~60K viewers for an Arena Tournament?

What? When did Arena become so popular. I remember Blizzcon Finals had like 35k but now 60k for the qualification rounds. Did Blizz do something recently to increase interest in Arenas

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Last legion tournament I believe

Deleted
    they put it in the launcher on autoplay i think, but ye last tournament of legion so that helps a bit aswell

10+ Year Old Account
    No doc,shroud or ninja streaming so probably no one else to watch i turned off once i saw 50% dampening game.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Last legion tournament I believe
    True, this probably has something to do with it. Hope it gets more popular. I love Arenas

Deleted
    Definietly as step in the right direction, some great games too!

It was auto-playing on the Bnet launcher, not sure if that skews viewer numbers or not.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

I checked it out for a bit, and shut it off when it devolved into a mass dampening fuckfest.

That shit is so boring to watch.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

better comp nearly always wins - just boring to watch. But hey it's nice for people who still enjoy it.

I would have missed it if it wasnt in the launcher. I see a lot of people saying the games were garbage but I enjoyed them. The level of play now-a-days is pretty high level. The breakdowns that they gave were also pretty good. Niqo was really great at showing the fancy plays that helped win games.

I think this was probably one of the best tournament, people saying it was a dampening fuck-fest must only have seen 1-2 games.

Also I must say that I love Joe Fernandes, he was the best commentator by far.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethidia View Post
    Also I must say that I love Joe Fernandes, he was the best commentator by far.
    I agree, it was nice having a new voice instead of Supatease screaming the whole time like he is winded.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecasinnet View Post
    I agree, it was nice having a new voice instead of Supatease screaming the whole time like he is winded.
    Didnt watch the tournament. Did Joe bitch and whine about everything as he usually does on his own stream?

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    view-boting
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

Deleted
    Not bad but they got 180k live viewers back in the MLG days before streaming was even a thing. Goes to show that if blizzard ever pull their finger out and improve pvp it will absolutely crush lolmythic+ for stream popularity.

People want to watch the best players, not the best pve rotations.

Whenever I see those numbers I think that they are botting or being botted. Sometimes the chat does move fast, but at other times.. yikes.

Maybe not though, because the game is quite popular around the world, probably in places I can't even think of.

Also rewards were more encouraging than ever. Potentially increasing the viewers attention.