Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Glaring, fiery red.

I don't think he's N'zoth though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tocoman View Post
    I remember around cataclysm a dev was talking about N'zoth and the fact that he was a shapeshifter and among the champions of azeroth already.

Wrathion has red eyes doesn't he?
    Yogg took several images and avatars same with Y'shaarj so its not uncommon. The only one is C'thun and the potentially fifth old god.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Pretty much the fact Azshara is in this expansion is the reason i'm so excited for BFA.

Really excited about diving into some old god stuff ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I don't think he's N'zoth though.
    Nor do I, I was just answering the question about the color and nature of his eyes.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

For God's sake this time please connect Azshara with characters that have history with her. No more Deathwing and Thrall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yogg mind controlled me back in 2008. Wouldn't surprise me if N'Zoth mind controlled this fish. More akin to skinchanging in the ASOIAF (Game of Thrones) books than Warcraft Druid physical transmutation imo.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    For God's sake this time please connect Azshara with characters that have history with her. No more Deathwing and Thrall.
    It can be too late, I'm afraid. She's already connected to humans from Kul Tiras and trolls from Zandalar, and no clue about her connection to Tyrande or Thalryssa.
    Not to mention that she would made perfect connection with Xavius and Illidan, and it was actually wasted. They even didn't reconnect Malfurion and Illidan, as they didn't made orcs confront with Kil'jaeden. They could confront Garona with Gul'dan... there were many possibilities.
    So I think Night Elves, Blood Elves and Nightborne won't have as big part in fighting with Azshara - the most important common spot of their history - as unrelated humans or trolls will have.

When you think about it, Old gods mist posses the ability to appear as anything they would like in order to play someone...

We know Yogg Saron could project Sara as a "disguise".
    This might not be the same as a Dragon just turning into human form, but more as a trick... A decoy to mess with someones head.

So Nzoth projecting a fish to offer Azshara her life in exchange for servitute sound pretty reasonable to me.

Wonder if this really is a still from the pre bfa shorts...

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by InfectHerGadget View Post
    I feel they are more red and just like some others said already, so are Wrathion's.

I was on this train since I read this a while back in another post about the old gods.

Finally, we get to Wrathion and the yet to be seen N'Zoth. What led me to believe Wrathion IS N'Zoth? Here's a description from Wikipedia: "In his first appearance in "Nyarlathotep", he is described as a "tall, swarthy man" who resembles an ancient Egyptian pharaoh. In this story he wanders the earth, seemingly gathering legions of followers ... through his demonstrations of strange and seemingly magical instruments. These followers lose awareness of the world around them, and through the narrator's increasingly unreliable accounts the reader gets an impression of the world's collapse." So, Nyarlathotep the Old God (believed to be what N'Zoth is based on) travels the world disguised as a dark-skinned Egyptian Pharaoh. He gathers followers (like all players' characters to be his champions), and shows them strange, magical instruments (all his imbued presents that augment our gear) to prove his cause. Further readings on Nyarlathotep indicate a few more fascinating similarities: he is unlike the other Old Gods in his ability to be ACTIVE (most of Lovecraft's old gods are in suspended sleep or imprisoned, but Nyarlathotep actively wanders the earth spreading propaganda). Nyarlathotep is described as "the deceiver", cunning, manipulative, and vastly more intelligent in his schemes to cause pandemonium.
    Yes and blizzard is famous for taking well known myths, fantasy tropes and giving them a twist, making them unique. If Wrathion is N'zoth it would be either a revealed major twist like a not so evil aspect to them, or some possession, or something yet to be delivered

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Yes and blizzard is famous for taking well known myths, fantasy tropes and giving them a twist, making them unique. If Wrathion is N'zoth it would be either a revealed major twist like a not so evil aspect to them, or some possession, or something yet to be delivered
    I'm kind of hoping Nzoth (whether he's pretending to be Wrathion or not) pulls a 180 and helps us fight the void lords and/or whatever evil Light stuff is going on with Yrel and the AU Naaru. The Old Gods are basically giant parasites that the void lords shot across the universe, you've got to wonder to what degree they have their own motivations. Chronicles said they warred with each other, which doesn't exactly advance the over-arching voidy campaign goals, so maybe they're capable of turning on their masters too.

Edit: maybe N'zoth is pulling a Voldemort and living inside Wrathion's turban
    Last edited by Briselody; 2018-07-13 at 08:14 PM.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

The fish know all the secrets. They know the cold. They know the dark.
    - Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron

When man asks favor of a fish...
    'Tis hard to decipher his true wish...
    He often seeks a lordly dish...
    To serve upon his table.
    - The Talking Fish

Suddenly the legend of the Talking Fish from MoP becomes much more ominous. Could it be about N'Zoth? This legend does make it seem like the Talking Fish twists people's wishes according to what it thinks they truly want (which fits N'Zoth's title as the Corruptor). Azshara wanted to be beautiful and he turned her into a horrific abomination. Deathwing wanted to be free of his burden and N'Zoth literally interpreted that as killing him in the End Time timeline.

To serve upon his table - the Boy King serves at the Master's table?

Deathwing was strong but he still got killed, not very powerful for the most powerful of minions. Maybe he wasn't that powerful to begin with?
    If even the Old Gods themselves, C'Thun and Yogg in particular, still got killed, N'Zoth (who was less powerful than those two) doesn't really have much room to say that Deathwing "wasn't that powerful to begin with" if he was killed by us.

I remember around cataclysm a dev was talking about N'zoth <...> and among the champions of azeroth already.
    Citation needed on the bolded part. I meant no offense, but seriously, I've seen so many of those "I remember / I heard / I saw that a dev said / posted <insert fan theories / headcanons here>" that I have a hard time believing anything that can't be found on a quick search. And so far, nothing has stated that any dev ever said that.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    If even the Old Gods themselves, C'Thun and Yogg in particular, still got killed, N'Zoth (who was less powerful than those two) doesn't really have much room to say that Deathwing "wasn't that powerful to begin with" if he was killed by us.

Citation needed on the bolded part. I meant no offense, but seriously, I've seen so many of those "I remember / I heard / I saw that a dev said / posted <insert fan theories / headcanons here>" that I have a hard time believing anything that can't be found on a quick search. And so far, nothing has stated that any dev ever said that.
    He was less powerful. Who knows his status now? He could have done some creepy shit like absorb their powers or something.

Do I think Wrathion is N'Zoth no. However some of the stuff he wanted in MoP is...suspicious.

He pushed us to spark a HvA war, he REALLY wanted that to happen and to what end? How does one of the factions obliterating the other out of existence benefit him especially since he didnt care which side won.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    He was less powerful. Who knows his status now? He could have done some creepy shit like absorb their powers or something.
    That can be true, but it wasn't my point. My point was that saying Deathwing wasn't that powerful of an Old Gods' minion because he got defeated by us while two of those very Old Gods got defeated all the same, doesn't make sense - unless we are going to say that C'Thun and Yogg weren't "that powerful to begin with" compared to their minions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Makina View Post
    He pushed us to spark a HvA war, he REALLY wanted that to happen and to what end? How does one of the factions obliterating the other out of existence benefit him especially since he didnt care which side won.
    He explained his reasoning, though. He believed that the Legion threat was so great that a divided Azeroth cannot stand against it. Thus, he attempted to help Azerothian to unite in his way. Since he doesn't believe the Alliance and the Horde could work together (which is kinda true given that, by that time, Garrosh was the Warchief and Genn was still his old self - the same one who attacked the Horde in middle of the war against the Legion), he was trying to help one side to completely defeat and conquer the other. It doesn't matter which side won, as the winner would've been able to conquer and dominate the other side and put everything under one banner.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-07-13 at 08:46 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Do I think Wrathion is N'Zoth no. However some of the stuff he wanted in MoP is...suspicious.

IIRC he wanted the winner of that war to unite the world against the return of the Legion.

If Wrathion is N'Zoth it would be ludicrous. Wrathion gave us the Fangs of the Father specifically to fight N'Zoth's forces, and wanted the war between the Horde and Alliance to end for good, while N'Zoth feeds off it. It's possible Wrathion has been, or is being manipulated, but having witnessed his birth it would be nonsense to declare that all along he was just an avatar for N'Zoth. Don't forget that Deathwing tried to destroy his egg in Badlands too, which is nonsense given that he was working for N'Zoth.

Assumptions everywhere! EVERYWHERE!

SHall we wait for facts before we shout "omg that fish is N'zoth"?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    IIRC he wanted the winner of that war to unite the world against the return of the Legion.
    Is that just sheer naivety though? Clearly the war is devestating beyond belief to the ranks of both sides, neither is capable of just soundly crushing and enslaving the other. Especially the orcs that had lived through the internment camps im pretty sure they would run themselves through spears before allowing that to happen again.

N'Zoth also needed the legion destroyed although i admit this is grasping at straws a little bit but Sargeras' campaign and the reason he went mad in the first place was trying to slowly order the cosmos and prevent void lord influence was becoming...impossible. The only solution to void lords and by extension old gods was to just destroy every planet they were found on no exceptions.

So clearly N'Zoth an Old God who has seen Sargeras come for his hide more than once would have a vested interest in us beating him back wouldnt he?

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Assumptions everywhere! EVERYWHERE!

SHall we wait for facts before we shout "omg that fish is N'zoth"?
    That fish being N'zoth is a lot, and I mean A LOT more probable than Wrathion being N'zoth.

Is that just sheer naivety though? Clearly the war is devestating beyond belief to the ranks of both sides, neither is capable of just soundly crushing and enslaving the other. Especially the orcs that had lived through the internment camps im pretty sure they would run themselves through spears before allowing that to happen again.

N'Zoth also needed the legion destroyed although i admit this is grasping at straws a little bit but Sargeras' campaign and the reason he went mad in the first place was trying to slowly order the cosmos and prevent void lord influence was becoming...impossible. The only solution to void lords and by extension old gods was to just destroy every planet they were found on no exceptions.

So clearly N'Zoth an Old God who has seen Sargeras come for his hide more than once would have a vested interest in us beating him back wouldnt he?
    One way or another I believe N’zoth caused Legion through making Xavius convince Kiljaden to start the assault when the two met in the emerald nightmare.