Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    not really seeing as the hardest part of the mage tower challenge wasn't the actual mage tower challenge itself but rather levelling up all the different classes, gearing up each spec properly and having the right legendaries at hand to complete the challenges, it's something i would have loved to do on alts but i just do not have the time nor the willingness anymore to spend on grinding to make all that happen, i did them all on my main and my main alt, that's it, i just have to resign myself to the fact i will never have the werebear skins or the whole crusader flail etc.

Yes and no.. it was ok until the end of June.

I mean, now I have done on alts I barely play on specs I barely play... when they empowered the artifacts they made it all possible and turned a reward for actually playing your character into a regular cosmetic reward.

It kind of defeats the purpose isn't it? Sure, I did all those quests to unlock the tower, but it completely removed the effort of grinding artifact power and made the appearances a lot less rare than they should have been IMO.

And again, I had fun getting them, but I feel a little bad for the person who spent a lot of time doing it at 905 ilvl back in the days.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a player living in Asia playing on the European server I hate it:
    It is absolutely impossible to complete with a ping of 500ms+

I just wished they didn't remove it at BfA so I can try longer and hope for a better ping on a try

I got 17/36, since the other 19 were from specs that I didnt play much or didnt even have the weapon so I was lazy to get them

Although I didn't like most of the appearances (Prot Pally is damn nice though) I loved the challenge. Wish more of leveling process included challenges rather than just a mind-numbing experience

I would be happy to see a permanent version of these come back that scales you down like Proving Grounds, time walking or the old challenge modes. It would be fun to try to beat them again, even if not for the rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Not that I personally care if you're lying, but this sounds like BS considering the effort some of us had to put in (particularly tanks). So, links or it didn't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Wish it had been under the same system as challenge modes (locking your ilvl to a certain number). Resubbed 2 days ago and got 11 skins I wanted within 3 attempts each, at around 905ilvl with max AP. Were absolute pushovers (tank&dps ones only) removing any sense of accomplishment. Which is why I dont agree with them being removed... they were not hard, they aren't a sign of being "good" they're a sign of "being there". And IMO any content that is removed simply because of time is bad for WoW.
    Definitely BS, coming from someone who did all 36.

On topic, I'm a fan of it, just like I was a fan of Warlock Green Fire when it was current.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nutrition View Post
    I had fun but some classes felt like a circle shape smashed into a square hole.

Arcane mage while not extremely hard felt really,really weird. I can't think of any encounter wow that had you playing a class so drastically different from how it was "supposed" to be played.

Affliction lock suffers from that as well. Without cheesing the encounter or having the slow ring the challenge was extraordinary hard.

Fel totem could of been deleted it really was easy compared to the other challenges.

Overall felt it was really well done. Gave a great prestige reward during its tier and a nifty take home prize for those who needed more gear later.
    Biggest surprise after doing all 36 was that BM Hunter was one of the harder DPS challenges - which was surprising given it's BM (one of the easiest specs ingame) and Tugar (what I thought was definitely the easiest challenge for all specs).

Got the ones I wanted (and some I didn't), satisfied with my "progress" I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Fun small challenges but shit skins is my personal opinion.
    Out of 36 skins you think they all shit? I know some people are hard to please but this is pretty extreme...

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad most of the appearances I liked were locked behind Mage tower, rather than bgs or balance of power. It was fun earning them through a mini challenge. I really liked holy priest but I don't like the play style of priest/never play priest anymore.. so it's only a slight regret ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Out of 36 skins you think they all shit? I know some people are hard to please but this is pretty extreme...
    Yes, none actually looked that nice... some of my favorites were the hidden holy paladin skin.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I think it needs to be looked at seriously if they plan to reuse the idea. The degrees of difficulty that the different challenges swung from insanely easy to really hard were completely dumb.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Biggest surprise after doing all 36 was that BM Hunter was one of the harder DPS challenges - which was surprising given it's BM (one of the easiest specs ingame) and Tugar (what I thought was definitely the easiest challenge for all specs).
    its all relative as hell- and all depends on gear you had - most of people are straight laying about itlv in which they did them - instead be honests and tell - yes for me it was a joke because i went in there in 960 itlv . at this itlv i did BM and it looked like this - i did 0 interupts , i had pet in wrong spec and still 1 shot it . on the other hand on my 933 lock i had like 8 wipes because i was missing interupts and stupid infernal kept dying eventually and if it died it couldnt regain agro making it 10 times more harder then on hunter . i dont doubt that if my lock would be 960 i would have enough dps to ignore mechanics and 1 shot it too. same on monk - complete joke due to shrot timer on interupts and aoe destroying adds but my monk was 947 and i cba to pretend that at 900 itlv with that much less dps it would be 1 shot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    I think it needs to be looked at seriously if they plan to reuse the idea. The degrees of difficulty that the different challenges swung from insanely easy to really hard were completely dumb.
    kinda agreed but not really - the biggest "jump" was coming from fast that at certain itlv you could just dps through everything . while done at much lower level chalenges that were more strat dependent then the ones dps dependednt were much much closer toghether. anyone claiming that agatha at 900 was utter joke is either extremly hardcore and good player or openly lying. because average player would get simply overrun with adds .

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its all relative as hell- and all depends on gear you had - most of people are straight laying about itlv in which they did them - instead be honests and tell - yes for me it was a joke because i went in there in 960 itlv . at this itlv i did BM and it looked like this - i did 0 interupts , i had pet in wrong spec and still 1 shot it . on the other hand on my 933 lock i had like 8 wipes because i was missing interupts and stupid infernal kept dying eventually and if it died it couldnt regain agro making it 10 times more harder then on hunter . i dont doubt that if my lock would be 960 i would have enough dps to ignore mechanics and 1 shot it too. same on monk - complete joke due to shrot timer on interupts and aoe destroying adds but my monk was 947 and i cba to pretend that at 900 itlv with that much less dps it would be 1 shot.
    Yeah, I see people claiming they 2-3 shotted every challenge with ilvl 900-905. I did many challenges at that ilvl, but very few if any were 2-3 shots. The only ones I remember being THAT easy at that ilvl was Vengeance DH and Prot Paladin (and mainly because I'd done them as Prot Warrior and Guardian Druid at around 900-910 without decent legendaries before the concordance buff - which was a pain). Most others took me at least 5-10 attempts, and others just forced me to gear up.

I didn't get to try all of them with low ilvl, but to say they're all stupidly easy at ~900 ilvl is exaggerating.

5+ Year Old Account
    I liked it very much, it was fun! However, I only tried it with an ilvl of >950, which made the whole thing trivial, so I can't really tell how difficult it was supposed to be...
    ... for all that comes to be deserves to perish wretchedly.

Deathlord Suilea - Die Aldor(EU)

I had just one that I really wanted, the prot paladin one, because it would be great to have a flail weapon for my Simon Belmont mog. But once I've gotten it, I read that it was one of the harder challenges, so I thought that I might have a chance on the rest of them too. The last few days, I've finished 16 challenges, getting a lot more than I expected, and even wanted. It was more fun than expected, so I just kept going. I must say that many of the challenge artifact skins are pretty tame, so there are several of them that I will never use, like MM hunter and Elemental Shaman.

There are three that I liked the appearance of, but didn't have time in getting or decided it was not worth it:

Outlaw - I rarely play rogue, so she has shit gear, and I prioritized other characters.

Holy paladin - It looks great, but I have never and probably will never play holy, so I thought the challenge would take too much out of me, and it would years (if ever) to get the hammer moggable to retribution.

Vengeance - Looks pretty good, but as long as DH are elf only, I will not bother to play one. So, if they give us race options in the future, I'll have to do with other skins, no problem.
    Mother pus bucket!

Providing challenging solo content is good, but the challenge has been very unbalanced between specs / encounters, with very different scaling. It was a good addition, but the quality has been pretty bad, it was just a small random toss which could either end up fun or meh.

I think it was the best thing in WoW, maybe ever. The challenges were fun and satisfying (for the most part).

However, I didn't like how important gear and specific legendaries were.

If they do something similar in the future it needs to scale and not be affected by thing like legendaries in this expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    36/36 and did like 7 challenges for my GF on chars she didn't know how to play. Pretty decent, wasn't happy with my performance on Guardian, Arcane, Enha because all 3 took me over 10 attempts which is too many for a 930+ character imo.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

7+ Year Old Account
    I did 11, tried to do holy priest but I just couldn't make my team survive the last two packs of the first part. Super frustrating as it felt a lot easier on resto shaman and holy priest healing just felt like a wet slap to the face.

The challenges suffered a lot from having some classes be cakewalk and others being super frustrating due to some small mechanic.
    Like the mana sting on holy priest. Shackle undead didn't work if the Arbalest used Mana Sting too many times in a row and you had to interrupt it. So you either had to take it yourself or let the NPCs get it and suffer through weak healing.

Really frustrated me.

Also runes on Raest spawning dab middle of mob packs and no way to move them out or stun them suckes balls. Stupid RNG.

But apart from it I enjoyed many of the challenges. Felt rewarding to complete them. Especially guardian druid. I was so close tossing my computer out of the window a couple of times due to be pushed off the platform, and I am not one that usually rages over games.

Also I did most of the challenges without the most optimal legendaries as when I started this most of my alts had been neglected. I usually only had the Antorus ring and a random legendary I had gotten along the way.
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2018-07-18 at 08:22 AM.