Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I liked his content, but he did give into the internet rage machine from time to time which caused him to say some shit he should have known not to. He wasn't an angel, nor a devil, but he was entertaining.
    Shh you might get banned with this opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Go back. Think. Try again and next time you might make sense.
    What part do you struggle to understand in ''GG/KIA are as qualified to talk about respect online as Darth Sidious over cost effective weapons ?''

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxit the Gnome View Post
    I wasn't that triggered by this article to be honest.

TB made some mistakes, but he always seemed to somewhat take wisdom from them.

I only agreed with him like 60% of the time when it came to games, but I always understood, respected and valued his perspectives on them.

It's weird that a guy that some circles proclaim as a misogynistic white supremacist was instrumental into turning me into the little progressive SJW anti-capitalist shit that I am today.

He sure was a complicated internet personality.

I sure will miss him.
    It's interesting to me, because I never really followed TB anywhere except his youtube channel and the Co-Optional Podcast. I didn't read reddit, or twitter, or any of that other nonsense. So all I really saw of TB was a consistent message of improving the gaming industry pretty much on all fronts. My overall impression of his message boils down to:

More transparency from the gaming industry
    Honesty about your mistakes
    Giving devs and games a second chance if they learn from, and fix, their mistakes
    Lambasting blatant examples of corruption and shennanigans.

Taken all together, it seemed to me that he was quick to blast screw-ups in the industry(of ALL kinds, not just gamergate stuff), but would be equally quick to apologize or amend his stance when new information came to light. That's not something a lot of public figures are capable of, or willing to do.

It seems to me that people are very quick to point out instances where TB was wrong, but tend to forget that he would also not just apologize, but strive to make things right if it turned out he was ACTUALLY wrong, and not just people disagreeing with him.

And lastly....the shit-eaters who are going after his name now that he's dead can DIAF. That's lower than low.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Shh you might get banned with this opinion.
    O.O did i say some wrong think or something?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    O.O did i say some wrong think or something?
    Yeah a mod gets touchy for saying somebody had bad behaviour sometimes.

I mean, uh, he was a lovely saint

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yeah a mod gets touchy for saying somebody had bad behaviour sometimes.

I mean, uh, he was a lovely saint
    I'll take my leave then, thanks for the warning.

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    More transparency from the gaming industry
    Honesty about your mistakes
    Giving devs and games a second chance if they learn from, and fix, their mistakes
    Lambasting blatant examples of corruption and shennanigans.
    Yes. This.

And also giving a platform for smaller and/or underrepresented Youtubers/internet personalities with the Co-Optional Podcast. I can't really count how many persons I've become a fan of because of that podcast.

'lest we forget, he tried to showcase indie games with interesting gameplay. Not just the standard AAA video game affair that so many game personalities cover.
    - Dare not to sleep -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    It's pretty sad you think being one of the worst things to hit video gaming since Jack Thompson is winning.

OT: Does this mean GG are going to try policing wrong-think and push for censorship again?
    It's almost as if bribing people/doing other shit for good game reviews is a bad thing and should be fought against.

I really don't see any big problems in that article. Actually, it is probably one of the more rational pieces about TB/GG that I've read.

Also it's made me sad when I realised that many people will remeber him for (unwillingly) being a part of the shitfest known as GG, and not for being one of the biggest serious YouTube influencers ever.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    True, but they just shouldn't have those articles in the first place. "The weakest link..." It makes the entire website look bad, when their main focus is actually very good.
    While it is obviously sloppy and lazy reporting, they are attempting to attract a wider audience to their site with pieces like this. The editors will barely read or really care about an article like this, as it has never been the focus of the company, so in an attempt to attract a younger audience they will want to occasionally release original articles on youtube/internet personality/other trend pieces like this. If you look at the clicks this has got compared to the author's other articles, you can tell there is interest on the site for things like that, far more than any of her other pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    It's almost as if bribing people/doing other shit for good game reviews is a bad thing and should be fought against.
    It's more like that didn't happen and your the 4th or 5th person in this thread that was taken in by the lie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mumba View Post
    I really don't see any big problems in that article. Actually, it is probably one of the more rational pieces about TB/GG that I've read.

Also it's made me sad when I realised that many people will remeber him for (unwillingly) being a part of the shitfest known as GG, and not for being one of the biggest serious YouTube influencers ever.
    It's a shame the negative side of his personality have so overshadowed all the stuff he did promoting e-sports. I agree when the article says it's probably only his wife who could repair his reputation (if she thinks it's something she wants to do.) A bit sad that a few people in this thread have mistaken that for saying she should make reparations.

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Nope, because it's bad enough and doesn't matter how old it is. I wouldn't need to stick around viewing his content for more stupid shit. I can just read articles like the OP and realize nothing changed.
    lol a 9 year old comment he's repeatedly apologized for and the person he said it to has accepted his apology.

Dang you really fucking roasted him broseph.

I wonder some of the things you said 9 years ago. Or any of us.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a shame the negative side of his personality have so overshadowed all the stuff he did promoting e-sports. I agree when the article says it's probably only his wife who could repair his reputation (if she thinks it's something she wants to do.) A bit sad that a few people in this thread have mistaken that for saying she should make reparations.
    No, it hasn't overshadowed that. As much as you and your ilk want it to. The only people who think that are those who have hated him for years and use his death to continue to smear him. You're so brave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    lol a 9 year old comment he's repeatedly apologized for and the person he said it to has accepted his apology.

Dang you really fucking roasted him broseph.

I wonder some of the things you said 9 years ago. Or any of us.
    Probably worse, except I never had them printed and shared with others, however at the same time if I drop fucking dead right NOW, people I've hurt aren't obligated to say anything nice about me, or forgive me in the way I think they should.

Unless I wasn't an adult yet.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Probably worse, except I never had them printed and shared with others, however at the same time if I drop fucking dead right NOW, people I've hurt aren't obligated to say anything nice about me, or forgive me in the way I think they should.

Unless I wasn't an adult yet.
    Yeah far be it from people to be adults and not give a fuck what someone said out of anger to someone else nearly a decade ago, a matter of which was settled years and years ago.

Bringing that up repeatedly DEFINITELY isn't a way just to pretend you're morally superior and/or want to shit all over somebody after they're not able to defend themselves.

Nope. Not at all.

You weren't hurt by TB. The people who bring up the cancer comment weren't hurt by him. You're pathetically using it to attack him while feigning offense. The matter was long settled between the people actually involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty sad you think being one of the worst things to hit video gaming since Jack Thompson is winning.

OT: Does this mean GG are going to try policing wrong-think and push for censorship again?
    Wait what? Prettty sure you got ot backwards

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Wait what? Prettty sure you got ot backwards
    He's one of those people that actually believes news articles like in the OP. Been that way since 2014, and he's still posting about it whenever he gets the chance.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Very poorly written, whatever it is. I cant really understand any of it, whats this person trying to say?

I mean, gaming journalism is mostly just advertising and reviews. There's very little that qualifies as actual journalism. IGN ain't CNN people. Most of the "ethics in gaming" people from GG were just claiming that was a flaw and somehow cheapened the medium. It's not a flaw, that's all it is. It also was tied into slavering morons who went after women because of perceived biases that never actually existed or slights that never took place. The #GG nonsense was used to justify saying some truly awful things about people, mostly women. That's why it's thought of the way it is. It was a movement that never had anything worthwhile to say, so the bad stuff took on a larger spotlight because there was literally nothing good to counter balance it.

That being said Bain was tangentially related to the whole thing at best and generally called out the worst elements as trash. He was generally regarded as a decent guy. Certainly not deserving of a character hit piece after he died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    Yeah far be it from people to be adults and not give a fuck what someone said out of anger to someone else nearly a decade ago, a matter of which was settled years and years ago.

Bringing that up repeatedly DEFINITELY isn't a way just to pretend you're morally superior and/or want to shit all over somebody after they're not able to defend themselves.

Nope. Not at all.

You weren't hurt by TB. The people who bring up the cancer comment weren't hurt by him. You're pathetically using it to attack him while feigning offense. The matter was long settled between the people actually involved.
    Right making excuses and expecting people to forget you were an asshole and shouldn’t have said in the first place. Guess what life isn’t fair you don’t get to say horrible shit and expect other’s to be ok after. Especially when you only do so because you personally finally get it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Right making excuses and expecting people to forget you were an asshole and shouldn’t have said in the first place. Guess what life isn’t fair you don’t get to say horrible shit and expect other’s to be ok after. Especially when you only do so because you personally finally get it.
    Oh you're MallSecurity! NOW I understand. Enjoy your complete disingenuousness about an event you were not involved in and was resolved between the relevant parties over 5 years ago and pretend it matters broseph.
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2018-07-13 at 01:42 AM.