Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Campaigners already ignore most of the country- you know, the ones that aren’t considered swing states
    The difference is that when a state isn't a swing-state it's because the people there are more confident in which candidate will represent their interests. With just popular vote, NO candidate would need to take their interests into consideration.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Yes, the reality where Trump and the Republicans are pushing our allies away and alternating between sucking up to and and poking our enemies while basically trying to be a BFF with Russia and destroying this nations reputation internationally.

The reality that Trump is starting trade wars left and right that the US can't win waging them all at once including with our allies and Canada whom, to my knowledge, we even had a trade surplus with to further push us allies away and making it easier for our enemies to get a stronger foothold internationally while ours get weaker.

The reality that Trump and the Republicans passed tax cuts that benefit primarily the rich while barely do anything at all temporarily for the poor and middle class and after it expires the taxes on the poor and middle class actually goes up while the rich keep theres.

The reality that Trump and Co are trying to cut the same safety net for the poor and middle class by cutting Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Food Stamps, and trying to remove the ACA and take healthcare from them. Sure they claim to replace the ACA with better but everything they put forward was worse to nothing at all and since they failed to remove the ACA, they are instead trying to gut it piece by piece.

The reality that Trump and Co are attacking American jobs with these tariffs and when they backfire.

The reality that Trump and Co are selling out this nation, its working class, its poor, and its children racking it up with massive amounts of debt due to the tax cuts combined with the fact that they are trying to throw more money at the military than they are even trying to cut from every other program so they can't even claim savings leaving the next generation even further in debt.

The reality that Trump and Co are also trying to dismantle every program they can to make it even harder to restore and fix anything with all the damage they have done.

The reality that the Republican false prophet Trump is leading his flock and their families into damnation, if there is such a thing, as they follow him like Jesus even as he marches them into hell while acting like an anti-Christ because they blindly follow anything they are told because they refuse to question anything, not the blatant lies, not the obvious contradictions, or any of it.

Sad reality. Hope a blue wave comes because otherwise, this nation might be facing a recession or potentially something worse than even the great depression given how this administration is working and will take generations to dig ourselves out of if we ever can and leaving a huge mess for their children and grand children which is made worse by the fact that the average voter who caused this is over 50 years old and won't live long enough to even see the true consequences of their actions and even now are greatly insulated from them due to a system that has protected at them at the expense of their children.

Enjoy reality, too bad most republicans will never see it for what it is and will instead blame liberals, democrats, progressives, illegals, or the devil screwing with their stuff rather than actually looking critically at any of it.
    I really tried to read this but it's long and I am sure dreadfully full of hate speech like all liberals who have to post Trump within the first 5 words to appease his circle jerk friends here at the huffington post 2.0. I am sure I can sum it up for the tldr crowd. You hate Trump and all Republicans, you think anyone could do a better job and you are mad that Hillary lost the election but got more votes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    It just might hurt when you realize how disliked Trump is without a terrible opponent like Clinton to prop him up.
    Hurt who? I am a sane person who realizes that the President can do stuff but can not do a lot of stuff. You guys over blow what you think Trump can do. Look how Obama did nothing about your fake immigration crisis that started under him, and when asked about it, he said there was only so much you can do because, you know, laws.

I like how you think everyone dislikes Trump. I mean the media and your comedians and Hollywood idiots say it, so it must be true. The problem you guys have is that you need a good candidate, and I heard Avenneti thinks he is one of the few people who can beat Trump, I think you guys should go for him. Everyone on this board loves him. Or you know, throw that little Kennedy out there, the one who tries to speak Spanish and sounds dreadful. Yeah I am quaking at the list of people you got coming up. I really want you to throw Booker or Warren at him too.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    I really tried to read this but it's long and I am sure dreadfully full of hate speech
    Why fucking bother replying if the only thing you're going to say is that you refuse to read what you're replying to?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Why fucking bother replying if the only thing you're going to say is that you refuse to read what you're replying to?
    Because I did try to read it, I just couldn't get past Trump. I'll tell ya what sensitive cupcake, If you can tell me that everything he wrote was actual FACTS and not just his opinion on why he hates Trump and Republicans, I will read the entire thing and post an apology.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    The difference is that when a state isn't a swing-state it's because the people there are more confident in which candidate will represent their interests. With just popular vote, NO candidate would need to take their interests into consideration.
    Sure they would: the fear of a NY-Cali/Urban Hegemony is mathematically nonsensical. For starters, cities and states are not hive minds- Clinton’s highest vote percentage (outside of DC) was just over 62% in Hawaii. The large predominantly Democratic states have significant rural and conservative populations. If you add up the blue voters in NY and Cali, you get less than 10% of the electorate: hardly a winning coalition. A candidate would have to visit plenty of states with varying interests to garner enough votes, maybe more so under a popular vote than the current “swing-state-a-thon.” Wyoming and the Dakotas will still be nearly irrelevant to campaigning- there’s not really much that can be done about that

Interestingly, and perhaps tellingly, the posters that seem most concerned about the rural minority having the urban majority’s values thrust upon it never seem to either justify or even show any concern for the reverse being true
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Do you even read what you type? With the popular vote every vote counts. With the current system a Republican vote in Cali or a Democratic vote in Montana basically means fuck all. Now they're all up for grabs. Why is it so fucking wrong that places with more people get extra attention? Should I ignore the fact my leg was crushed because you're obsessed that I have a splinter?

Your statements about swing states is literally forum diarrhea meaning nothing. There's still millions of people in those swing states. Why do you not give a shit about the Millions of people in non-swing states and for some perverse reason justify ignoring their needs in favor of swing state residents?
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Because I did try to read it, I just couldn't get past Trump.
    So... Five words in. Wow. That's some real effort you put in there. Did your brain break a sweat from that sort of strenuous mental exertion?

I'll tell ya what sensitive cupcake, If you can tell me that everything he wrote was actual FACTS and not just his opinion on why he hates Trump and Republicans, I will read the entire thing and post an apology.
    Everything he wrote was actual facts. I expect evidence that you've actually read it and not simply claimed such while dismissing it out of hand, of course.

Hurt who?
    I take back hurt. Replace it with "shocked." You can go on all you like about irrational Trump hatred if you like; I don't care. But you should realize that mob of 'crazy irrational Trump-hating lefties' that marched the day after his inauguration was the largest protest in US history. And there have been multiple other historically large (but not nearly as large) protests since he's been in office. Rational or not (I think most of it is rational, if at time unfocused), these activated 'haters' can all go out and vote. And given the near-universal of Democratic over-performance in elections after November of 2016, many of them are. Don't make the same mistake Dems did in 2010. (Actually, go ahead and do that)

I am a sane person who realizes that the President can do stuff but can not do a lot of stuff. You guys over blow what you think Trump can do.
    For me, the best part about the Trump administration has been the dumpster fire that is his legislative agenda. Congress has been so god-awfully ineffective, and Trump has been just dismal at leading the GoP majority in both houses in getting bills to his desk. Immigration has tanked- multiple times- and instead of helping lead the conference in getting a compromise amongst the GoP ranks (and with Dems), he's personally tanked potential actions on immigration. Healthcare was a dramatic failure- Trump being utterly unhelpful because he knows nothing about healthcare policy (but I can't put it all on him, because neither do the rest of the Republicans in Congress). They struggled to just get a farm bill through, and the budgets have been a comical mess (that Trump whined and signed). The only major thing that got passed was the tax cut bill- and that wasn't because of Trump's leadership, it was because major GoP donors said "give me my fucking money or I close the piggy bank."

Most of what Trump has done can be undone fairly easily (though relationships with allies will take some time to recover I'd imagine). Obviously the biggest mark he will leave (other than his daily vomitings on Twitter) will be the SCOTUS- and that's not unique to him; any other GoP president would've done basically the same as him.

I like how you think everyone dislikes Trump. I mean the media and your comedians and Hollywood idiots say it, so it must be true.
    I don't think everybody dislikes him: but according to nearly every poll taken after the first month of his administration, more people dislike him than like him. And I don't care what Hollywood idiots say

The problem you guys have is that you need a good candidate, and I heard Avenneti thinks he is one of the few people who can beat Trump, I think you guys should go for him. Everyone on this board loves him. Or you know, throw that little Kennedy out there, the one who tries to speak Spanish and sounds dreadful. Yeah I am quaking at the list of people you got coming up. I really want you to throw Booker or Warren at him too.
    I actually am worried about what candidate the Dems end up with in 2020; the party does have a spectacular ability to pull a defeat from the jaws of victory. That said, whomever gets the nod in 2020 will have a couple things going for them over Clinton in 2016:
    1) Trump won't get to run as the outsider anymore. The bill will come due and he'll have to run on his record, which will be fine for his most fervent devotees, but much less so for many independent and swing voters
    2) The Democratic nominee (probably) won't have decades of baggage, scandal, and smear campaigns against them. It took a LONG time to make Hillary as uniquely polarizing as she was, and that won't be the case for the next candidate
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Well let them win, what your going to have is nothing at all happening, Trump will veto anything he doesn't like, and without the republican's to support it you can't get a required 2/3rd vote to by pass the veto, so good luck, if blue wins they will be the biggest do nothing party ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by candle86 View Post
    Well let them win, what your going to have is nothing at all happening, Trump will veto anything he doesn't like, and without the republican's to support it you can't get a required 2/3rd vote to by pass the veto, so good luck, if blue wins they will be the biggest do nothing party ever.
    Strange... if Trump is blocking their bills, how are they doing nothing? Wouldn’t that let democrats pass anything they like to Trump, then use the veto Trump uses, to show what his actual policy is?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

No, with a popular vote candidates will have to take into account the interests of all of their constituents equally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehshocka View Post
    Tax revenue up 9%, plan paying for itself per CBO.

What you say is opinion and not fact. The US Constitution has an amendment process if you’d rather change it. It’s been done a few times.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m pro second amendment.

- - - Updated - - -

Name one Justice or nominee that has used religion in a decision or dissent.

I’ll wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Talk to Joe Biden and Harry Reid first and get back to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Read above.
    Which Supreme Court nominee did they block? Typical feauxservative, can’t take responsibility for your own actions. Did mommy coddle you too much?

Theoretically, in the small chance that both kavanaugh’s confirmation is delayed and the democrats take the senate, you would be ok with not granting a hearing on him for 2 years?
    Last edited by Noxx79; 2018-07-12 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Which Supreme Court nominee did they block? Typical conservative, can’t take responsibility for your own actions. Did mommy coddle you too much?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.416e65f23369

You baws did it first.

- - - Updated - - -

Why the insult at the end? You show your young age if you can't hold a reasonable conversation without verbal assault.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because I did try to read it, I just couldn't get past Trump. I'll tell ya what sensitive cupcake, If you can tell me that everything he wrote was actual FACTS and not just his opinion on why he hates Trump and Republicans, I will read the entire thing and post an apology.
    5 words in and you got triggered and had to stop. Who’s the sensitive cupcake?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.416e65f23369

You baws did it first.

- - - Updated - - -

Why the insult at the end? You show your young age if you can't hold a reasonable conversation without verbal assault.
    Which Supreme Court candidate did they block?

I’m just talking down to your level. Your entire argument is I know you are but what am I. Please come back when you have a real argument.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m just talking down to your level. Your entire argument is I know you are but what am I. Psi come back when you have a real argument.
    Again why are you insulting someone online that you don't even know?

Have you even begin to think that possibly quite a few people don't agree with your position?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I’m just talking down to your level. Your entire argument is I know you are but what am I. Please come back when you have a real argument.
    My level is a degreed Engineer from a top tier school in the US. No need to be obtuse or beligerent. If you want to have a conversation lets have one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because doing it offline often results in punchings?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

There was not a nomination but a motion to just leave the court position vacant. Which is in effect the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Because doing it offline often results in punchings?
    Fair enough lol.

7+ Year Old Account

Have you even begin to think that possibly quite a few people don't agree with your position?

- - - Updated - - -

My level is a degreed Engineer from a top tier school in the US. No need to be obtuse or beligerent. If you want to have a conversation lets have one.
    I met a lot of engineers who have no argument skills.

Which Supreme Court nominee did the democrats block?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...t-nominations/

So nobody was blocked, and McConnell refused even after the election, which Biden would have allowed.

Still lying and can’t take responsibility for your actions. You will be treated likea child until you act like an adult.
    Last edited by Noxx79; 2018-07-12 at 01:39 PM.

I find that extremely hard to believe. We're some of the most cynical and intellectual people you will find. So with your anecdotal evidence you rather bundle us all in one box and assume that is true for the entire population. Interesting train of thought.

If you read the article, Biden pushed to leave the 9th position empty until after the election. It's essentially the same thing without an actual person named.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...t-nominations/

So nobody was blocked, and McConnell refused even after the election, which Biden would have allowed.

Still lying and can’t take responsibility for your actions. You will be treated likea child until you act like an adult.
    Of course he would refuse after the election. They won it. LOL

Son I am probably older than you by a few years. But go ahead a make yourself look like a clown.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Get use to it on this forum. Best thing to do with some on here is put them on ignore or simply do not respond to such type posts.

On topic, the democrats more than likely will win back control of the house. But unless they can win a large majority of the Senate ( not likely ) they will not be able to override a President's veto.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams