Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Fanatical has it for 2.99$. It was 29.99$ on steam and humble bundle.
    https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/al...nes-collection

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Console players can't do anything to fix it.

Watch there be a rush on Steam to buy it now.

I actually kind of want it now, always enjoyed games like this and previous entries in the series.
    I was curious to see how much they were charging for it on steam and other sites. Steam and humble bundle had it for 29.99$. On fanatical, they had it for 2.99$.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    It's really easy to make a simple typo and once it's in their all those lines of code make it hard to find.
    I'm going to assume your grammar typo was on purpose, because that makes this statement very witty indeed
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I was curious to see how much they were charging for it on steam and other sites. Steam and humble bundle had it for 29.99$. On fanatical, they had it for 2.99$.
    I did the same, and thanks.. I just bought it.

$3 is a steal.

All the DLC on Steam is $29.99...each....
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    How does something like this fly under the radar from both the coders doing the AI and modders?
    Probably because the tools don't find this shit on their own. If you type something like that in code your compiler will usually yell at you that you just typed rubbish that can't be parsed. If you set up an .ini file or some other text based settings mechanism you rely on the interface that parses this to tell you that you just input garbage or the system autocorrects with a default.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I wouldn't think typos in the code is something most modders think about looking for.
    Don't even know how they can do that when coding software points you to such errors and highlights it with a red swiggly line when it can't find a correlation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't they have debug tools to find typos?! It should instantly inform if there is an invalid command....
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Enjoy our dynamic typing

10+ Year Old Account
    With configuration files, you'll find that they're set up on a per-environment basis. So files like that could have permutations for:
    - Local Dev
    - Build Server
    - Test Server
    - Deployment/Publishing

Someone at some stage fucked up the Deployment package's config with said typo, but they never caught it elsewhere because the "lower environments" were properly set and the process that kept producing the typo was probably set up in their build pipeline, AKA automated. Couple that with .ini parsers being quite flexible (meaning that errors are just read as incorrect input or are just taken as-is) and the error only occurring on the user-side and you have something that flies under the radar for as long as it did.

To top it off, they probably just moved onto their next game and didn't give Aliens the post-release support needed to actually troubleshoot this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I wouldn't call it fixed... It's better but they are still pretty derpy.
    It's fixed in the sense that it is now working the way they intended it to.

Doesn't mean its GOOD AI. Just...working as intended.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    I did the same, and thanks.. I just bought it.

$3 is a steal.

All the DLC on Steam is $29.99...each....
    Yah me too. Had to give it a shot at that low of a price.

Hard to believe. This can not be a typo. When programmers parse/read some external data which corresponds to an abstraction in the code base, they need to convert the string (or whatever) to corresponding abstraction. This is a trivial task but as any other parts, it is prone to error. However, any programmer with an IQ above 80 would log or better assert in case there is a mismatch between expectation and what is being read/parsed.

If you spent hours debugging a parse problem, or let alone pass this shit to production code, you are a shit programmer.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2018-07-14 at 08:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So...Gearbox is not just dishonest as fuck, but they're incompetent? I know they farmed this out to a third party developer, but holy shit...that change alone would have easily given the game another 5-10 points on Metacritic reviews and reduced the tsunami of shit that Gearbox got for this disaster of a game.
    Didn't they farm this out to 5-6 third parties and that's one of the reasons it's an incomprehensible mess?

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Didn't they farm this out to 5-6 third parties and that's one of the reasons it's an incomprehensible mess?
    Yeah, like 5 developers worked on this. Which is why the game is just....a complete mess.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    It's really easy to make a simple typo and once it's in their all those lines of code make it hard to find.
    once it's in there*

It's also kinda odd that something like the AI would be based on a text file you could edit easily...

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    How does something like this fly under the radar from both the coders doing the AI and modders?
    It's actually incredibly easy to misread your code and then go "WTH why isn't it working", go back and strenuously reread your code, and still pass over a typo.

https://gearboxsoftware.bamboohr.com...iew.php?id=117

And Gearbox is trying to be cheeky about this...which comes off to me as incredibly shitty in light of how much of a disaster that game was an how thoroughly Pitchford lied through his teeth leading up to launch.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Is there a video showing the difference before and after fixing the problem?

From what I remembered in that game's reviews, broken AI is one of the many problems that exist.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Is there a video showing the difference before and after fixing the problem?
    PC Gamer link in the OP. It's not always major, but it's definitely noticable in the side-by-sides they have in their piece.