Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Wow.

What a despicable person.

I'm glad she is out of a job now. I'm looking forward to the shitstorm any potential future job would get hiring her.

Quote Originally Posted by zdarr View Post
    i wasn't on about how ANet was or how long she's been there. My contemplation was about how this would this really might affect her next job.
    chances might not be so good now that more light is being shined upon her and your interactions with her audiance.

And my second thing was about how many corporations hav quotas to fill, While she has quite the exstensive back ground aswell as other qaulities their hiring policies might want to hav.

because she'll ether learn from this and try to be better, But since some people well still see these event as a negitive it well hurt her chances. Which is wrong that you cannot evole as a human being, without making mistakes. And constally getting something you've done and learnt form thrown into your face for years to come.

So it is my hope that she'll still stay in the indastrey, And not get hounded by people just wanting to start a shit storm.
    Considering she has been toxic in the past multiple times it's clear she didn't learn from it.

One mistake is fine. Consistently making them with toxicity like glorifying a persons death for example just makes you a horrid human being.

If she didn't want mud thrown her way she shouldn't have been a horrid person to begin with. Simple as that.

She is 100% at fault here. She was known for this type of behaviour. Arenanet were absolutely in the right and I imagine co-workers and higher ups were sick of having to deal with it. A lot of companies like Arenanet have clauses in contracts for things like this on social media. Hence why she was fired. I'd be surprised if they don't have the clause.

This is a case of you reap what you sow.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-07-07 at 09:17 AM.

"Personal" social media means nothing to large organizations especially if they think it can affect their image.

Lets look at me in the army right now. If I were to go on social media and say my First Sergeant ______ is a retarded jackass and should die in a car crash I will be facing at best the asschewing of a lifetime at worst any or all of: up to 45 days of extra duty (630AM-10pm workdays 7 days a week), forfeiture of one-half base pay per month for two months (which would absolutely cripple you financially in most cases), reduction in rank to E-1 (E-4 and below) this one is special because as stated can be COMBINED with the previous so if you thought the paycut was gonna destroy you the loss of money from E4 to E1 is disgusting.

We had someone not two weeks ago get an article 15 for something posted on social media talking about his leadership which means he got slapped with some or all of the things i listed above. Nothing is personal anymore you all need to start accepting that when you have jobs. If you dont want it to be seen dont use social media or actually lock that stuff down. Stop pretending like free speech means freedom to say whatever you want without consequence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Some random (probably on KiA) engaging in grandstanding and hyperbole? I'm shocked!
    This isn't KiA style and they would never let that kind of post fly, not with all the brigading rules around, the rules are more strict than mmoc, but that's not pushing your narrative, isn't it?

I double checked, it's not from us.

This is wonderful news, the biggest thing I hate in 2018 is that thanks to the left we get ultra sensitive people who can't handle any valid critisism or even other persons point of view. I'm happy that there are still game developers who stand up for professionalism and not this political garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Yatagarasu View Post
    This is wonderful news, the biggest thing I hate in 2018 is that thanks to the left we get ultra sensitive people who can't handle any valid critisism or even other persons point of view. I'm happy that there are still game developers who stand up for professionalism and not this political garbage.
    The person you are defending was the ultra sensitive person and Anet had ever fight to fire her.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Hahah this is good. I love current year social media woman retardness "I'm a wymn, any criticism of me is sexist".

They dont even notice that they are what they accuse others of.. sexist and racist. We need a new term for this kind of woman.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2018-07-07 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So we have established and are all in agreement that people can be removed from their jobs for saying things that the company doesn't agree with, correct?

Whether that be lashing out at customers or... say, making racist tweets and having your TV show revoked, right?

And we acknowledge that these things are NOT an infringement on free speech, right?

Good.

I think I'll refer to this thread whenever such positions need clarifying in the future.
    Yes, if you're very visible representing your company (your ties in your own bio), while in a conversation about something produced by that company you're working for and you send racist, sexist or unprovoked rude tweets, then a company has all the right to fire you.

It's a different case if someone dislikes your opinion on something totally work-unrelated and goes digging online to find your identity and your job so they can tattle-tale on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Wow...someone sure is salty over a few female characters existing in a game that isn't very factual. Can't handle a female character being able to do the same things a male can?
    Don't be stupid. This got nothing to with it. Ofcourse i know females can do shit as good or even better than men in many things. This has absolutely nothing to do with females vs men. This has to do with developers caving in, not standing up for themselves. And basically changing history to make everyone happy. Being way to afraid of upsetting anyone. Its the exact same thing in cod ww2. They had Black nazis. Again. I got nothing against black people. But black nazis in a game ? you got to be shitting me

10+ Year Old Account
    She sounds like a total bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    Eh...

Biting the hand that feeds is a very bad move to make. Glad to see action being taken against it.

2014 : "free speech doesn't mean freedom from social backlash goober gators!!!"

2018 : "waaaaaah why can't we insult and act like shit towards our customers without blowback. How dare they criticise us and talk to us!!!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Yatagarasu View Post
    All sides play the same game at this point. Rafters in eyes and all that. Lets not go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I think you're interpreting his words as respectful and hers as hostile to fit your narrative.

I see a sealion and someone getting pissed off with him.

Yeah, he sounds like a total asshole with no respect for her.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    I hear you, and I agree with almost everything you just said. I just don't like it.

If I were in her boss' shoes, I'd have fired her. For bringing her company into a publicity shitstorm.
    That's on the top three list of things you just don't do as an employee. She should have known this, and failed at that.

This woman was speaking as a PR representative for ArenaNet. That may not have been her job, but the moment she went on Reddit, her online presence got connected to that position. She became a de-factor PR representative for ArenaNet right there. And when her online persona then started irrationally shitting on people who followed her from reddit, she was still that PR representative. Despite saying that twitter was her personal sphere; she was still talking about the GW2 game.

That doesn't mean I'd sleep well that night. If I was in her boss' shoes that is. Because I'd have thrown one of my employees to a lynch mob. As a boss, you're supposed to protect your employees from that kind of shit. A better boss would ensure such protection would include PR training for any employee talking on behalf of the company. I suspect she never had anything like that. Or at least guidance from someone who had that. It would include detecting that person's political opinions were not compatible with the company profile. It would include cancelling that public appearance on behalf of the company. For that reason.

As such, this is her boss' failure as well. For letting said person speak for the company in the first place. It should never have happened; because of her quirks that would put the company into a bad light due to her online presence otherwise. If those two never were connected, she'd just be a twat at night, and a skilled storyteller at day. Two different lives. We could remember the latter with fondness, and still think the former was an asshole.

Even an asshole should have protections against a lynch mob.
    You DID read what som eothe rposters said right? That she has done this shit a few times and has lost at least one job trough this.

You DO get that they probably knew about this and then said it´s not worth the hassle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zdarr View Post
    i wasn't on about how ANet was or how long she's been there. My contemplation was about how this would this really might affect her next job.
    chances might not be so good now that more light is being shined upon her and your interactions with her audiance.

And my second thing was about how many corporations hav quotas to fill, While she has quite the exstensive back ground aswell as other qaulities their hiring policies might want to hav.

because she'll ether learn from this and try to be better, But since some people well still see these event as a negitive it well hurt her chances. Which is wrong that you cannot evole as a human being, without making mistakes. And constally getting something you've done and learnt form thrown into your face for years to come.

So it is my hope that she'll still stay in the indastrey, And not get hounded by people just wanting to start a shit storm.
    Sooo nobody should be responsible for their actions anymore i get it. Nice stance you have there.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    She started het own studio for vr games.
    Damn... I don't do anything with VR...

- - - Updated - - -

Wrekt.
    /10chars
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I just pointed out that the OP misrepresented the order of events.

Cue massive avalanche of vagina spasms from your side.
    I misrepresented nothing while you are satirizing yourself in your struggle to defend Price's bimbo eruptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    Honest question: Do you think that a co-worker, let's say your boss, who was photographed marching along side someone like, for instance, Richard Spencer should be fired? What if it was revealed they were a card carrying member of the KKK and their name got out and they posted things about it on their Twitter while also mentioning they worked at your company? Neither thing is technically illegal. Should they keep their jobs, in your opinion?
    yes, they should keep their jobs.

this firing people stuff is a way to thought-police people without using the government. it's mob rule, this is the way i'll always see it.

if you aren't committing a crime, you shouldn't be fired. simple as that, nothing will ever change my mind.

Think she's been causing more drama than just this in order to be fired this quickly. I have a feeling she's had it coming for a while and that's not to say that this wasn't enough to get her fired anyway.

There is also a huge different between having personal opinions and projecting these very opinions on the customers of the company you're working for. That is unacceptable by any viable business model.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-07-07 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    yes, they should keep their jobs.

this firing people stuff is a way to thought-police people without using the government. it's mob rule, this is the way i'll always see it.

if you aren't committing a crime, you shouldn't be fired. simple as that, nothing will ever change my mind.
    And it's more than likely she broke a clause in her contract so was fired with cause.

I doubt a big company like Arenanet don't have some form of a social media clause that states what you do reflects on them. Especially when the discussion involved was trying to be about the game before she derailed it.