Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Mage Tower is not hard. Period. I took my Druid with GREEN gear on Thursday 12. I managed to gear up to 920 ilvl in 3 days, mostly from the vendor guy in vindicaar and a few peiecs of LFR (i admit i played a bit more since i am on vacation so i was able to farm crystal), with 1 crafted legendary. ONLY ONE LEGENDARY. And i managed to clear 3 out of 4 Mage Tower challenge (tank, balance, feral). In 3 days.

I guess 2 years was more then enough.
    This is such a delicious comment. It's telling that people just want to feel entitled.

Dude, you didn't accomplish anything special. You facerolled it with an overpowered weapon. You don't deserve it in the first place. Because you got it now is the same reason why new players should be able to get it aswell.

The only time where these weapon skins were special was a year ago. Now, they are meaningless. One has to be stuck up to care anymore.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-07-17 at 09:57 AM.

This is nothing new, it happened since.. vanilla really, why cant everyone get scarab lord?, i mean i paid for the game then, sure i didnt want to spend my time getting it but i paid right

and i want ateish too, while were at it, oh and corrupted ashbringer

Actually, since im a PAYING -CUSTOMER- and the customer is always right, right?.
    Can we make it so i get all gear and transmogs from all previous and non-current raid tiers?, i mean i paid for it, it doesnt matter that i didnt want to do the content when it was new.

Holinka, pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    This is such a delicious comment. It's telling that people just want to feel entitled.

Dude, you didn't accomplish anything special. You facerolled it with an overpowered weapon. You don't deserve it in the first place. Because you got it now is the same reason why new players should be able to get it aswell.

The only time where these weapon skins were special was a year ago. Now, they are meaningless. One has to be stuck up to care anymore.
    Kinda torn on the issue myself. I'm all for timed exclusivity but I'm pretty against things being removed from the game... maybe bmah one day along with older CM weapons and tier.

So... you mean like mythic raids? They are steamroll able and even solo able 2 expansions later. Do you have problems with that? Why do you care if someone gets the stuff years later when no one cares anymore? What's special is to get it once it comes out. Like, right now it's already messed up. Those of us that did these towers at the end of the Nighthold tier struggled a lot more than those that just got the empowered artifact now. Is it fair? We did it one year ago and other people are just face rolling it now with their OP weapon.

See, there's no point to what you are saying. No one cares anymore. I don't see why there is a need to tell new players that they can't get cool stuff that could make them stick around and might push them away instead.
    End of expansion curve mounts get removed, guaranteed mount drops from bosses get reduced to <1%. There are plenty of special rewards that are being either removed or reduced to near nothingness in droprates, it gives meaning to accomplishments when people are able to show them. Take that away and the accomplishment isn't the same anymore.

Mage tower offers one reward and thats the transmog (apart from the achievements, not sure if those are going away as I haven't really cared about the whole thing). You either work for it now or you don't get it, ever. Period.

Limited stuff has existed since TBC. If I recall correctly the first item that was removed come a new expansion was the ZA bear mount. It is nothing new and I don’t see why people need to complain about it.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post

They will probably make downgraded versions in some later content, though, like they have re-introduced MoP CM sets as downgraded recolours in OH class sets in Legion. They could put the skins on the BMAH. They can add them to the shop as vanity items. Who knows.
    Or they could just leave them available as is with no additional work at all. Drop and achievement similar to cutting edge for raids to let people whip out their epeen about how they did it when it was REALLY challenging.

Minimum effort and dev time, elitist get to be elite, and collectors get to collect. The only real losers are the toxic "you can't ever have the same stuff as me" types.

Deleted

WRONG

And numbers, not my opinion, tells that you are WRONG. Check the % of completition, they are still low as hell.

Mage Tower is not hard, but the vast majority of player can't complete it. That's why, even with all the power ups we have, it's still not faceroll.

And, by the way, before you acting like an asshole, you shuold know that i don't give a flying shit if they will be obtainable in BfA. If they will, the better for others.

My point is that the "above" average player, someone who can go read a guide, can do this challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Right, exactly what I mean - lack of a realistic worldview. Do you think anything even close to a majority is in a position to be able to/want to boost for gold?
    Yeah, boosting a +15 since 7.3.5 is a joke. Customers are friendly, and heck, once or twice weve used some bad alts for boosting in a tough week, but depleted a 15 or two. I didnt ask you to do what i do now. Boost 3-4 ppl every week on mythic argus for CE/Mount, boost 2-3 ppl for guldan mount, or run 2 chosen runs with 4 buyers each that is. I make around 1.5 million each week, which is approximately 5 tokens in my region, and i would never consider asking the average playerbase to do the same.

Now, if you cant complete 4 m+ in time with 3 good friends at our gear levels, once a month, well lets just say you are well below average and you should stick to herb farming mate. I know ppl who boost m+ and still wipe on argus hc lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Yeah, boosting a +15 since 7.3.5 is a joke. Customers are friendly, and heck, once or twice weve used some bad alts for boosting in a tough week, but depleted a 15 or two. I didnt ask you to do what i do now. Boost 3-4 ppl every week on mythic argus for CE/Mount, boost 2-3 ppl for guldan mount, or run 2 chosen runs with 4 buyers each that is. I make around 1.5 million each week, which is approximately 5 tokens in my region, and i would never consider asking the average playerbase to do the same.

Now, if you cant complete 4 m+ in time with 3 good friends at our gear levels, once a month, well lets just say you are well below average and you should stick to herb farming mate. I know ppl who boost m+ and still wipe on argus hc lol.
    Not sure why you think I'm talking about myself. We all have to be proud of something I suppose. What this was about was that someone said that MOST people pay for their sub with gold, which is ridiculous.

Not sure why you think I'm talking about myself. We all have to be proud of something I suppose. What this was about was that someone said that MOST people pay for their sub with gold, which is ridiculous.
    Not sure why you think I am talking about yourself specifically. I dont know who you are, therefore 'you' in this case is used as a generalisation

Not sure why you think I am talking about yourself specifically. I dont know who you are, therefore 'you' in this case is used as a generalisation
    Even more in that case, you'd have to be pretty dense to think that most people are able to pay for a token every month with gold. Must be the kind of player to also think they speak for the majority about minor game changes.

Even more in that case, you'd have to be pretty dense to think that most people are able to pay for a token every month with gold. Must be the kind of player to also think they speak for the majority about minor game changes.
    Getting down to petty insults I see? Fair enough, talk to you when you have a better argument, you'd be surprised at how many are boosting for a token. The only ones who arent are just downright unskilled, or do not care enough to spend literally 2 hours monthly to gather 4 tokens for a full group. But sure, call me dense, and keep farming herbs, smart boi.

Getting down to petty insults I see? Fair enough, talk to you when you have a better argument, you'd be surprised at how many are boosting for a token. The only ones who arent are just downright unskilled, or do not care enough to spend literally 2 hours monthly to gather 4 tokens for a full group. But sure, call me dense, and keep farming herbs, smart boi.
    Definitely dense if you think a majority of the playerbase boosts. Jesus christ. I'll go back to my original statement about the lack of a realistic worldview and consider that guess a fact.

In all honesty, I think it's a pretty poor practice, and one I think is slowly taking its toll on the remaining player-base.

I feel Blizzard would be a lot better off trying to keep some of their old content relevant by properly scaling it up with future content. But Blizzard probably sees a spike in player activity just before content is "retired", and erroneously attributes that as "successful". I mean, sure, maybe in the short-term, but long-term? I think it's a huge mistake.

Definitely dense if you think a majority of the playerbase boosts. Jesus christ. I'll go back to my original statement about the lack of a realistic worldview and consider that guess a fact.
    No one said majority, there is a reason blizz had to step in and stop the boost spam in the group finder tool. Anyway, you just keep twisting my words to further justify your mean insults, of which i will have no more. Ciao.

No one said majority, there is a reason blizz had to step in and stop the boost spam in the group finder tool. Anyway, you just keep twisting my words to further justify your mean insults, of which i will have no more. Ciao.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylamoo View Post
    First off.. Paying 15 a month? I doubt many do that, at least in the regions you probably think. Most are paying with gold these days, lets be real.
    Be offended if you want, but you're the one who butted into someone else's argument and called people bad for not boosting.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Blizzard has us by the balls with this. .
    No, they don't. The only people that feel this way are the ones obsessed with whatever limited event they are running.

Living in a boosted world boosts that big brain of your into thinking you are the majority when in fact you're not.

You do realize if more people were boosting the prices would drop, right? Or you'd simply run out of customers. Same as the people who keep telling others they should be flipping the AH...