Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grevmak View Post
    snip
    Spend gold and buy a boost.

Problem solved.

What's with the fucking essay?

Also, leveling is in a amazing spot right now with the recent changes. Leveled 2 allied-raced and it was a great improvement, without having to swap zones randomly, interrupting questlines, blb bla.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post

Problem solved.

What's with the fucking essay?

Also, leveling is in a amazing spot right now with the recent changes. Leveled 2 allied-raced and it was a great improvement, without having to swap zones randomly, interrupting questlines, blb bla.
    Boosting should not be the solution to the flaws in levelling. Instead Blizzard should work on fixing those flaws.

The scaling itself is fine. The unnecessary change to mob HP which just makes most dungeons take longer rather than them being harder however isn't. Same with the open world. Unless they make mobs hit harder which they didn't then that change is pointless.

7+ Year Old Account
    Especially since this thread represents "we're bored of it!"

I wouldn't mind them tweaking, or adding interesting systems, but Gold/Money/DK/DH/Monk/Allied are all boosts of sorts.
    Last edited by OreoLover; 2018-07-14 at 12:33 PM.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Boosting should not be the solution to the flaws in levelling. Instead Blizzard should work on fixing those flaws.

The scaling itself is fine. The unnecessary change to mob HP which just makes most dungeons take longer rather than them being harder however isn't.
    Yea, pulling 10+ packs in dungeons and just aoeing them, with some classes able to solo them entirely was 'just fine'.

Again, i'm glad they changed it. The scaling really helped with it and it's not as bad as everyone is making it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    Especially since this thread represents "we're bored of it!"

I wouldn't mind them tweaking, or adding interesting systems, but Gold/Money/DK/DH/Pandaren/Allied are all boosts of sorts.
    How is a Pandaren a boost? It starts at Level 1 just like every other race.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, pulling 10 packs in dungeons and just aoeing them, with some classes able to solo them was 'just fine'.

Again, i'm glad they changed it. The scaling really helped with it and it's not as bad as everyone is making it to be.
    No but drastically increasing their health without increasing their damage was just as bad.

Read what I posted. I said the scaling in zones was fine. Increasing mob HP and not making them a threat wasn't.

And fyi people are still doing that in dungeons. It just takes longer to aoe them down because they have more HP and don't deal more damage. You act like Dungeons are more engaging because of this. They really aren't. It's just the same shit but more time consuming rather than harder.

There is a difference between time and difficulty.

7+ Year Old Account

The scaling itself is fine. The unnecessary change to mob HP which just makes most dungeons take longer rather than them being harder however isn't. Same with the open world. Unless they make mobs hit harder which they didn't then that change is pointless.
    What's the leveling flaw there? I see a complaint about difficulty and time against mobs. They could easily slap on a better reward at the end / XP from large health mobs (did they already?) if you're getting at the reward.

What's the leveling flaw there? I see a complaint about difficulty and time against mobs. They could easily slap on a better reward at the end / XP from large health mobs (did they already?) if you're getting at the reward.
    There is no difficulty though.

All they did was buff mob HP.

Dungeons aren't harder. They just take longer. The sole issue I have with it is that there has been no increase in difficulty.

All this change has done in some areas is make the experience a bit more time consuming rather than harder. I mean it's not as long to level as people make it out to be though.

I'd rather there be a semblance of difficulty rather than making the experience longer. The only drag is 60-80 which is horrid. Other than that it's fine.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-07-14 at 12:33 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    How is a Pandaren a boost? It starts at Level 1 just like every other race.
    Oops I'll edit (pointless probably) but I meant Monk (Enlightment).

Oops I'll edit (pointless probably) but I meant Monk (Enlightment).
    Hehe

Never been too keen on Monk personally. Just not a Melee fan. Mistweaver is fun though.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is no difficulty though.

All they did was buff mob HP.

Dungeons aren't harder. They just take longer. The sole issue I have with it is that there has been no increase in difficulty.
    That's what I meant, that your complaint is about a lack of difficulty for you. I don't think raising the difficulty bar that early on suits their goals for satisfying more people.

That's what I meant, that your complaint is about a lack of difficulty for you. I don't think raising the difficulty bar that early on suits their goals for satisfying more people.
    No but right now this change to me says they want to show off a good MAU count to investors and whatnot.

Just my two cents.

I don't agree with buffing mob HP. It caused no difficulty increase whatsoever and just made dungeons even more boring imo. Just takes longer to aoe shit down. Bosses aren't harder for the most part either. Just bullet sponges or w/e the term is these days.

I do love the scaling though. I love that I can to Hillsbrad at 42 and it still remain relevant until around 60. The scaling part of the experience is fun.

I like being able to go to Vashj'ir for 89-90.

Problem is that most classes feel dull like hell. And there's no sense of progression ("oh wow I will get my next ability after 30 levels! besides one new passive in 15 levels"). Leveling is super bad.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

7+ Year Old Account
    No but right now this change to me says they want to show off a good MAU count to investors and whatnot.

Just my two cents.

I don't agree with buffing mob HP. It caused no difficulty increase whatsoever and just made dungeons even more boring imo. Just takes longer to aoe shit down. Bosses aren't harder for the most part either. Just bullet sponges or w/e the term is these days.

I do love the scaling though. I love that I can to Hillsbrad at 42 and it still remain relevant until around 60. The scaling part of the experience is fun.

I like being able to go to Vashj'ir for 89-90.
    I feel like they could increase rewards (XP, gold, BoEs) to compensate, without hurting MAU or the economy significantly.

Dungeon-wise I wish they'd have been between your difficulty increase and their health increase. For example, pick one mob in a pack and give it more power and health, and throw in a few strong patrols for difficulty/increased dungeon time. Actually, new* strong patrols would increase difficulty, rewards, and time all at once.
    Last edited by OreoLover; 2018-07-14 at 12:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's boring, tedious and takes far far too long for my liking, seeing as i have gone through the process a good 35+ times in total already at this point i should be able to purchase with gold some kind of super xp potion to speed up the process because i'm sick and fed up of running the same shit for the Nth time and just going through the motions, the whole lvl scaling bullshit that happened totally ruined levelling for me, sure i can quest wherever i want but what does it matter when post 60 there's really no path to chose other than WOTLK>MOP>WOD>LEGION>(BFA), they should have just made it so that all areas scale to all levels and from lvl 60 you can literally go anywhere you want, either keep questing in 'classic' wow zones, go do cata zones if you want, or go to MoP zones and have fun there up to 100, rather than restricting choice as they have done.

Levelings been bad since Cata. Hopefully redeveloping Vanilla will remind them how it’s supposed to be.

I agree with the fact that they should include the raids of each expac in the leveling content. I don't really understand why they wouldn't make the whole leveling process streamlined, by integrating patch content and raids into leveling as well. To new players, this must seem really weird, especially when the big bads make grand appearances like LK and deathwing.

It's just too many levels and too much content, no reward structure or progression really takes place, everything low level has been ruined by number squishes and the profession revamps. It's not fixable without some serious changes to the game, and the direction they are taking the game is typically the opposite of what would fix the low level so it's never gonna happen.

WoW is just a max level themepark, the rest just rots away a little more with each expansion as the levelling experience gets another 10 levels of tedium tacked on before you can walk through the park gates.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    The level scaling kind of ruined it tbh.

The whole idea is fine, they just tuned it so you need way too much experience to get each level, it turns the whole thing into a really boring slog with to little happening between each reward, especially when many of those rewards are largely meaningless in changing how your character plays, even more so after level 60.

With the changes to the game philosophy over the years the idea of levelling has been questioned many times even to the point where players ask why it still exists. It's hard to justify why it exists other than it's an introduction to the story and new features keeping you engaged and busy. There's no real reason as to why story and new features (Professions/ Class Hall) cannot be introduced without a levelling process. So in my mind the idea of levelling is to give us a feeling of progression through the completion of zone, gaining stats through new items and passively whilst gaining levels.

Any significant improvements to the levelling process should be in the nature of character progression, not convenience, fixing levelling with "adventure mode" (d3) gaming is not satisfying, it's just the quickest and easiest route from point A to B... it doesn't create the same feeling of progression and would still become tedious. I do believe that if Blizzard did have the resources and time they would definitely revamp the whole levelling process from 1-100. Class halls could probably be introduced at lower level and have you start as noob and rise to the roll of champion through new quests and mission targets like NPC's in dungeons etc, perhaps making you feel like you've earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    It's a good design choice
    I agree that it's a pretty good design choice. The mob health could be turned down a bit, and damage turned up a bit for leveling to make it actually halfway challenging(because right now leveling mobs are just a slog of uninteresting damage-sponge). But at a fundamental level it's better than the previous system of stacking EXP pots, heirlooms, and RAF to get 10 levels in a single dungeon run, and outlevel open world zones without trying.

Right now you can level from 1-x the slow way without heirlooms, takign your time and stopping to smell the roses. Or you can level FAST using a guide like the one in my sig, making use of every trick and technique available. Or if you just can't be bothered at all, then buy a boost via cash or gold token.

That's three very distinct, very viable methods.

I actually don't think we'll ever see exp pots in the cash shop, because the way things are set up now, Blizzard gets their money. Either you level normally and eat up subscription time, or you buy a boost and they get $50 out of you(or whatever it costs now). If you level up normally, chances are you'll be more invested in your character and less likely to give it up easy(resulting in more sub $$$). If you boost they get their money up front and probably don't give a crap what you do.