Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    So wait, do the Challenges go away with pre-patch ? For some reason I thought they were staying until actual BFA launch.

Damn, I gotta get my last appearances then ...
    You have two days. Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    How so? I have to keep stopping to hard cast frostbolt which sometimes doesn't work as he has enough speed built up.
    While you have Karam only its Frostbolt spam(with Furry+Ice Lance procs ofc) and that keeps him slowed. When I did it on my frost mage with around 930 ilvl the two blinks were enough to keep distance(and running while using the furry ice lance instants)

You don't even need that. Just infernal tank, mortal coil, bring Karam to Raest pop 2x Seeds with Sow the Seeds talent and Karam dies instantly then it's tank and spank.
    Even easier

My sub rogue has to get through two phases and even then struggling on adds now.

Right now I'm down to:

Frost/MM
    Sub Rogue

All healers but Paladin
    All tanks but Paladin/DH. Keep getting to 5% on DK but then either die to something or Velen takes a poop.
    When I did Xylem on my sub rogue, it has only token gear and i've never played the spec prior to the challenge. On the actual kill I saw only one image phase. Cloak and Spring took care of that. Maybe 4 or 5 spikes and in the void phase, adds twice. Still had about 1/3 of the room free from aoe. The dps the character was doing was about 800k I think
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

I find it a bit hard you nuked Raest at 897. I'm at 927 and best I can do is get him to 30% before mechanics start coming up again.

Unless you are mistaking "nuking" in this case, because a nuke would be like StM where you kill him before 2nd/3rd set of adds and runes.
    No, at 897 I used 20 tries or so wich I wrote. I wrote at the gearlevel we have now you can nuke him down in first phase. On my spriest at 935 a while back I took raest to 4% before Karam got up again, without StM. The other specs I killed him before Karam was up again, except frost mage, wich it was like 20%. All these before the AP-buff, so even easier now.

I took Raest down to 30-40% before Karam was up again at 897. Wich leggos are you using? Belt is awesome. Kite adds over Raest, multi/marked shot then big aimed shots on Raest. On my other hunter at 912 I had other leggos, but then I had Raest to 10-15% because of a lot more traits, it was like 6-7months later.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2018-07-15 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I took Raest down to 30-40% at 897. Wich leggos are you using? Belt is awesome. Kite adds over Raest, multi/marked shot then big aimed shots on Raest. On my other hunter at 912 I had other leggos, but then I had Raest to 10-15% because of a lot more traits, it was like 6-7months later.
    That's part of my problem. All my toons have had crappy luck with legendaries. My hunter only has Apex Ring, FD Helm, Insignia and Surv Chest Piece (from when I was trying to proc the 1st legendary BLP. I wasn't questing the amount of attempts, just being able to nuke him that hard. With all cooldowns blown and standing still I only get to about ~30% before he pops. I also hate the whole "dps while moving" thing on some of those classes along with Explosive Shot (EXTREMELY hate that ability), but it's what everyone recommends on that tier for the AoE. Trying Patient Sniper and still not much better.

That's part of my problem. All my toons have had crappy luck with legendaries. My hunter only has Apex Ring, FD Helm, Insignia and Surv Chest Piece (from when I was trying to proc the 1st legendary BLP. I wasn't questing the amount of attempts, just being able to nuke him that hard. With all cooldowns blown and standing still I only get to about ~30% before he pops. I also hate the whole "dps while moving" thing on some of those classes along with Explosive Shot (EXTREMELY hate that ability), but it's what everyone recommends on that tier for the AoE. Trying Patient Sniper and still not much better.
    Yeah, I get you. I credit the belt(and the two LnL procs at 5% on Raest) that I killed him at 897. The belt is a strong advantage on that fight for sure. I did it both times with Patient Sniper. I can't really remember the second legendary I had on my second hunter, but I had the FD helm at least, think gloves were the 2nd one, and that is of course a good one as well. It is however definitely possible to do it with lesser legendary now. I would go with Patient Sniper if I were you, can kite the adds with trap, binding shot etc while trying to nuke Raest before Karam again, then rinse repeat. Turtle the first rune(with the big add so it doesn't spawn) then you have another 45sec(?) with dpsing Raest before the 2nd rune comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah, I get you. I credit the belt(and the two LnL procs at 5% on Raest) that I killed him at 897. The belt is a strong advantage on that fight for sure. I did it both times with Patient Sniper. I can't really remember the second legendary I had on my second hunter, but I had the FD helm at least, think gloves were the 2nd one, and that is of course a good one as well. It is however definitely possible to do it with lesser legendary now. I would go with Patient Sniper if I were you, can kite the adds with trap, binding shot etc while trying to nuke Raest before Karam again, then rinse repeat. Turtle the first rune(with the big add so it doesn't spawn) then you have another 45sec(?) with dpsing Raest before the 2nd rune comes.
    Did you skip the hands with bursting shot on Karam? I've tried that a few times, but Karam seems to catchup and is untargetable at that time with conc so I have to try to trap maneuver.

Also, I just literally wiped on Kruul at 0.7% because 1 nether add didn't gorefiend grasp with the others and killed Velen >>

Did you skip the hands with bursting shot on Karam? I've tried that a few times, but Karam seems to catchup and is untargetable at that time with conc so I have to try to trap maneuver.

Also, I just literally wiped on Kruul at 0.7% because 1 nether add didn't gorefiend grasp with the others and killed Velen >>
    No, always killed the adds. Interrupted or even used a defensive if Raest was close to dying. Not even sure I've heard about doing it that way you describe it. How does that work?

And that is some shit rng ye :P I only did Kruul on my druid, and I sucked for the most time soooo :P (except the one time I killed him!)

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    My starting advice on all dps challenges except the easiest ones is to spend half an hour at the training dummy. MM hunter will do utter crap dps if you don't get used to how the spec is played so you should do some training before diving in (assuming that it is an alt or spec you barely played that is).
    Yeah, this really. I notice myself on specs I barely play(class hall slaves) that the challenge itself is not hard at all nowadays, but if I can't play the spec, I will use a lot more tries just to learn which buttons to push. When that is done, the challenge gets rather easy. I play my alts Shadow Priest, Boomkin, Warlock rather often, and the challenge were easy. Then say outlaw rogue and fury warrior I struggle more on, even if those are on Agatha both of them(which is mechanically the easiest by far) I did few tries on those at 935 a while back before I made it, but that was more me playing the specs rather bad than the challenge itself.

So yeah, knowing the spec is very important. Which in the end, is what the Solo Challenges are for

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbleach View Post
    Maybe for alts... I had 0 issues with my main around ilvl 930. Wiped 2 or 3 times as Havoc. The times I died were due to bad fel rushes during mirror image phase, like hitting the center pillar or being too far off to one side like a dummy. You get to a point where you over gear it ( which I did ) that it becomes a joke for the most part. I can't exactly speak for every single class... but I imagine the gear drastically helps in all situations.
    This isn't the Havoc fight. :P
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Should be saying this shit to sigryn. Bitch for demo lock was damn near mathematicaly impossible as demo lock at the launch of mt. Too much damage and too much movement for the demo lock. Never saw one demolock in game that got it when it was current.(that being said I did see like one guy on forums) I was more pissed off that my friends who rolled different classes got theirs within 5 tries. My best attempt then at launch was 25% or 5% if you want to look at it that way. It also didn’t help that the fight lasted 5-10mins then.

Edit: you also had to play demo completely different than what you’re supposed to do so that made it not fun at all. Imo
    Last edited by Usernameforforums; 2018-07-15 at 12:39 PM.

Lol after 1.5 year people still failing that with all the better gear Maybe you need to stop playing that specs

Yea, can't do shadow priest with 966 ilvl but one shot it with balance druid.

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    I managed to get the last ones done a couple weeks ago and I will say frost mage challenge pissed me off. Keeping things shared wasn’t the problem, keeping those little adds alive in order to keep frozen orb going was a bitch. I didn’t have any good frost legendary (just the comet storm helm), didn’t have prydaz or sephuze. Fucking hand from beyond were horrible since I couldn’t get ice lance procs enough. Ended up going with facial spike just for them. I think I spent about 40 attempts before I got them down with 939 ilvl. In comparasing, marks did it in 3 tries at 906, shadowpriest 4 tries at 915 (one shot once I switched to s2m) moonkin 13 tries at 925 (he was the first one I did the fight on).
    This was exactly my problem too. Took me ~50 attempts and for most of those the only legendaries I had were Norgannon's boots and Kil'Jaeden's trinket, both rather useless for the encounter. I eventually got enough Wakening Essence to buy one legendary and ended up with the ice lance bracers. It wasn't until I specced out of Splitting Ice that I finally beat it though. I think the cleave from that talent was killing the adds too quickly. I'd get to the final phase, orb would be on cooldown, and I'd have to hard cast Blizzard with 3 adds or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Yea, can't do shadow priest with 966 ilvl but one shot it with balance druid.
    It took me about 12 attempts to time S2M right and then I ended up getting it by accident when I switched out Mindbender for Power Infusion. My priest is ilvl 930 and this was without consumables, so I'm sure you could do it.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

7+ Year Old Account
    I did mage in 891 ilvl, its a joke. I feel like that fight was built for frost in mind, it was so trivial. 0 legendaries, 0 tier, 891 ilvl. LOL indeed.

Kruul (and Variss) can forever eat a fat bag of shit in Warcraft hell.

Bursting Shot on Karam / Ice Trap + burning Raest to 40%ish (with Drums) + then managing Hands / slowing Karam after he woke up while focusing on Raest worked for me. He died just as the first Rune of Summoning went off.

Did that with garbo optimized 905ish gear and the Argus ring as my only legendary. The main thing is just focusing on Raest as much as possible. I didn’t even bother with the shadow adds unless they got in the way of Explosive Shot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Kruul (and Variss) can forever eat a fat bag of shit in Warcraft hell.
    Doing it on a Demon Hunter trivializes the whole encounter lmao
    Last edited by Broken Fox; 2018-07-15 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by element zero View Post
    Bursting Shot on Karam / Ice Trap + burning Raest to 40%ish (with Drums) + then managing Hands / slowing Karam after he woke up while focusing on Raest worked for me. He died just as the first Rune of Summoning went off.

Did that with garbo optimized 905ish gear and the Argus ring as my only legendary. The main thing is just focusing on Raest as much as possible. I didn’t even bother with the shadow adds unless they got in the way of Explosive Shot.
    Hm....weird if you burst shotted him as he went into purgatory then you skip hands and only need to kite him until he hits purgatory a 2nd time.

Hm....weird if you burst shotted him as he went into purgatory then you skip hands and only need to kite him until he hits purgatory a 2nd time.
    Oh.. you're right actually lol. I'm mixing up strats. I just rewatched my kill and I fucked up the Bursting Shot so I just burned Raest to 40% with Drums, quickly dealt with Karam/Hands, then went off on Raest and killed him as the first Rune went off.

I'd still go with the Bursting Shot/burn strategy if you're decently geared. I did it that way on another Hunter and it was way less of a hassle. Ice trap Karam and stay as far away as possible, the range on MM is massive and you can shoot through most of the terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by element zero View Post
    Oh.. you're right actually lol. I'm mixing up strats. I just rewatched my kill and I fucked up the Bursting Shot so I just burned Raest to 40% with Drums, quickly dealt with Karam/Hands, then went off on Raest and killed him as the first Rune went off.

I'd still go with the Bursting Shot/burn strategy if you're decently geared. I did it that way on another Hunter and it was way less of a hassle. Ice trap Karam and stay as far away as possible, the range on MM is massive and you can shoot through most of the terrain.
    Ah yeah, that makes sense. What I hate is the range on Bursting Shot is extremely close, whereas all the other classes are ranged.

I may have to play around with it more. Down to 10 and I want BrM/Guardian at least. My MM spec is like 925, just feels like wet noodles even waiting for procs and stuff. Plus I hate moving while dps'ing especially on tight encounters like that as my hands have swelling problems with the heat so trying to do it doesn't help. Watching some of my videos I find myself stopping to hit an ability and then moving. Or as I'm moving and dps'ing I move to one spot at a harder angle so it messes up or I get caught on geometry. I've heard about keeping him in the middle circle only, but I find that a bit harder to do.

Ah yeah, that makes sense. What I hate is the range on Bursting Shot is extremely close, whereas all the other classes are ranged.

I may have to play around with it more. Down to 10 and I want BrM/Guardian at least. My MM spec is like 925, just feels like wet noodles even waiting for procs and stuff. Plus I hate moving while dps'ing especially on tight encounters like that as my hands have swelling problems with the heat so trying to do it doesn't help. Watching some of my videos I find myself stopping to hit an ability and then moving. Or as I'm moving and dps'ing I move to one spot at a harder angle so it messes up or I get caught on geometry. I've heard about keeping him in the middle circle only, but I find that a bit harder to do.
    Always jump to shoot while kiting. You turn to face the target in mid air while still keeping up your momentum. Jump > Boom > Jump > Boom > Jump > Boom. You should only stop to use Windburst and Aimed Shot.
    Last edited by Broken Fox; 2018-07-15 at 09:48 PM.