Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Blizzard themselves created a meta where the only way to kill someone was to blow every DPS CD you have and shit on their face.

Then they tried to fix it by adding a GCD to everything.

#prune #smallindiecompany

- - - Updated - - -

The system is dead on arrival.

No idea how they fix it in 8.1.
    Complains about people not cc'ing. Doesn't cc the paladin more than once (or twice if someone on your team is drooling too hard to dispell HoF).

Quote Originally Posted by Phatte View Post
    Its a whole new system and ultimately it will take longer to get all the rewards and get to max (live prestige 25, BFA lvl 500?) If you already earned a reward you still get to keep it when the change happens, but youll go a little while without getting anything new
    Ah ok thanks. I was still confused about the artifact appearance, so just checked across four characters on live and BFA, and found that any character with at least Prestige level 1 on live will have the first artifact appearance unlocked in BFA. Presumably because of the The Victor's Spoils quest which only unlocks once you've hit Plvl1.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    The plus side is every character feeds into it so you are no longer basically locked into picking your PVP character and then never switching for the expansion. At low levels if you are like me and derped around on a bunch of characters before picking one it actually works out a bit better reward wise but in the middle range it seems to take a bit longer to get to the reward levels and this system is a lot easier to just keep expanding level wise.
    Yup I agree with you completely. I have never stuck with 1 char for the length of an entire expansion, especially for PVP. So now I can hop around and mix it up. Some days I love healing other days I just love making people rage with my aff lock.
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    i do hope it is not weekly gated for full pre patch-content to be available. if it releases the 17th/18th, i got a week to do all the stuff before i go on vacation and i'll be back right before the release.

this means that if it's gated, i won't be able to do all the things
    Its gated. Teldrassil is split into 2 parts (1 per week) and Lordaeron is 1 week before BfA if u have the pre order. There will be a week of nothing between Teldrassil and Lordaeron.

By the way, I will say that they did two good things regarding prestige / honor:

* made prestige levels account-wide allowing this to be a lifetime endeavour spanning multiple expansions and freeing you to play on any character you want instead of tying you hardly to what you bumped the highest - this is good because yeah, balance, preferences and circumstances all change, and

* indicated that they will slow down with adding rewards so that if you want to have them all, you can catch up, they won't outpace you - this is also good.

There are several things they could have done better - like putting battle pet rewards this high? what's up with that? whoever is collecting pets and is not that much into PVP will now either have to live with one more hole in their collection or spend tons of time doing the thing he doesn't like doing, it would be much better to have highest rewards be just titles / feats of strength / unique transmog (or, say, access to character customizations or things like crowds cheering for you and throwing you flowers that only work in PVP settings like arenas). But all in all, they did more good than bad here.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Then again, apparently legacy instances got buffed I heard? Ah well, the inevitable shitstorm will make them revert it like they did in 7.3.5.
    They weren't buffed intentionally, it's the usual stupidity from the squish. They will fix it eventually, and ToT specifically you should be able to do from the beginning (aside from Ra-den, I think), but for some other raids you will have to wait for the fixes.

7+ Year Old Account
    something odd happened to me when i tried old raids with the token who you use to get the itens

apparently i can't use the itens of my class, but i can redeem the itens from other classes, can someone check out to see if its is working and im just dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Add all your honor levels from your different toons on live together.
    That is your level in BFA.
    there is no 2=10.
    You don't add honor levels.

you add honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Its gated. Teldrassil is split into 2 parts (1 per week) and Lordaeron is 1 week before BfA if u have the pre order. There will be a week of nothing between Teldrassil and Lordaeron.
    Well there will be world quests from the teldrassil stuff so its basically a week to get anything you want from those.

- - - Updated - - -

One other nice thing with the change is once the honor stuff goes account wide every character should get their pvp unlock appearances that is gated by prestige level 2 if they have anybody high enough to trip that off. Or if you don't have it yet once you get high enough to trip it off it should unlock for all of your characters so you don't have to grind it out on each and every one.

Looks like concordance is going up two ranks a day now. It went up two ranks yesterday after the reset, and when I just logged on it went up two ranks again. Possible we just reach to concordance rank 100 just before pre-patch? Or do you think blizz would give us all a weak of max concordance and then release the pre-patch on the 24th?

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Looks like concordance is going up two ranks a day now. It went up two ranks yesterday after the reset, and when I just logged on it went up two ranks again. Possible we just reach to concordance rank 100 just before pre-patch? Or do you think blizz would give us all a weak of max concordance and then release the pre-patch on the 24th?
    I still don't quite get why our artefacts become inert tbh, currently their power goes up and up, that would usually mean they go boom once they can no longer contain it. Something is missing here imho .

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I still don't quite get why our artefacts become inert tbh, currently their power goes up and up, that would usually mean they go boom once they can no longer contain it. Something is missing here imho .
    Think of it like a circuit that gets too much voltage and spurts out. The circuit is still there just fried, it didn't explode. That's how I see it anyway.

Also I believe pre-patch will definitely be July 17th.

A lot of the bigger WoW streamers are pretty much doing/planning events around the 17th specifically. And honestly I'm pretty sure they have heads up on when things are going to go down, cuz obviously more free advertising for Blizzard.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Think of it like a circuit that gets too much voltage and spurts out. The circuit is still there just fried, it didn't explode. That's how I see it anyway.

A lot of the bigger WoW streamers are pretty much doing/planning events around the 17th specifically. And honestly I'm pretty sure they have heads up on when things are going to go down, cuz obviously more free advertising for Blizzard.
    Yeah, I agree about the circuit thing. I think there should be a period where we get a debuff called 'Power Overwhelming' where our weapon has an uncontrollable burst of energy that knocks us down and damages us a little bit. It could happen at any time!

Deleted

Why don't Blizz confirm a date, like they've confirmed the launch date?

I think a lot of people would like to know from a planning perspective, especially those still trying to beat the Mage Tower.

There are good reasons to tell us already. They could be trying to boost suspense but I think that would be misplaced.

The more legitimate reason is that they haven't got the pre-patch in the shape they want yet and they don't want to tell us until they are 99.9% certain they will hit that date.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I wonder how difficult it is going to be to, say, do world quests on Argus after all artifact traits get disabled. Not that I want to do all that many world quests on Argus and perhaps they will still be doable, but I still wonder because they might not.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    If this is the case then it really does look like the 17th will be the day, it fits with the PvP end of season warning. Kind of wish they would announce the actual day like they did for Legion, if only to save me from wasting time gearing alts that won't get tower-prepped before the 17th.

Quote Originally Posted by ct67 View Post
    Why don't Blizz confirm a date, like they've confirmed the launch date?

I think a lot of people would like to know from a planning perspective, especially those still trying to beat the Mage Tower.

There are good reasons to tell us already. They could be trying to boost suspense but I think that would be misplaced.
    Perhaps they didn't confirm the date yet because they are keeping it open trying to account for unforeseen circumstances (mainly show-stopper bugs that players are going to encounter en-masse). This has to end somewhere - if releasing on 17th looks fine, then it will perhaps end today / tomorrow / the day after tomorrow - and they will say that the patch is coming on the 17th. Every day they don't say anything increases the likelihood that something went wrong and it's going to be 24th (or later, but that's already almost unthinkable).

You circuit only goes "spurt" because it has comparatively little energy involved there or for the local system it was already a catastrophic failure for it's scale. Believe me when I say the equivalent of our artefacts would make an audible sound .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I wonder how difficult it is going to be to, say, do world quests on Argus after all artifact traits get disabled. Not that I want to do all that many world quests on Argus and perhaps they will still be doable, but I still wonder because they might not.
    I will only do the fucking scenarios with all my characters when they are available so that I have to never do that rubbish again or be reminded of it. I already can't stand the battle for lordaeron one anymore..

By the way, I love how wowhead folks try to su^Hplease Blizzard overlords as best as they can, and throw a shiny article named "All the Artifact Traits Returning in Battle for Azeroth" trying to convey the message that this isn't a big prune, merely a reshuffle.

Then we go into the article and see that the sum total of carried over things is miniscule.

Example entry for Guardian:

* Skysec's Hold effect was improved and became the new effect for Frenzied Regeneration.

That's all. That's the entire entry. That's the extent of the replacement for tens of traits and like ten legendaries. And that's without other things they managed to take away (of which oh yeah, they did, we are talking full abilities and other stuff).

These wowhead guys will do anything.
    Last edited by rda; 2018-07-11 at 04:25 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Perhaps they didn't confirm the date yet because they are keeping it open trying to account for unforeseen circumstances (mainly show-stopper bugs that players are going to encounter en-masse). This has to end somewhere - if releasing on 17th looks fine, then it will perhaps end today / tomorrow / the day after tomorrow - and they will say that the patch is coming on the 17th. Every day they don't say anything increases the likelihood that something went wrong and it's going to be 24th (or later, but that's already almost unthinkable).
    Pretty much this. Also remember it's the first time they've had little downtime between the last patch of the current expansion and the first patch for the new expansion.

Prettyyyyyy sure it will come 17th but not having it confirmed yet means they need the extra week to focus work on the pre-patch build and thus coming out 24th at absolute latest.

Besides it's Wednesday mah dudes (in the US) they could have an announcement about pre-patch next week today, if it worked out that way!

I personally just hate this dry spell we have right now, I want more news! I loved coming to this thread, wowhead, mmo-c front page, reddit, etc to see "what's the new news for today?"

Gotta tide myself over until expansion hits!