Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I will take my time and no real rush. Now that they don't release raids right away it doesn't matter a whole lot anymore. If it takes one day, two, days, or four days to get to 120 I am pretty much at the mersey of RNG for drops to get raid ready. So I will just pull that lever as much as possible in the new and old ways as possible and deal with it.

My main idea would be to follow all of the main story lines in each zone, skipping the side ones.

Are there any wowhead pages or anything that lay out the primary quest chains? I am having trouble finding anything and I know being able to check if a quest I picked up was part of the main story by referring to a list was very helpful when leveling in Legion.

Edit: I found some information on main story lines that may be useful to others. The following are for the Horde zones:

http://bfa.wowhead.com/achievement=1...dazar#comments
    http://bfa.wowhead.com/achievement=1...sands#comments
    http://bfa.wowhead.com/achievement=1...azmir#comments
    Last edited by skumnasty; 2018-07-02 at 04:44 PM.

the first week ill be multibox gathering with 10 druids herbing and mining, might do some skinning too

Deleted
    Gonna level quick as possible, no messing about.

Anyone think they'll mess with XP before launch so it takes longer to get to 120? Didn't they do that toward the end of Legion beta?

Launch day plan is to get home from work, Eat some dinner, relax with the wife and kid for a bit then update any addons that need updating. Log on to every character i plan on playing to get the initial quest and start some rested XP state. Hop on my Paladin with my wife for a bit then go to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You missed Legion launch. There were no issues at all. Those days are over.
    Sort of. Despite some doubt from some posters I've been here since vanilla beta. The Legion launch was the first one that was note perfect - it just unlocked. Which was fantastic. Then 7.3 hit and for over a week my raid group got such bad lag (and some odd boss behaviour) we had to cancel any attempts that week. So I'm not sure we're out of the woods yet... ^^

Generally I expect launches to be problematic. Not even because of server crashes, but just because of a lot of people rushing to do things at the same time (WoD garrison table says hi), new code stressing old graphics cards, half your beloved mods not updated soon enough and so on. In an ideal world you plan your route, take the day off work, turn on war mode for the bonuses and level in a group. In actuality... keep your fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier View Post
    Maybe he didn't play during legion launch, if it's anything like legion i'll easily be able to play the second it launches.
    I'm wathing the pre patch today and thinking 'no... my original comment was right'

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Anyone think they'll mess with XP before launch so it takes longer to get to 120? Didn't they do that toward the end of Legion beta?
    They just did that a few weeks ago. Also increased the amount needed for AP or w/e the new AP stuff is called.

In Legion we could choose the level area immediately. But as Alliance in BFA you have to first go through the same area as everybody else so this will be a shitshow. Real cancer will be the meeting in the throne room though. In the beta the voicelines lap over each other like they did in Deepholm. I expect they won't fix this since it's a rather minor thing.
    Und wenn du das Spiel verlierst, ganz unten stehst, dann stehn wir hier und sing Borussia - Borussia BVB!

10+ Year Old Account
    Expansion launches might as well be the most important "holiday" for me.
    Junk food. Lots of it. Flaming Hot Cheetos, Takis, beer, and coffee all throughout the day and night. Probably staying up for a good 24+ hours like always. For in game stuff I'm just going to take it super slow my first time through, reading everything and exploring as I go.

One note, unless it has changed on beta since I last levelled you unlock the War campaign quests at 112, 114, 116 (island expedition) and 118 in a linear quest chain and you don't get WQs at 120 until you've completed all of that, so it's probabaly worth doing whilst you're levelling. It just involves getting a boat to one of the other factions zones and doing a few base setup quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Get some drinks, relax, make dinner, update addons, setup UI, play and enjoy with the wife.
    This. Thissss.

Enjoy launch don't rush the content, we get an expansion once every two years, I've never understood the need to rush to max level the content ain't going anywhere. Unless you're in a guild competing for world first, if not take your Sweet time.

Well I still have 3 months of shift work with my contract so I wont be raiding past heroic really since I cant set a schedule so... I guess take it easy and take in the zones.

Farm herbs and leather a bit, and focus on Unlocknig Kul tyrians

As a horde to start with zuldazar is the worst choice..leave it as last. Btw its more then sure, leveling will be nerfed by day one

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I never got to 120 or tested much of anything besides the questing so I don't really have a plan other than start in Nazmir -> Voldun -> Zuldazar. I'm also going to be out of town during the first few launch days so will be a little bit behind everyone. I reckon the first few days might be shaky anyways if this pre-patch was any indication so prob best to wait for them to iron it out

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    I reckon the first few days might be shaky anyways if this pre-patch was any indication so prob best to wait for them to iron it out
    This is the entire point of these prepatch events. When the actual launch happens, the only thing that occurs is the gateway quests unlock and you're able to access the new areas. All of the new systems get introduced with prepatch so when the shit hits the fan, it's during the inconsequential last days of an old expansion.

My plan on the day of the launch is to work on my second bachelor's in computer science, i.e. the game is launching at the same time as the start of the new semester. The end!

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Those times are gone.
    Not so much gone, just shifted so that they don't matter much.

What a lot of folks don't consider is that the downtime we had yesterday - with all the server wonkiness that followed - was the expansion. Barring some Draenor Garrison fuckery, which we've learned to avoid by spreading players out, the BFA launch should be smooth as silk.

As far as my plan, this is basically Christmas for me. Since BC, me and my buddies have taken some time off and LAN party'd it up. Back then, we were broke college kids so the food was cheap cheeseburgers from McDonald's. A few years ago, it was just a few of us with our wives. This time, it's just a couple of us old farts, taking a few days off work to act like we're college kids again. The food will be much better this time around, though.
    Last edited by Monteverdi; 2018-07-18 at 09:03 PM.