Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khuros View Post
    Warmode
    Talents
    PVP Talents
    Post Season PVP stuff...
    Warmode =/= added. That is what a PvP server used to be. Just with some buffs. So can't count that. Same for PvP talents. They just changed when they activate. A few talents isn't content, and post pvp season isn't new either.

I haven't even resubbed like I thought I would. I was hoping for this awesome pre-patch like before legion, but we got nothing thus far. It sucks. Even then, seems they broke communities and had to remove them.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Draith View Post
    Testing on internal servers will rarely yield the same results as implementing on live servers.
    You are overgeneralizing. Again, their code broke in minutes after it went live. This means that it would have broke just as well with merely a bit of stress testing. This means they didn't do it. The end.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bought enough WOW tokens with Gold Till November
    if I still feel the same way then i've had a good run since 2005.
    Never let the sub drop before but in all honesty I just find this a complete mess.

they allowed some classes to keep artifact powers via the talent tree yet didn't do the same for all?
    yet they added soul fire back for us destruct locks when we have CB, Yet removed the brilliant rifts.
    The UI looks like it was designed by a 1st year student, Its not functional
    nothing has changed on my hardware yet the FPS has dropped to single figures in some areas
    there were no problems before this patch.

when all the focus goes on new races i'd rather them concentrate on the ones we have already
    and get the talents/spells/abilities in a much better position than it is at the moment

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Let's take a look at what this "pre patch" offers

Content removed
    -Strands of the Ancients
    -First Aid
    -First Aid related titles and Achievements
    -Artifact powered weapons
    -Brawler's guild

Content added (As of July 18,2018)
    -

I don't think we've ever had a pre patch that has removed so much content and gave nothing in return. Yes you can say "we will get more content later!" but that's not the point. The point is what we are getting right now vs what we are losing right now. We have less content than we had yesterday and that's not acceptable.
    - Strand - Not a fan favorite by any means, known to be retiring for a while now
    - First Aid - Lul
    - First Aid titles/chieves - Also lul
    - Artifact wep powers - Part of the storyline, known for a while now
    - Brawler's Guild - this also ended with pre-patch last time

So, not much lost, given the evolving story and the fact that this was the "numbers" patch to crunch down and get the new abilities/cds/etc in place.
    Next week, we'll get a quest, and in a month we get a whole new xpac.

It's ok, is what I'm saying.
    There's still plenty of content, unless farming First Aid was your only reason to sub, which in that case, ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    One day they will learn that shoving this PvP crap down our throats in WoW is stupid.

You listed three things that 90% of WoW players could care less about
    Yeah, they shoved PVP so far down your throat, it's an option if you wish to partake.

Oh the fucking humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    Oh yeah, First Aid is the main content of WoW, gonna miss it so much
    remember when it was super important and useful then blizzard shit on it?

Didn't they remove Wintergrasp and ashran too?

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    You are overgeneralizing. Again, their code broke in minutes after it went live. This means that it would have broke just as well with merely a bit of stress testing. This means they didn't do it. The end.
    if you think they didnt test basic functionality you are just dumb. like I said, you have no idea about large scale real world products, and I doubt you pushed anything to production. you may think your webapp is large, but it is nothing compared to wow

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Let's take a look at what this "pre patch" offers

Content removed
    -Strands of the Ancients
    -First Aid
    -First Aid related titles and Achievements
    -Artifact powered weapons
    -Brawler's guild

Content added (As of July 18,2018)
    -

I don't think we've ever had a pre patch that has removed so much content and gave nothing in return. Yes you can say "we will get more content later!" but that's not the point. The point is what we are getting right now vs what we are losing right now. We have less content than we had yesterday and that's not acceptable.
    These threads are always so funny.

-first aid
    -first aid titles and achievements

LOOK, the argument is better because you made first aid into TWO bullet points!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    remember when it was super important and useful then blizzard shit on it?
    I’ve been playing since 2005 and the only time I can remember First Aid ever actually being useful was Kurinaxx in AQ20.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    These threads are always so funny.

-first aid
    -first aid titles and achievements

LOOK, the argument is better because you made first aid into TWO bullet points!

- - - Updated - - -

I’ve been playing since 2005 and the only time I can remember First Aid ever actually being useful was Kurinaxx in AQ20.
    well also loatheb

but I was more talking about pvp and outdoor because back then, not all classes were spewing a stupid amount of selfheal out of their asses.

and bandages healed for an actual amount (about 30% of your total health) instead of being hp regen with a cast time.

Quote Originally Posted by camicio View Post
    if you think they didnt test basic functionality you are just dumb. like I said, you have no idea about large scale real world products, and I doubt you pushed anything to production. you may think your webapp is large, but it is nothing compared to wow
    LOL, OK. My "web app" has like 8x as many LOCs as WoW codebase, but whatever, the above is obviously the best you can come up with anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Strand of the Ancients - Good hindrance
    Do you mean good riddance?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Careful...sarcasm doesn't translate well on these forums :P
    Yeah true, I was hoping the Firefighter profession was enough to give it away...

Added: upright orcs, golden eyed blood elves, war mode, revamped pvp talents, account wide honor, communities (disabled right now but presumably fixed soon), legacy loot mode for farming old raids, skin color at the barber shop, new spell animations.

Removed: mage tower, strand of the ancients, first aid, brawler's guild (which was disabled at the end of other expansions as well).

I agree they didn't add much to do if all you care about is PvE, but that's basically every pre-patch ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qil View Post
    Added
    - war mode
    - new talents (not much but there are)
    - guild UI
    - communities
    - legacy loot mode
    - u can change skin color in barber shop
    - upright orcs
    -
    Legacy loot mode broken. Doesn't work in WOD raids. So it also won't work in Legion raids when we hit 120. Meaning 1 drop per person when trying to get mog. Guild UI broken for now. Communities the same.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by camicio View Post
    Then why is so much stuff not working? This is Blizzard we're talking about. The "Soon" company who doesn't release things until they are ready. They will delay an expansion 6 months to get it right.

But as of yesterday it looks like Activision may finally have a hand in production schedules for this game. There's no way Kaplan, Pardo and Ghostcrawler would've let this go live yesterday in the current state. There's so many little things broken right now or were communicated incorrectly. It really feels like a different company.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qil View Post
    Added
    - war mode
    - new talents (not much but there are)
    - guild UI
    - communities
    - legacy loot mode
    - u can change skin color in barber shop
    - upright orcs
    -
    I don't count the new talents as adding anything, they simply REPLACED old talents. The net difference didn't change, you still have the same amount of talent choices.

If OP is saying that they removed more CONTENT than they added, then that is unarguable, they 100% did.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Do you mean good riddance?
    Lol, you are totally right. English's not my main, sorry! I mixed the words.
    Whatever...

Too bad they didn't remove you.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    LOL, OK. My "web app" has like 8x as many LOCs as WoW codebase, but whatever, the above is obviously the best you can come up with anyway.
    how do you know how many lines wow codebase have?
    # of lines have nothing to do with scaling. you can have billions of lines and have 1 user. does your app handle millions of user all over the place with servers spread around the world? if so, it must be pretty known software then, let us know where you are working