Poll: Would you play Classic if you unlocked unobtainable items?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    I cant imagine the outcry from people who bought T3 from BMAH LOL
    well to be fair getting that couple million gold for the BMAH stuff is probably easier(or rather takes less time) than to clear naxx for weeks/months

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    And how exactly is "having achievements" helpful?
    The same way that gear score was helpful in WotLK and Raider.IO Mythic score is useful now. It's a way to gauge a player before they end up in your group.

And as @Soon-TM said already, "link [achievement] or no invite."

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    There are other levels of toxicity which was the "If you can heal you have to heal or you are not coming" that was the mentality of almost every guild back then.
    that's not really a mentality, that was just playing the game optimally.

I don't get people who "I'd rather get NOTHING at all than get at least something". Of course any extra transmogrifications are better than 0. Yes, I'd play for some items.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Ah yes i forgot about that.

They call them "snowflakes". Retri paladins, boomkins, enh shamans etc.
    The elitists call them snowflakes for some reason.
    I mean, I did it because I was a Shaman and wanted to help the guild but it did make lots of us pissed off for a long time, even when I was allowed to go enhancement when we started doing runs with a partner guild some people refused to come because I was enhancement and a couple of elemental Shaman too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    that's not really a mentality, that was just playing the game optimally.
    It is still Toxic behavior no matter how you spin it.

I would play classic a lot more but not because I wanted to, but because I felt like I had to, so it's a shit idea either way.

The fact that they only exist in Naxx is even worse. Only makes them more rare...creating crazier people who would play classic just for them.
    And now what?
    Naxx is the end game of Vanilla, once you got that cleared, Vanilla is over for you, it's basically the reward for (almost) clearing the game.

Second, people will obviously run ML, so they can't just ninja it, not like it would do them any good on a Vanilla server to ninja T3 pieces.

The problem is in giving incentive for people who "wouldn't play classic if it wasnt for "X" thing shared with live servers"
    Without any outside aid, we are talking about months of work, people that are willing to play Vanilla servers *just* to get T3 won't last or become that entrenched into it that they find some enjoyment in it.

If you are out just for T3, get a job, buy token with money from said job and buy T3 on the BMAH, it will be probably be quicker than going through the entire Vanilla content.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post

It is still Toxic behavior no matter how you spin it.
    no it really isnt. stop playing the victim.

people telling you "we want to complete the game and we're doing it the most optimal wayp ossible to us, if you dont have the same mindset we dont want you" is not toxic.

if anything the toxic part is "I dont give a fuck I'll be enha even if it sucks go fuck yourselves I dont care about anyone but me"

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The same way that gear score was helpful in WotLK and Raider.IO Mythic score is useful now. It's a way to gauge a player before they end up in your group.

And as @Soon-TM said already, "link [achievement] or no invite."
    Chances are good people would make such an add-on anyway. People are obsessed with their player/character gauges.

people telling you "we want to complete the game and we're doing it the most optimal wayp ossible to us, if you dont have the same mindset we dont want you" is not toxic.

if anything the toxic part is "I dont give a fuck I'll be enha even if it sucks go fuck yourselves I dont care about anyone but me"
    Blizzard would not have put it in the game if they did not mean for people to use it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    the same amount which is to say Ill be only playing classic

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    It would be easier to just buy it off of the BMAH for a few million instead of making a character getting to 60 and putting in all the work to raid and get to and complete Naxx.
    For those of us who have never seen a million gold, the BMAH might as well not exist for us.

Classic being a way to grab account unlocks would be a very strong hook for players.

Chances are good people would make such an add-on anyway. People are obsessed with their player/character gauges.
    Of course they will. I was simply answering your question regarding why achievements are helpful.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want Palomino horse :|
    But well, I dont think I will spend alotta time in vanilla...
    Depends on friends, if they want to have some fun or not.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Of course they will. I was simply answering your question regarding why achievements are helpful.
    I getcha. Thanks! That said, I dunno if I'd call it helpful. It serves a purpose in that elitists can be elitists with it, but I'm not sure if that qualifies as 'helpful'.

this is the only reason i'd play it.. with out i may reserve my name or something but yeah.. no intentions of playing without this.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Without any outside aid, we are talking about months of work, people that are willing to play Vanilla servers *just* to get T3 won't last or become that entrenched into it that they find some enjoyment in it.
    fun with analogies.

a road between 2 points, A and B, takes a long, meandering course, perhaps having a total length of many multiples of the crow-flies distance between them. perhaps there is a small mountain or large set of hills between A and B. maybe there is some kind of special burger joint or chippy (for UK posters) at point B.

one poster notes - 'anyone who is willing to make that drive and not turn around is going to be so determined that they almost have to get some passive enjoyment out of driving so much to go at it for so long, no matter how much they want that burger.'

another poster observers - 'They sure could sell a lot more burgers making a tunnel through those hills straight to point B from point A. A lot of folks would pop over to try them.'

I expect there to be tunneling equipment already surveying the route.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2018-07-13 at 05:10 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

The first one is not exactly toxic, but it can lead to bad situations, same as the second one. However, I find the second mind set to be acceptable simply because forcing a player to play a spec or play style they don't like or find fun isn't fair and isn't why they play the game in the first place and could lead to them ultimately leaving the game which isn't right. That's basically indentured servitude.

People play the game to have fun and enjoy themselves, and they should be allowed to, but I completely understand how a persons preferred playstyle may be antithetical to what they want to be doing with it...ie not viable for end game. That said, there's a HUGE difference between not viable and not optimal and for groups/ guilds that aren't hardcore progression raiding, playing a spec that's viable but sub-optimal should be acceptable in order to facilitate enjoyment of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I getcha. Thanks! That said, I dunno if I'd call it helpful. It serves a purpose in that elitists can be elitists with it, but I'm not sure if that qualifies as 'helpful'.
    If people will use it as a tool for selecting groups, not having it could be detrimental to your group content experience...because you may not have an experience if people won't accept you without them, or your experience will be limited and much harder.

Kind of like transportation. Sure, you can get places without a drivers license, but having one opens up so many possibilities and helps put you in more direct control of the situation rather than you being completely at the mercy of the system/ schedule/ everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    one poster notes - 'anyone who is willing to make that drive and not turn around is going to be so determined that they almost have to get some passive enjoyment out of driving so much to go at it for so long, no matter how much they want that burger.'
    Not what i said.

I said the amount of people that are just in for T3 will most likely abandon their plans once they realized what they actually have to do to get T3.
    Some might stay, but mostly because they found enjoyment in Vanilla.

And seriously stop bringing your whole "They're going to change classic to attract more people" into every single discussion, it gets so damn tiring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Not what i said.

I said the amount of people that are just in for T3 will most likely abandon their plans once they realized what they actually have to do to get T3.
    Some might stay, but mostly because they found enjoyment in Vanilla.

And seriously stop bringing your whole "They're going to change classic to attract more people" into every single discussion, it gets so damn tiring.
    no, I used an extrapolation of your comments. I think the outcome set is simliar. what do you find different? I don't think i was sarcastic or insulting in the approach I took - just another take on the type of people who would complete classic content through naxx just for transmog.

If you think there is no validity to my general assumption that they will change classic to attract more people, then you can safely ignore me as a forum clown, or conspiracy theorist, or whatever.

I think the real problem is most posters at some level know I could very well be right. it isn't like we lack years of precedent of exactly this approach from blizzard. If it didn't have that undercurrent of possible truth, it wouldn't be tiring. I would just be skipped in responses.

To me, expecting blizzard, after a decade of this, to suddenly make a 180-degree turn, strains credulity.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2018-07-13 at 05:27 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.