Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    That and armor-class stacking is gonna be the go-to as well.

As if all-Druid raids weren't enough of a problem already...
    C'mon - all-druid raids aren't. Let's not give the entitled idiot-crowd as borderline examples as they use.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    ITs is the way its going to be. I am not sure why you think they have changed their stance on this. It is 100% going live. You sound like all the butt hurt Guild officers (loot council) that can no longer divvy up loot to themselves first.
    Honestly you sound like one of the horribly bad players who jump around between guilds every couple of months, have 30% raid attendance and grey logs who think they deserve all the loot in the world for being shit and feel always omitted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLogic View Post
    Congratulations Blizzard on making this happen, personal is the way to go, no more ninja looting, and trust me, people against personal loot are most likely proud ninja's, thinking its cool.
    im not a ninja and im againt PL being forced for guilds. cant distrubute items to who gaisn most out of it, can prioritize guy who has 1 or 3tier pieces over one with 2,cant give trinkets to one wher eits bis ove rminor upgrade for someone, pl is slower aswell with any trading you can do if you even can due being ealry in tier.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLogic View Post
    Congratulations Blizzard on making this happen, personal is the way to go, no more ninja looting, and trust me, people against personal loot are most likely proud ninja's, thinking its cool.
    Sure, I'll trust a burner account that's made 13 posts in 5 years passing its opinion off as undeniable fact.

I actually think blizzard did this to counter the insane amount of split farms top guilds did. Now it will be harder to funnel all the gear to a few specific members of the raid.

I dont see a problem with personal loot. If you cant trade the item to anyone else, well chances are its an upgrade for you. Atleast in ilvl..

I dont see many downsides to personal loot only.

Quote Originally Posted by fozian View Post
    I actually think blizzard did this to counter the insane amount of split farms top guilds did. Now it will be harder to funnel all the gear to a few specific members of the raid.

I dont see a problem with personal loot. If you cant trade the item to anyone else, well chances are its an upgrade for you. Atleast in ilvl..

I dont see many downsides to personal loot only.
    The downside is that Azerite gear is untradeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's untradeable, the going reasoning since blizzard won't speak on it, is because it literally LOCKS itself to person who looted it. Also a good chance they just used set piece coding for, so no, not really that unbelievable.
    It's called being souldbound. Been in the game since day one. They didn't mess up to coding. This is purely an attempt to stop/prevent loot drama and possibly stop split raiding. Has nothing to do with incompetency like you suggest.

- - - Updated - - -

Azerite gear is plentiful enough from my play time in beta. It will not really be an issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    This is purely an attempt to stop/prevent loot drama and possibly stop split raiding. Has nothing to do with incompetency like you suggest.
    Loot drama is an aspect of bad, stupid or abusive players in positions of any power over others. Be it in guilds or pugs. It's not an aspect of a loot distribution model people opt in/out to/from. There is a very simple proof for that - it exists since always and happened in PL, ML, LC, dkp ... always. Just avoid bad, stupid or abusive players - it's as simple as in RL.

I won't convince you personally, as your usage of the word "purely" means you are believing what you preach without any place for doubt, discussion or thought. Maybe other people choose to think instead of choosing to believe blindly though. There is hope for such people. Not for the believers who sometimes fall into the fanatic category, sadly.
    Last edited by mmoc806dd679c9; 2018-07-11 at 11:56 AM.

That's not a downside of PL, it has nothing to do with it. They work like legendaries, or bonus rolls, or plenty of other sources of loot that can't be traded or awarded by your ML.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shagunda View Post
    people who are in heroic/normal raiding GUILDS can leave and find a guild that uses personal loot. it's never a net positive change since this only affects guild environments. you can ALWAYS leave and find another guild. it's not rocket science.

mythic raiders matter just as much if not more than other players, as they represent a significant portion of streamers, they are being followed, people care about what they do and how they do it. this change is more horrible for mythic raiders than for others, but it's still shit for everyone else. right now it's a CHOICE. that choice is being taken away.
    Survey says...you're wrong. Lemme know how\when\where I can help you understand and then get over it. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    Survey says...you're wrong. Lemme know how\when\where I can help you understand and then get over it. <3
    Which survey is that? I guess one of these "I don't like being wrong so I make up "surveys"" so they might think I'm right", right?

They should just make it so if there is a guild majority in the raid group master loot becomes available.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They should just make it so if there is a guild majority in the raid group master loot becomes available.
    So exactly how it currently works. Yet people aren't happy cuz they "can't" leave a guild that doesn't give them loot (for whatever reason)

This discussion is missing a perspective from a heroic/low-mythic guild, which probably comprises 50%+ of the playerbase.

As someone from the above, what I find is that:

1. Mythic raiding is helluva fun.
    2. Attendance boss is the hardest boss.
    3. The barriers of entry is high.

Do you know whats the difference between a 2/11 guild and a 9/11 guild? Having 20 people show up week after week. Guilds at the lower end are more likely to face an attendance issue than a mechanics issue. Some of our guild's first kills are done with 19 people. Could I have scanned my Friends list and rope in some help? Sure, but that would blatantly oblige my friend(s) to come in and wipe for 2 hours for zero benefit whatsoever. They would do it too, but I don't feel good about it.

PL solves that issue. We can get fill-ins that contribute their time, and possibly get us the kill, and in return, they get equal chance at loot. That's fair, I'll be much more inclined to ask someone.

I won't say that's the reason why Blizz instituted the PL rule - I'm sure its more multi-dimensional than that. Whether intended or not, the change has a happy side effect for mid-sized, family guilds like ours. I also think it makes Mythic more accessible to the general playerbase, since you can have people participating at different levels without having to worry about DKP, ML or loot issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    Loot drama is an aspect of bad, stupid or abusive players in positions of any power over others. Be it in guilds or pugs. It's not an aspect of a loot distribution model people opt in/out to/from. There is a very simple proof for that - it exists since always and happened in PL, ML, LC, dkp ... always. Just avoid bad, stupid or abusive players - it's as simple as in RL.

I won't convince you personally, as your usage of the word "purely" means you are believing what you preach without any place for doubt, discussion or thought. Maybe other people choose to think instead of choosing to believe blindly though. There is hope for such people. Not for the believers who sometimes fall into the fanatic category, sadly.
    If there was only PL from day one I seriously doubt the stories of drama from Vanilla to today would exist. Yes, people are a big problem, but the distribution systems allowed to be a problem. I am not saying everyone should use PL, even if ML was around. I am not saying Blizzard is making the right choice. I think ML should be optional for groups that meet the guild group criteria of 80%. However, Blizzard made this choice. They feel it's what's best for the game. I was merely suggesting why they did it based on blue posts and interviews, and the long history of Blizzard changed targeted at top end raiders doing things for competitive advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheor View Post
    With ML I seen way too often officers funneling loot to themselves and their friends and I have horrible luck with personal loot so doesn't change much. Will be nice to never see ninja looters in pugs ever again though atleast.
    Enforced Personal Loot isn't going to change this much... Some guilds will require personal loot be traded (but at least, the 'owner' has to have a better piece already), and many guilds have cliques, which will favor those extra pieces to their friends, so things will end up about the same...

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    If there was only PL from day one I seriously doubt the stories of drama from Vanilla to today would exist. Yes, people are a big problem, but the distribution systems allowed to be a problem. I am not saying everyone should use PL, even if ML was around. I am not saying Blizzard is making the right choice. I think ML should be optional for groups that meet the guild group criteria of 80%. However, Blizzard made this choice. They feel it's what's best for the game. I was merely suggesting why they did it based on blue posts and interviews, and the long history of Blizzard changed targeted at top end raiders doing things for competitive advantages.
    Using vanilla as argument is literaly dumbest thing people can use. Vanilla was ultra casual gamę for its times. Imagine progressing in mythic and loosing xp for each wipe and then relevel after RAID night. Or loosing half eaiipement when random Joe kills you out in the world . Since those were and many other old time systems which Blizzard deliberately ignored on 2004 like nie they are ignroing ML and pursuing PL

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Which survey is that? I guess one of these "I don't like being wrong so I make up "surveys"" so they might think I'm right", right?
    Family feud bruh. google it.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    Family feud bruh. google it.
    So no survey, not even a bogus one. If you actually had one you'd gladly provide the source.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Any reasonable guild will distribute loot to improve the raidteam by giving items to people who get the most out of them.
    If they're not doing it and your guild is actually screwing you over, it will hurt your progression and you're stuck being a low tier mythic guild or worse. Just leave the guild is the easy answer.

If you just care for your loot rather than begrudge it to someone in your raid/guild so you can kill bosses faster, you're the issue and you should stick to pugging.