Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Literally whats the point of warfronts?

Nobody i know likes it. Any streamer i watched hated it. It seems tedious, and the 2 "matches" i played of it where sheer boredom and also quite tilting.

Who came up with this? Why are we not fighting alliance players?

They banked on the feature of the expansion being AI and that failed to be interesting. To be honest, doing AI in the way that is interesting to play against (or with) is difficult, but that's why that shouldn't have been their only kind of maybe promising thing to do in BFA, they should have had two-three other promising new things in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Nobody i know likes it. Any streamer i watched hated it. It seems tedious, and the 2 "matches" i played of it where sheer boredom and also quite tilting.

It is like pet battles. I don't know anyone who likes them it seems pretty tedious and boring. But I know that some people like it, so that's just fine. Not everything in this game is for everyone. Don't play them if you don't like them. I think it's a neat nod to the old RTS games. Maybe there are systems under the hood of Warfronts they are testing out that will be implemented into other things in a later expansion/patch.

I like them. I wish there was more impact on zone control like with WG and that there would be a POvP Warfront mode like with Island Expeditions.

Nothing, Afk and win.

O wow you mean scenarios the content so boring in the expansion they were intoduced in they had to bribe people into them didn't get magically more fun a few years later?

Who could of seen that?

It's a filler exp. What ya expect? Effort? Cmon now... It's Blizzard.
    I cannot divest myself of my faith in my Volk.

Throw in some transmogs and probable mounts and people will do it regardless... players are a bunch of vane masochists...

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Throw in some transmogs and probable mounts and people will do it regardless... players are a bunch of vane masochists...
    And an achievement: "Win 1000 warfronts". Or 5000.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    This is just something I never understood. The, have to complete everything even though I hate doing certain things in the game, guys. There is so much shit I don't enjoy in WoW. I just don't participate in those activities.

The whole point of it is NOT being pvp. We have enough BGs, why add more?
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2018-07-11 at 12:12 PM.

Doing the Warfront is to bring Alliance/Horde control to Arathi Highlands. Which turns the actually zone into a lvl 120 version. With rares to kill with mounts, pets, gear, and a world boss.

Do research before you shitpost.

How are you not fighting alliance players? Queue for a BG?

This is a bad feature, i'll grant you that, but what does one thing have to do with another?

They are PvE battlegrounds that gate access to world bosses and world content. They are going to almost instantly be a drag for most, because they're essentially not-as-good versions of previous content. I have tested them a little bit, and never once felt a feeling other then slight dread. I'm fairly excited for BfA, just not warfronts. They aren't worthy of flagship feature status. The best thing about then IMO is the Arathi Highlands update.

Automated Wintergrasp in PvE mode.

Blizz prob wanted to avoid letting one faction control WBs and other content for weeks/months, which was a serious issue in WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    How are you not fighting alliance players? Queue for a BG?

This is a bad feature, i'll grant you that, but what does one thing have to do with another?
    It's fighting alliance forces, so it sounds like it should be a PvP thing. I'm not convinced that would make it interesting though.

Deleted

They are a great source for RP Gear. Are they hard to play? Hopefully not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Not a clue, they're not interesting and I'm not sure there's anything they can do to make them interesting.

The zone updates are very pretty though.

If they make me more powerful then I am all in!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    Automated Wintergrasp in PvE mode.

Blizz prob wanted to avoid letting one faction control WBs and other content for weeks/months, which was a serious issue in WotLK.
    Yeah that was the main hassle with WoTLK when it came to the getting access to the Vault of Archavon raid instance.. And later on in Cataclysm with the Baradin Hold raid instance, if one did not PVP you had to hope your faction would win the area which was a major hassle of those servers that were heavily biased to one or the other faction..

Did warfront on beta and it was really boring, on live I can imagine 90% will afk there just like ppl do "doing" world quests.