Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Affliction mortal coil cheese timing: If you stand at max mortal coil range and cast it once Karam says "useless" the timing will be right in my experience. If you're not exceedingly geared it may be of help to reapply your dot line right before Karam hits that 34% mark so he has a heavy dot load and dies to it shortly after.

What is Energizing Mist? Can't find it in my spellbook

As someone who still plans to do some challenges the next weekend I thank you for your effort.

I wouldn't go lonely winter for the Frost Mage challenge. You can use a pet move macro to move your pet onto the summoning circles so you don't have to stomp them yourself. Pet freeze is also procs on command for hands.

Like this (this video was the first week of release so you'll kill it much faster now, but should still apply)

You want to make a tight circle in phase 1, so you spawn the slow patches around the boss in a ring so the adds are always slowed once they start spawning.

Last edited by Nitros14; 2018-07-10 at 09:25 PM.

This is awesome - much appreciated!

Currently 25/36

One thing I might add onto the healing challenges, the last boss is stunnable, which means if you're having a hard time getting yourself to half health (or more) and not getting stomped to death right as soon as the bomb goes off, try stunning the guy (just before the bomb) to stagger it out a bit.

Also for the frost mage challenge, pop your cooldowns as Karem goes into purgatory for the first time and just go ham on Raest. Maybe put out a single frozen orb and a delayed blizzard to slow the adds down, but keep them up as much as you can for catching Karem (when he comes back) in an orb/double blizzard /frost finger storm, then just finish off Raest before Karem comes back out (for the second time) because mages are not mobile enough to effectively deal with all these extra mechanics.

For the destro challenge I have one piece of advice that nearly trivialized the encounter.

Take Grimoire of Supremacy but use the Infernal. You now have fear, mortal coil, and the infernal's stuns as interrupts. But also, the infernal will hold threat on tugar and in the event that one of the bursts goes off, it will kill your infernal instead of hitting you. What I did was let my infernal soak the first and die, then I used mortal coil, then infernal stun for the next two, by this time your infernal should have enough threat to be able to soak the next. Rinse and repeat, kill Tugar, worm is a pushover, easy game.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Knowing how to play the specialization isn't even required, just start the challenge, activate a Lightblood Elixir (more on that in a minute), and smash some buttons that you think might do damage
    I laughed SO hard at this, because that was my exact experience with Feral and Unholy XD

Very nice guide overall. I know I won't be able to do ALL of the challenges (cause I suck at healing) but I think I should be able to finish up a few more with some of these tips.

I did the outlaw challenge today, with a really badly geared character.

With an itemlevel of ~915, lots of assa gear (almost no haste at all, maybe like 12%), no tier set at all and only the craftable boots legendary and the argus legendary ring at hand, I found it very very easy to go with following talents:

3/2/3/3/3/2/1

With the increased energy regeneration and increased energy cap, I could basically keep up Blade Flurry for the entire encounter (and still have a lot of energy regen left for the rotation) and be basically be tunneling Agatha 24/7 while only kicking the imps (or killing them before they start) healing her.
    Took me 4 attempts to kill her, but that was because I didn't realise that I need to kick her, after she shields herself.

Excellent Guide. Its very well laid out and helpful.

I completed the unholy challenge at 903 and i found it quite difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiae View Post
    Affliction mortal coil cheese timing: If you stand at max mortal coil range and cast it once Karam says "useless" the timing will be right in my experience. If you're not exceedingly geared it may be of help to reapply your dot line right before Karam hits that 34% mark so he has a heavy dot load and dies to it shortly after.
    Could not get timing right, but thanks to this tip i just did affliction tower, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    It would be relatively impressive if you could complete a challenge in the time it takes to read that.
    Did my Vengence DH in 1min 3 sec with about 964 ilvl, so maybe if you're a slow reader!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Awesome guide! Too bad it'll be obsolete shortly... Don't see why Blizz can't just leave MT in with turned off rewards or offering something else, if that's the crux of the shtick.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I strongly recommend the talent build above and the use of a Tenacity pet such as a Bear or a Turtle.

[...]

your Spirit Beast will get completely destroyed by Fel Burst unlike a Tenacity pet.
    Um...wat?

Until pre-patch (when the mage tower is no longer available), pets can have their specs swapped any time you want out of combat. Any pet a hunter can tame can be tenacity right now. And even once pre-patch hits and you can't change pet specs anymore, Spirit Beast are going to be tenacity anyway!
    Even Angels must kill from time to time...

7+ Year Old Account
    Thank you so much for this guide. I am working on challenges for multiple alts still and this is a big help!

Hi. It worked for me. It encouraged me to do some of the easy ones. I did feral and disc today with 900 ilvl.

Hey, great guide, gonna be useful to me for some of the classes I have left!

Got some useful tips about Havoc, you can use meme beam build for this, it will work just fine, the build you put in guide was used back when nighthold tier was current, so I'd go in phase 1 like this: 3 3 1(if you want only to spam chaos strike, 2 is also viable) 1("oh, shit" talent in case you fuck up "arcane" phase, but be sure for it to be off cd so you can swap talents for p2) 2(you can cc his big nuke(not frostbolt, cant remember the name right now, be sure for it to be off cd so you can swap talents for p2) 2 (free chaos nova for the walls, also serves as an interrupt) and 3.

To not go long there, in arcane phase you can use VR and then fel rush while leaning forward during the double jump, you ll get insane momentum there and can cross an entire room w/o ever needing to use netherwalk.

p2 talents 3 3 row 3 all 3 are viable actually if you don't have gear, I personally would go with option 1, next either 1 or 3 if you can switch, 3, 1if you struggle with adds, so you can slow them, and last one is 3

For adds, just be sure to drop artifact ability and to have eye beam ready + nova, shouldn't have problems otherwise.

Always recruiting exceptional players! Visit http://www.klr-guild.eu/ for more info.

Fire mage does not have an ability "Dragon's Fury" - its called "Dragon's Breath". Just wanted to point it out.

What helped me is legendary robe, it absorbed 25% HP for 15 sec every blink. Don't see how its doable otherwise, unless you have crazy gear from mythics then i think you can honestly just burst it down.

Deleted
    Mostly checked talents, so not judging the whole guide, but CORRECT TALENTS are the most important for Mage Tower imo!

Stopped reading after i saw Destro (5 out of 7 talents wrong) no First Avenger and Knight Templar for Prot Pala, and no Demonic + Soul Rending for Havoc DH ;/

???????????????

Front Page (?!) No offense :P

PS: Don't hate plz, im a trihard 36/36 done months ago, used flasks/food/drums/prolonged on each try for each spec (so i am not trolling) </3
    Last edited by mmoc40d882f18d; 2018-07-11 at 03:43 AM.