Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I started pre-patch with Karazhan run and Chess Event is waaaay better. It's still RNG (but every time AI was rushing forward with king in my case), but all pieces have very little HP. So even if you lose (and your mistakes hurt way more), every game is very quick.

EDIT: But last boss don't always drop tier token. Ugh.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2018-07-18 at 04:46 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Macnessa View Post
    Hope you guys don't enjoy soloing old raids because they forgot to scale those
    1. I haven't had any issue with anything yet personally, other than needing to hit things a couple more times.

2. Jesus Christ, everything will scale in time. If they don't tweak it now, it will be perfectly find come 120.

Oh no, it's almost like...

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Everyone saw this coming.
    This. People who played during the 6.0 pre-patch 100% saw this coming. It'll be fixed over time.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    As allways, You know, Just like last expac and the expac before it.....You really live under a brick don't you...?
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Oh no, they didn’t make old raid scaling a priority with the prepatch! Everything is ruined forever!!!
    What the heck else do you do during pre patch besides run old shit? Yes that's a priority mage tower is gone all the other stuff like Chosen is gone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Maybe... just maybe... the focus was on the new classes and systems, instead re-balancing post-squish to protect how a tiny group like to solo old raids.

Or maybe given how many people have reported it's just fine for them, the OP is just bad?
    then why do at least half the classes just feel worse? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Ah... The Legacy buff isn't active in WoD yet
    And it still used to be soloable until the squish since they didn't squish old raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would imagine that they balanced them around people being lv 120?

If so, old stuff is not a priority, totally understandable as long as there are more urgent things to take care of.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    Alright everyone bitching about WoD raids need to realize the Legacy buff only kicks in when you are 10 levels or higher than the content you are trying to solo. This means 10 levels higher than the mob you are hitting which means....WoD raids are not legacy raids yet.

"BUT STABBY! THE RAID IS LAST EXPANSION! WE ARE 10 LEVELS HIGHER THAN THE EXPANSION!!!"

yes, but in order to make raids a challenge for most players, blizzard is sneaky and actually makes mobs 1 - 3 levels higher than you are. WoD mobs and bosses are 101 - 103 which means....its not legacy yet. I know its shocking to hear but its the truth.
    And it was still soloable last week which is the part that matters. It was soloable without the legacy buff.

The speed they are putting out a new content, these things are bound to happen. in any agile environment, this will happen. there is limited time and resources, so only p1 bugs are addressed, not being able to 1 shot a boss is low prio. either this or last tier lasts for a year, pick one.

Eventually it will be scaled down, patience is a virtue :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    What the heck else do you do during pre patch besides run old shit? Yes that's a priority mage tower is gone all the other stuff like Chosen is gone as well.
    There’s still stuff to do, and you’ll be back to soloing old shit shortly once they hotfix this.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by MAGAForLife View Post
    That's how ICC was during CATA. I don't have a problem with one minute fights.
    For content that is 4 to 10 years old it's moronic in the extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    the class being in the toilet gameplay wise would disagree with that statement.

and there have been A LOT of great feedback, they just dont give a fuck.
    This is just demonstrably untrue given their detailed responses to feedback throughout the testing period.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    I have cleared 3 old raids now as a holy paladin without too much work.. Mostly been the last boss of each being the problem.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Guess I'm just different since they aren't a small indie company and have been provided feedback by the community for a long time that was ignored. I think they could have done a much better job and I'm not willing to blindly defend them. That's all, I'll happily defend their actions when justified but this could have AND should have been handled better.

However as I said, I half expected this which is why I am not complaining on the official forums and this doesn't inconvenient me as I'm enjoying trying new rotations and such.
    Not being a small indie company has nothing to do with situations like this. It’s a common misconception that throwing money at a software project automatically makes it better.
    Beta Club Brosquad

This is just demonstrably untrue given their detailed responses to feedback throughout the testing period.
    I'd like to see all their responses concerning sub(and to a lesser extent assa) rogue and how they just shat down our throats tbh

same with WW monks, shadowpriests, shamans, etc

iirc their response was "lul we fucked up wait till 8.1 haha xd"

- - - Updated - - -

Not being a small indie company has nothing to do with situations like this. It’s a common misconception that throwing money at a software project automatically makes it better.
    well it does though

it's just that diminishing returns of the extra investment just make it not a good idea after a certain point.

I soloed a few older raids today just to try it out. "newest" one I did was BlackRock Foundry. It did take slightly longer that before the squish but nothing horrible.

For reference I did it on a 965 (Now 240) itemlevel arms warrior.

then why do at least half the classes just feel worse? :P
    I wish it weren't the case. But given that it is, how much more class iteration time would you have liked them to divert to tuning old raids?

I'd like to see all their responses concerning sub(and to a lesser extent assa) rogue and how they just shat down our throats tbh

same with WW monks, shadowpriests, shamans, etc

iirc their response was "lul we fucked up wait till 8.1 haha xd"

- - - Updated - - -

well it does though

it's just that diminishing returns of the extra investment just make it not a good idea after a certain point.
    Off the top of my head there were detailed responses and changes made for Frost DKs and Prot Paladins in response to feedback presented by players.

As to the second point, the inflection point where you see diminishing returns is probably somewhere around staffing up to tune old dungeons and raids for the prepatch. What’s the long-term benefit of devoting resources to something that isn’t that important?
    Beta Club Brosquad