Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    It won't be, because unlike your weapon, you will be replacing that azerite gear every single new tier that comes out. The only thing that will stick with you is that necklace, which is nothing more than a stat stick currently. Had you played all Legion with your weapon doing nothing but slowly increasing the stats on it and there was zero artifact tree, I'm going to guess you wouldn't have care all that much for it either.

The HoA is nothing more than a stat stick that just lets you activate tier sets. Not sure about you, but that doesn't get me all that connected to it, other than to loath it.
    I confess I have not played on any of the test realms, so will have to reserve judgment.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    ....How is Azerite different from AP then? It seems like AP have been very compelling in Legion, getting people to do content, so why would Azerite be any different?
    Leveling your artifact weapon to unlock new traits was another kind of motivation. The difference is, even between a lot of boring talents like % crit or so you got some really exciting new traits (not just golden ones). With Azerite... there are barely any interesting traits, I'd say 9/10 traits are super boring passive procs. Is that motivating to get?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

wait how it plays out.
    wait for the „real“ traits, that are changing playstyles.
    wait how blizz in 8.1 fine tune or improve the system.
    be patient.
    dont rant endlessly about things you cant predict how they play out.
    be patient.
    have i mentioned you could be patient instead stupid complaining about unpredictable stuff ?
    be patient.

result: a forum not full of your crap threads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, the guy only implied that it is "more frustrating than rewarding" reading OP's post. I mean, these days you literally know who is making the current "This is shit design because I say so" thread

That said, everything and anything in WoW has at one point been called a failure and broken - from the frustration of attaining the bindings of the windseeker, how loot is attained, the mind-mumbing daily quests and even that the loot you get is not compelling, because it didn't warforge / titanforge.

Azerite looks like another spin on AP, and boy did AP get shit here. Azerite is just the next recipient of forum shitstorms. (I include myself here, how many have actually tested it?)

Yeah, it is probably as exciting as socketing a relic or a gem or as chosing your Nethercrucible trait - and we all will still do it and our participation rate will imply that is was a success.

Just like people bitched about AP here and in a recent poll it was most MMO POster had over 75 traits, up to over 80 and "couldn't believe how anyone has less than 75"
    the result of this seems we are stupid sheeps that eat everything blizz spit at us.

seems legit, seems true. was always the case.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2018-07-14 at 11:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    wait how it plays out.
    be patient.
    be patient.
    have i mentioned you could be patient instead stupid complaining about unpredictable stuff ?
    be patient.

result: a forum not full of your crap threads.

- - - Updated - - -

the result of this seems we are stupid sheeps that eat everything blizz spit at us.

seems legit, seems true. was always the case.
    Yeah, how dare anyone expect the systems to be fun and engaging when the game is released, rather than having to wait 3 months for the next patch. Entitled clowns! /s

Blizzard is the king of frustrating game design choices. Y'all should be used to it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    The Azerite system's design is broken at a fundamental level. The grind itself is not the issue, but the purpose behind the grind.

Grinding for a buff will never be as compelling as grinding for a brand new piece of gear. Obtaining a new piece of gear is tangible and most of the time physical (seeing the new item on your character). Obtaining a new azerite trait is very passive and feels more mathy/spreadsheety rather than exciting. No matter what passive they come up with, it will never feel compelling to grind.

I hope that the system is discontinued in 8.1 in favour of something much more compelling.
    Oh look, yet another thought inducing thread by you! /s

Dude, give it a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    ....How is Azerite different from AP then? It seems like AP have been very compelling in Legion, getting people to do content, so why would Azerite be any different?
    needing an arbitrary system so people will do content for that system and not for the content itself, already shows that said system is not exactly compelling.

7+ Year Old Account
    garbage bad designed system

endless diablo grind
    bfa looks like wod 3.0 cash grab
    Last edited by HordeFanboy; 2018-07-14 at 12:15 PM.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    wait how it plays out.
    be patient.
    be patient.
    be patient.
    yes we should all just enjoy "BFA early access for 50$" for the first months. /s

I like your signature

lovely

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    Not sure how that has gone away? Azerite traits are on gear. You'll collect new gear to get the traits you want.

This I agree with as it stands now. But I feel pretty confident that it will get a lot better as the expansion continues.
    just to correct you on the bold/underlined part, no you won't, dungeon drop items have fixed traits, the only change to them is they get stronger the higher ilvl the piece is the traits don't change so you are forced to grind 'X' dungeon on baseline mythic week one to get the BiS helm you want, grind dungeon 'Y' for the chest you want, and grind dungeon 'Z' for the shoulders you want, once obtained you never have to go back there because you can't get azerite armour from the end of dungeon chest in M+ it's only a possibility from the weekly cache and is likely to be extremely rare due to how powerful they can be at higher ilvls, then once the raid opens up you will farm for the same 3 BiS items from 3 separate bosses, once obtained you will then go into higher difficulties to get the exact same item at a higher ilvl just for the slightly more powerful traits which are identical to the ones you already have just bigger numbers ad infinitum until a new tier releases and new azerite traits come out etc etc.

as to your second point responding to the concern about the traits being too math heavy and passive, the vast majority of the azerite traits for all specs are all passive traits that don't alter your gameplay in any way, shape or form, there is literally a mammoth step backwards being taken in class design from what we have in legion to what we will have in BFA, the only way to salvage this would have been to have a small 'talent tree' embedded into the heart of azeroth amulet that was a class exclusive thing avoiding spec specific stuff like we have in legion with each weapon, and make the azerite traits properly something 'gamebreaking' and powerful for each spec so that they change how we play in certain scenarios (like the fire mage bracers from legion or the BM shoulders that made the spec playable until it was baked into the spec etc).

Quote Originally Posted by merli View Post
    The purpose of the artifact power/azerite system was for people who are not raiding to have some kind of progress every week. The only bad thing about this systme is that even mythic raiders are forced to do some repetitive world quests to be able to continue raiding. It wasn't needed for raiders in earlier expansions so I don't know why Blizard just didn't give raiders enough points through raiding where it's enough for the current exponential growth rate of these point systems. At least Blizzard recognised the really terrible design of legendaries and artifact weapons in Legion.

The really great part of Legion was the story and class identification.
    Mythic raider and never felt forced to do any grinding for gear or AP. But then were are a bit different. We just have fun, down shit when we down shit. Usually outgearing later bosses months after the raid comes out. But that is totally fine with us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Leveling your artifact weapon to unlock new traits was another kind of motivation. The difference is, even between a lot of boring talents like % crit or so you got some really exciting new traits (not just golden ones). With Azerite... there are barely any interesting traits, I'd say 9/10 traits are super boring passive procs. Is that motivating to get?
    Ah, so leveling you artifact to get boring passives is compelling, but leveling your HoA for boring passives is bad. Got it.

At its heart its the same issue as apexis. The only numbers people care about are ilvl and dps/hps. Thats it. Anything else is just breaking immersion to impress how long you are from a goal and thats never fun.

It isn't about good game design anymore its about keeping lfr jimmy doing busy work after he runs eight hours of lfr he needs another 30 to grind out power so he can call mythic raiders hardcore for being better then him,

Artifact power,azerite... all of it systems designed for the worst of the worst of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    How many fucking junk threads does this cunt wanna start lol
    seriously dude? if thats all you can add to a sensible conversation then maybe just be quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    We've skipped past the "it's only beta" line and gone straight to "it's only launch" have we?
    I think Azerite traits do feel underwhelming as it stands now.

But I don't think the underlying system is necessarily bad. I think it can, in theory, be better and less frustrating than what we had in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Ah, so leveling you artifact to get boring passives is compelling, but leveling your HoA for boring passives is bad. Got it.
    Reading comprehension?

"Leveling your artifact weapon to unlock new traits was another kind of motivation. The difference is, even between a lot of boring talents like % crit or so you got some really exciting new traits (not just golden ones). With Azerite... there are barely any interesting traits, I'd say 9/10 traits are super boring passive procs. Is that motivating to get?"

Most golden traits of artifact weapons changed or improved your playstyle a lot. Haven't found a lot of them in BfA yet.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I think if they added abilities, or talent bonuses it could be a lot better. But theres nothing exciting about hey if you grind azerite for the next week you'll get a 1% haste buff thats completely unnoticeable!

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm holding out for more interesting traits as soon as we get some content patches. Hoping the ones we see now are "basic" for the sake of getting people into the system, kind of like how first tier of raids aren't all that challenging compared to what comes later (usually). If not then yeah, it will be cumbersome going forward.

Azerite is unfinished , it can be interesting if blizz wants it.