

Maybe that'll be the carrot on a string that keeps people hooked on Classic
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Vanilla gear's texture quality is so poor compared to today's standard that I wouldn't waste 1 minute farming any tmog from vanilla.

Well of course, since that would finally make Classic useful for something. Otherwise it's just bathing in rotten fruit.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

I cant imagine the outcry from people who bought T3 from BMAH LOL

Some of the scholomance, stratholme... Yea, there's some transmog I'd love to unlock from classic. But I'm hoping they add it via trial of style and other stuff. No need to link it to classic servers.

Deleted
    I wanna say yes just because I'm so sad about all the cool stuff they took out over the years, but I started playing in tbc and classic should for the people that wanna play classic again really badly or just try it out.

It's just not about me getting unobtainable items.
    I would love to but I think It would be better to just add them back in retail if they felt like making those items/mounts obtainable again.
    Last edited by mmocd9c49027e6; 2018-07-07 at 08:19 AM.

No way they cross stuff like this over. It would give people a chance to finish off some mail or leather sets that were switched to plate or mail so that would be one thing for me and luckily able to be taken care of at a lower level. The tier gear however would take far too long and need way too much effort. It would be easier to just buy it off of the BMAH for a few million instead of making a character getting to 60 and putting in all the work to raid and get to and complete Naxx. Unless they gut the hell out of the place most of the people certain they will be raiding it are shit out of luck and even if you do get in there good luck getting the gear you want in a timely fashion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think a way to link a classic account with a retail account that lets you unlock mogs, pets, mounts and perhaps even profession recipes on the retail account (without affecting the classic one in any way) would be a gold mine for Blizz.
    A very short sighted one and a great way to skin their cash cow. You can milk a cow forever you can only skin it once. Once they jump the shark and start doing things like this it will be them tipping their hand that they are throwing in the towel and looking to cash out.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    I cant imagine the outcry from people who bought T3 from BMAH LOL
    It's not like you would just walk in there and steamroll that place..

10+ Year Old Account
    I will play classic because the game looks appealing and it's interesting to see pre cata changes that's it, rewards have no weight for which game is played.