Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Government Says Half of Separated Kids Under 5 Won’t Be Reunited

https://www.thedailybeast.com/govern...nt-be-reunited

About half of the children under age 5 separated from adults who crossed the southern U.S. border illegally will not be reunited with their families, the Trump administration said Tuesday. The government was ordered by a federal judge to reunite 103 children this month. Today the government said it reunited 57 children and determined the other 46 are ineligible for reunification. The reasons given range from violent criminal histories to findings that the adults were not parents; several adults have been deported or are in criminal custody.

Deleted
    All from a political party that constantly harps on about family values...

46 children were acknowledged by the court to be ineligible for reunification or determined by HHS, DHS, and DOJ to be ineligible under court-approved criteria.
    Of these 46:

22 children have been found ineligible due to safety concerns posed by the adults in question:
    1 adult is being treated for a communicable disease.
    1 adult planned to house the child with an adult charged with sexually abusing a child.
    1 adult was alleged to have abused the child.
    1 adult had a falsified birth certificate (parentage is being examined).
    7 adults were determined not to be a parent.
    11 adults have a serious criminal history (charges or convictions for child cruelty, kidnapping, murder, human smuggling, domestic violence, etc.).
    24 children are not currently eligible for reunification due to circumstances of the adults in question:
    12 adults have been deported and are being contacted.
    9 adults are in custody of the U.S. Marshals Service for other offenses.
    2 adults are in custody of state jails for other offenses.
    1 adult’s location has been unknown for over a year
    So the first half of those are kind of reasonable reasons, the second half is another story. Those 12 that cant be reunited due to deportation is showing a big problem with the entire situation. They did not keep good documentation of this shit like they really REALLY should have.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/07/12/...en-under-age-5

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah im 100% on the side of reunite the kids, but these ones in question are kind of legit... You don't want to give the kid back to a human trafficker, or someone whos going to house the child with a sexual predator.

Bait thread is bait

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    All from a political party that constantly harps on about family values...
    FOX and Friends host says 'What's the big deal? Not our kids!'

10+ Year Old Account
    its 10pm

do you know where your children are?

Some of them brought their kids because they knew it would screw up our system.

I don't have much sympathy for the illegals. We have over 12 million illegals working in the US.

For the refugees, why on Earth didn't they claim refugee status in Mexico a country they had to pass through to get to the US?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Some of them brought their kids because they knew it would screw up our system.

I don't have much sympathy for the illegals. We have over 12 million illegals working in the US.

For the refugees, why on Earth didn't they claim refugee status in Mexico a country they had to pass through to get to the US.
    There's not going to be a satisfactory answer for you because, as you said, you lack sympathy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    There's not going to be a satisfactory answer for you because, as you said, you lack sympathy.
    We're waiting on the flotilla from the EU who'll come and rescue these kids.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what the EU has to do with this, but okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Are you okay? You seem to be rambling a little and not making much sense.

Has Hubcap always been this redpilled?

I mean those seem like pretty legit reasons... nice attempt at tugging those heart strings though.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    So they become custody of the US? Surely we can't make them citizens. Maybe there should be a thing, perhaps an special act, that allows these kids to stay in the country since they'll no longer have a home to home to. Some sort of conditional but permanent residency.

Something that will defer action against childhood arrivals...but what to call it

Resident Cosplay Progressive

100% lies in the fault of the people entering in illegally.
    How many children would have been separated if people did not enter illegally? The answer is 0.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    How many children would have been separated if people did not enter illegally? The answer is 0.
    So you believe in “you did something bad so I can do something worse”? Not much for morals then.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    So you believe in “you did something bad so I can do something worse”? Not much for morals then.
    Nope, I just understand the situation more than you.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    What is there to understand? Is it ok to do something horrible to some one because they did something bad? Just saying they shouldn’t have come in if they didn’t want bad things to happen doesn’t excuse thoses the horrible things being done and by who.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots if you count drone strikes.

- - - Updated - - -

Desperate.
    Not very middle ground of you. As expected