Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolfor View Post
    I know this is going several pages back, but I just had to comment on this. You did the challenges after completing the AP-maxing quests to juice up your artifacts. That's a MASSIVE amount of free power that wasn't available for the vast majority of the Mage Tower's lifespan. Yeah, they WOULD be a heck of a lot easier after you go from like 24 ranks in Concordance of Legionfall up to about 200 ranks!
    That IS my complaint though... this past week the mage towers were a COMPLETE push over. To me there's no difference going in with max AP, or going in at level 120. Both are trivial encounters, one obviously being more trivial... but push overs nontheless. The reasoning for removing them is none other than to reward people for "being there" rather than actually accomplishing something of noteworthy difficulty.

TBH if they wanted to give it a sense of prestige, then it should have been removed when Argus came out. Removing it now serves no purpose than give less options for future players.

The healing one wasn't really a test of your ability to... y'know... heal.

I mean, there was healing involved. But mostly it was testing your capacity to carry a group that sucks at literally everything.

It was kinda infuriating. Especially 'cuz the only one I thought I had any chance at at all was Holy Priest, and I beat my head against it until I just got sick of trying.

I really wanted to get the limited time thing done for once.

And of course Blizz trolls me by dropping Prydaz from a chest in Mac'Aree 30 mins before maintenance....

Tried Ret, not happening. Probably doable with more time to learn the fight but honestly, while the shattered Ashbringer is badass, I would probably stick with the fire one for this character if I ever played Ret.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolfor View Post
    I know this is going several pages back, but I just had to comment on this. You did the challenges after completing the AP-maxing quests to juice up your artifacts. That's a MASSIVE amount of free power that wasn't available for the vast majority of the Mage Tower's lifespan. Yeah, they WOULD be a heck of a lot easier after you go from like 24 ranks in Concordance of Legionfall up to about 200 ranks!
    But you know what, dude? That person actually went out and did it. Blizzard did us all a solid when they maxed out the weapons: that was their way of telling us that we were out of excuses. The last weapon I had left to do was the SV weapon, and given how little I play that spec, I really appreciated it!

I learned that while I like ret and feral, I'm not exactly very good at them, and with my play time getting shorter and shorter, maybe it's time for me to focus down on one or two classes, and just leave it at that.

I'll preface by saying I actually did end up enjoying testing my mettle in the challenges going as far as doing ones I didn't like the skins for just to see if I could. Learning those encounters taught me more than leveling from 1-110. I'm disappointed I wasn't able to get to all of them, but I got 24/36.

However, I have a lot of issues with how it was implemented. I felt it was objectively unfair. The scheduling before it was available 24/7, the discrepancy in gear available to players largely based on what end game content you did, and the amount of gold required for consumables per attempts. All of these contributed to the challenges not being a level playing field for everyone.

I didn't like the disparity between rewards. Ideally, they should have all been minor variations of the base artifact skin, and many were, but the addition of completely unique models there are no alternatives for in the game (e.g. werebear & flails) was excessive. There's a difference between providing an incentive to participate in content and making it so special players feel compelled do it. The fact they're limited time only content made it worse.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Overall yes, but I felt it got a little easy with the free boost to our artifacts, and access to Antorus/ToS gear. I would have preferred to lock it to a maximum item level. When I actually got around to doing it on my alts, I one or two shot nearly every attempt (granted I also watched a video beforehand, so I knew what to do). The extra gear made mistakes far less punishing.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Overall yes, but I felt it got a little easy with the free boost to our artifacts, and access to Antorus/ToS gear. I would have preferred to lock it to a maximum item level. When I actually got around to doing it on my alts, I one or two shot nearly every attempt (granted I also watched a video beforehand, so I knew what to do). The extra gear made mistakes far less punishing.
    Ya'll fellows with the luxury of gear, me being a lazy guildless cunt with no friends playing this game anymore and not wanting to pay gold for crafted gear or boosts, I was trying the challenges with lowest gear possible to get it asap, ended up doing UH DK at 873, no crucible, no leggos, tiers. Last minute challenge, was afraid I'd not make it, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be

I definitely regret not getting my rogue and hunter geared enough to do them, both of them well below 900ilvl. Especially rogue. I am very happy with my last minute sprint though, I got more than 10 of them done in the last couple of days on alts as low as ~910ilvl. I could have done my monk too but I was just too tired.

I really despise Affliction Warlock challenge, since it require a lot of cheesing or being lucky and having bloody legendary "slow" ring ... Really like in every 3 pulls mob wouldn't aggro on infernal which was only way to do it without ring. IMO all those challenges were unbalanced and bugged as hell (on few pulls boss would do ... absolutely nothing for like 10sec - and it wasn't lag because I was doing dps), and I don't see why it is ok if someone had luck that game code had hiccup after pull nr XXXX so he could finish it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

I hope they maintain things like this going forward. Much like the Brawler's Guild it provided a single player challenge for me to justify spending all that time raiding to gear for. I'm not just going to "gear for gearing's sake". Though Legion did pretty well with making the higher versions of boss fights be a unique challenge rather than feeling like the same fight with bigger health and damage pools. I still don't think I would've progressed all the way to mythic (well, one boss...) raiding without that out-of-raiding motivation.

I got my challenge appearance on my rogue AND even my druid alt! I am happy with that.

I only worked on the skins that actually looked good IMO. Bear druid, cat druid, Prot Warrior, Prot Pally, etc. But as someone has mentioned some of the skins sucked IMO, so I didn't even bother.

I'm OK with the idea, but I didn't get mine done - way way way too hard for the only spec I wanted.

But if there isn't stuff that is too hard - then there really isn't anything to aspire to.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I got all 36 a couple of weeks ago, but yes, I'm pretty satisfied. I'll be mogging into them probably regardless if I like the skin or not, just because of the accomplishment. Kruul was such a pain in the ass but man did it feel real good every single time I got him down.

Overall I liked having something I could attempt on my own and devote some time to. I also like how a little community formed around the towers with people giving out tips, advice and encouragement to others. Sure there was a lot of 'git gud' but there was a lot of helpful folks too. I hope they implement something like this again.

I completed 21/36 and got all of the ones I really wanted, plus some others. Only ones I didn't finish were all 3 mage specs, as and sub rogue, arms and fury war, spriest, bm hunter, balance, and all 3 mage specs. There were a couple I would have liked to have gotten but didn't finish in time (Frost, Arcane, Balance, Hpally). Part of it was time (I couldn't even really focus on finishing up leveling/gearing process until end of May when the semester ended) and it was hard not to get burned out just running LFR/invasions/argus on 12 characters over and over.

Only one I did pre-Silithus was my main (prot pally) which I did at 922 with Saruan's and Soul of the Highlord (never did get Tyelca), rest I did after Silithus which definitely helped. All of my guys were in the 915-925 range with the Argus ring and some had 1 other legendary (only one that was actually really good for their class was legs on my Frost Dk, Prydaz on my lock, and KJ Wish on my druid, and wrists on my MM hunter), rest were all spec-specific that weren't really helpful.

I think what frustrated me so much about them was that I spent so much time focused on getting guys leveled up and geared to do them that I neglected a lot of other things I would have liked to do (like get guys geared enough to get the Chosen and Mythic HoV xmogs. Every group wanted 950-960+ ilvl). I also found it frustrating how the difficulty level could vary so wildly between classes/specs on the same scenario (see: BM monk vs Prot Pally, Twins on Aff lock with cheese vs any other spec, etc) and how some specs had a greatly increased difficulty unless they had certain leggos. Since I was able to get the xmogs I really wanted the most (yay on getting the two flails!) I'm not as bothered by it, but it still kind of left a bad taste in my mouth with it having such wildly varying difficulty levels and a limited time frame.

I've never been one to support removing content, which I say as someone who has been playing since vanilla and has a lot of things you can't get anymore. So I feel the same way about this as I do about old Naxx/anything pre-cata, the MoP/WoD legendary questlines and challenge mods, and the numerous mounts and titles. Keep it in the game. If people want something to brag about to show they did it when it was current then give them a FoS with a time-stamp on it so they can prove that they did it before everyone else. But don't remove content.

The next time they do a Mage Tower challenge, they need to tune it for each spec. The healer ones were half dps races, half burst spam healing. I missed out on my rogue's subtlety weapon because I couldn't CC/DPS the voids, ran out of nethershards, and time.. On the other hand, I easily got 3/3 on my rarely played Warlock who was missing relics in their Artifact weapon. Go figure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty happy with it. Only one I didn’t get that I wanted was prot warrior. Poor legendaries + low tolerance for bullshit kept me away from it.

Ended up finishing blood DK, vengeance and havoc DH, and Afflction and Destro lock skins.

Really think they dropped the ball with protection challenges though. Little to no tanking, and too much DPS check
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Anyone tried MT after pre-patch or are they disabled already?

I wanted to do frost DK and holy pala but haven´t found the time to do before pre patch hit

Deleted
    Yup; even with the buffs we have gotten it wasn't really just handed out.
    I've completed 5 different ones (Ret, Prot Pally, Holy, Outlaw and survival) and no matter what people say they haven't been quite that easy. You did have to show your knowledge of the classes to complete them, which is probably why i didn't complete BM hunter challange (not good with multi-target fights and interrupts).

I didn't have the patience to get every single one. But I got all the ones I really cared about. All three of the DK skins (my main) both the warglaives, the unique Druid forms, and the two flails. I think I ended up at 14 or so. I'm sure there's others I would have liked to have, but eventually it got to the point where it wasn't worth the time and effort.

I do like the general concept and hope they do more stuff like it in the future.