View Poll Results: Should rings and necklaces be removed?

Voters
133. This poll is closed
  • No

120 90.23%
  • Yes!

13 9.77%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I voted yes... just for how this stuff works currently. I think they need an overhaul how they are used. No main stats, only secondary/tertiary stats and "effects" either on use or procs. making them interesting and impactful.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    This thread just made me miss totems/idols/librams. Well the pre-cata ones, those that did unique things and weren't just stat-sticks
    I wish they'd bring them back. They added flavor to each class that I really enjoyed. Hell, it'd be cool if they added ammo or a quiver as an additional slot for Hunters (though in my mind you wouldn't burn through it, it'd just add a special effect to your character in terms of damage, speed, whatever). Then they should add those visual cosmetic add-ons to go with.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    *snip*
    Stop giving us unobtainable dreams damn it

grats on making the worst suggestion i've seen in a while.
    We humans have to stick together

Quote Originally Posted by Valette View Post
    I would rather see them add ring and neck visuals. So you can actually see the rings and necklace on your character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutrition View Post
    Would be nice... I know there is a cloth glove model that has a ring as part of it so I think they have at least played with the idea.
    Do you have the Toy "Black Ice" it's a "ring" and it's visible on your finger, when you use it. It also doesn't have a "duration".

If anything I'd like to see them add a new slot by bringing back the Relic system as the "artifact power" item for the next expansion. Would be particularly cool if they were visible on your character as well and have cosmetic customization like the Legion Artifacts. Things like a Totem for Shaman or Libram for Paladins that you could earn multiple skins, colors, etc. for. They were already kinda working on a purely cosmetic version of this previously, so I imagine there's some code still floating around that they could easily adapt. I particularly prefer this, because as it would be an additional slot, it would not need any stats on it, as we would have all the stat slots available for free use, which means they could instead use the Relic to give it more unique benefits (like Legion Legendary Effects, or gold traits, etc.)

*Edit - A word

Just one piece of gear called "armor" and it only grows stronger by putting points into it. You get less points for doing hard content because that is what makes it hard. Perfect game. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Should gear be removed after BfA?

They’re nothing but stat sticks like librams, totems, druid idols and what not. They serve no purpose other than to bloat stats. I think its time to retire them.
    C'mon this is ridiculous and you know it.

VISUAL gear is interesting, INVISIBLE stat sticks are not (well apparently they are to some because reasons).

No, I'd rather they add a few more ring slots considering every race has more than two fingers.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fuck no...

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    They’re nothing but stat sticks like librams, totems, druid idols and what not. They have no appearance and serve no purpose other than to bloat stats. I think its time to retire them.
    I would be fine with them getting rid of rings if we got class-specific stat items that showed on our chars as you mentioned. As they exist now, without visual representation, I've always felt they're no different from wands being invisible stat sticks on weapon swap like in Cata and earlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Do you have the Toy "Black Ice" it's a "ring" and it's visible on your finger, when you use it. It also doesn't have a "duration".
    Sadly its bugged with the bloodelf/voidelf model, and will float far infront of your hand

Quote Originally Posted by Valette View Post
    Sadly its bugged with the bloodelf/voidelf model, and will float far infront of your hand
    I'm actually wondering how much of a bug it is... because I've two Mages, one was Draenei, one was Human, Both Race Changed to Void Elves. The Post Human one, it works fine, the post Draenei one, does what you state. Here's the thing though... My Draenei Mage, when she used "Orb of the Sin'dorei" and turned Blood Elf, it did it then too. All prior to Void Elves being a thing.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    I would like everything equipped to have a graphic. And to be honest I cant stand getting another ring with sub par stats from my loot boxes so I voted yes but I would be more than fine with them if there was a graphic attached. I just don't much care for stat items just for stats.

Yeah that's get rid of a traditional pieces of rpg gear, what a great idea!

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would rather they move trinket effects to necks and rings.
    Makes more sense to me to have the enchanted jewelry be the source of the fun extra stuff that occurs.
    It's also more in line with typical high fantasy.
    A ring of power, a necklace of incantation, so on and so forth.
    Making necks and rings visible could be similar to a subtle visibility like wrists, where you hardly see them if you have chest armor with long sleeves, a shirt on, or gloves that approach the forearm, so then your concern over lack of visibility of these items could be sated as well.

t's time for OP to play a simple pay to win mobile game.

5+ Year Old Account
    I hate being the dude that just shits on someone else's idea, but this idea is truly dumb.

Gear hasn't been interesting ever since WOD came out. Sockets still mattered in MOP and items still had some personality, but after that you really didn't have a reason to care anymore. You just choose the best 2-stat setup for your class and that was it. I can't believe this lazy item design has stayed for 5 years without anyone really complaining about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    They’re nothing but stat sticks like librams, totems, druid idols and what not. They have no appearance and serve no purpose other than to bloat stats. I think its time to retire them.
    Is "stat sticks" confusing you? With rings u can focus on the secondaries u need for u spec. Do u want all trinkets to be replaced with "flat main stat and +10% of ur highest secondary" Maybe removing the name of stats with "good", "not soo good" and "bad"

And for neck, u not read up on BFA?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s