Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Trumps personal driver of 25 years sues for unpaid overtime

More specifically, 3,300 hours of unpaid overtime over the past six years. He can't sue for the period before that because of the statue of limitations.

Just a reminder of how Trump repays the people who work for him. Not to mention the time his driver evidently had to give up his health insurance to secure a raise and that was only one of two raises he ever got in a 15 year period.

For the record, his driver, named Noel Cintron, is a registered Republican.
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2018-07-10 at 12:15 AM.

Deleted
    Why didn’t he quit and continued to work for Trump 25years?

Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    Maybe he didn't want angry tweets about him.

Anyway, Trump is a know swindler when it comes to his employees.

Highlight:
    He was induced to surrender his health insurance, saving Trump approximately $17,866 per year in premiums, according to the lawsuit.
    Lovely boss.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2018-07-10 at 12:19 AM.

a message none of his supporters give a shit about when because they're too busy attending one of his Nurembe- er I mean political rallies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Maybe he didn't want angry tweets about him.

Anyway, Trump is a know swindler when it comes to his employees.

Highlight:

Lovely boss.
    One of only two raises he ever got from Trump in a fifteen year period as I said in the OP.

No health care, no overtime, no pay raise, fired when boss makes it big. The Republican dream.

Anyone taking odds that Trump calls ICE and has him deported? "He said it name was Noel. That sounds like an MS-13 name to me."

He worked as long as 55 hours per week, but was paid a fixed salary of $62,700 in 2003, $68,000 in 2006, and $75,000 in 2010, according to the complaint.
    so he wasnt an hourly/wage worker he was salaried. how can a salaried employee sue for 'unpaid overtime'.and 75k to drive somebody around in a nice car. hell ill take that job.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Someone should tell this guy how salary pay works because you don't generally get paid hourly when your salary. Fucking moron. Case should get thrown out.

Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    Someone should tell this guy how salary pay works because you don't generally get paid hourly when your salary. Fucking moron. Case should get thrown out.
    That would depend on the state.

Why didn't Trump pay health insurance for 8 years?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

You are asking how not everyone has the same mental prowess and some can be convinced to do things not in their interests?

Quote Originally Posted by reliquit-salis View Post
    so he wasnt an hourly/wage worker he was salaried. how can a salaried employee sue for 'unpaid overtime'.and 75k to drive somebody around in a nice car. hell ill take that job.
    It varies by state, but being salaried doesn't necessarily mean you aren't entitled to overtime pay. Relevant to this case, New York is a state in which being salaried does not mean you don't get overtime pay:
    https://www.labor.ny.gov/legal/couns...-questions.pdf

The relevant bit is this sentence: "An overtime-eligible employee (paid a salary) who regularly works more than 40 hours per week, they are still entitled to overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours."

10+ Year Old Account
    please...please...

Being a paid a salary does not exempt you from overtime. The employer needs to make a case for exemption.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Why didn't Trump pay health insurance for 8 years?
    Were those years been 2008 and 2016?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I'm sure trump personally paid this guy every 2 weeks whatever, it wasnt some assistant or head of staff, I'm also sure he negotiated raises with this guy too.

Also 75k to drive someone around and sit there watching youtube vids or hell bring a laptop and game while he waits in between meetings is a job people would kill for

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Were those years been 2008 and 2016?
    I saw it ended in 2010 and figured he was still working for him currently. I shouldn't post while getting ready for a colonoscopy, I haven't eaten in over 24 hours.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    It varies by state, but being salaried doesn't necessarily mean you aren't entitled to overtime pay. Relevant to this case, New York is a state in which being salaried does not mean you don't get overtime pay:
    https://www.labor.ny.gov/legal/couns...-questions.pdf

The relevant bit is this sentence: "An overtime-eligible employee (paid a salary) who regularly works more than 40 hours per week, they are still entitled to overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours."
    interesting. i wonder when that was enacted and how far back this driver can claim. will also be interesting to see the claim of hours work versus the proof. from both sides.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Just a reminder of how Trump repays the people who work for him.
    he was probably an employee of a company that is owned by a company that is owned by a company that is owned by a company ... that is owned by trump. that how these megabusiness people have things structured for them. its doubtful mr trump knew or had anything to do with anything to do with this.

- - - Updated - - -

my guess. he didnt know about overtime law. i didnt. or maybe like most people he didnt want to rock the boat and risk losing job. or maybe hes making it up. who knows. maybe we will find out the answer to that question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Wait . . . you don't pay salaried workers overtime? The fact that you are on a salary does not mean you work as long as your employer wants, it means you work a certain amount of hours per week in regular shifts. Everything above that is overtime.
    No one ever accused Trump supporters of being particularly smart.

I wouldn't get out of bed for $75k.

...Uh maybe that's how it works where you are. But generally, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    If you are salaried worker you generally agree to work a set amount of hours for that salary. If you work more hours than you agreed to do so in your contract you get paid overtime.

Is it common practice to work for free in the US?

He has a really solid case in the state of NY, you're fucking clueless as always. Or you feign ignorance of the law to defend your precious Donald.