Thread: Antorus in 8.0

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    We are by no means a top notch guild or even a mythic guild But we used to clear the entire antorus hc in one night with time to spare. Today we gave up after garothi. Dogs more or less oneshot our tanks when they felt like it. The person getting dragged up in the fire thing got wrecked really fast.

Portal keeper just melted us. No issues with these bosses before. Today not much loot where had.

Then we decided to go kill KJ heroic cause some people missed the mage tower skin tint. Easy peasy right ? Wrong. Maiden as soon as she teleported. Melted raid team.

Also heard from others that the scorpion in NH is melting guilds left and right.

Guess we give it a week or 3
    Yea lol, we did some HC tonight, it was a shit show. But hey Blizz fixed diremaul!

The fact blizzard didn't just blanket nerf antorus by an absurd margin is wild.

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    The fact blizzard didn't just blanket nerf antorus by an absurd margin is wild.
    Yea, we knew it would be busted (we always raid during prepatch) but that was crazy lol, dogs wrecking tanks, pods are basically unhealable after 10 stacks, etc. I think its mostly dots that are fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Why would people still be running it? For random PL chance at the mount or something? Fudge that.
    Cant say about others, but my guild tried Mythic to see how we manage with the new class and tuning changes...

There's also something bout raiding that brings people closer together.

We are not the greatest, we only killed argus about 2 months ago, but now we could not get through Portal Keeper.

Mostly due to the fact that people are used to ignoring things that were pretty minor previously, but now they hit like a truck.

Everything does more damage % compared to before the patch and some things are just plain broken.

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Yea, we knew it would be busted (we always raid during prepatch) but that was crazy lol, dogs wrecking tanks, pods are basically unhealable after 10 stacks, etc. I think its mostly dots that are fucked.
    Idk we wiped on aggra for 3 hours. Fun experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    The mount is still 100%
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...21149936177152

Only random part is who will get it, but someone will. With all expectations it should work like the nightbane mount in kara.
    And you can trade it. Useful for sale runs and people who don’t want it.

if you look in the in game dungeon guide for dogs you can see the numbers that the abilities are supposed to hit for. On average it was working out to be doing about 5X the amount of damage as it was supposed to. Some abilities like the green stuff on the ground for the first boss goes off allot faster, faster then you can run without a speed boost or lock portal. Bats on the Eonar were evading damage and killing the tree before we could kill them. Portal, high comm, and imonar did not give us any noticeable trouble, other then the healers being oom by the end of every fight.

Have you guys tried Gul'dan? Even for a guild with a 975+ average item level pre squish, it's doing more damage now than when we progressed it when it was current... No joke.

When we cleared mythic yesterday we just 4 tanked hounds, cba with blizz's funny tank dmg. Also aggramars flame rend did almost zero damage, so it was kinda easy.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2018-07-19 at 07:37 AM.

Seems Argus wasnt impossible after all. Killed it after 12 wipes.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/MjkGCp8F2fa64Xby
    Didnt even try the "bugged" bosses however. Waiting for nerf or confirmed fix.

Man when I woke up I saw a hotfix for july 18th, thinks like diremaul and other retarded random shit were hotfixed. DUDE, BLIZZ, everyone is doing antorus, so fucking fix that wtf! And I am saying this as someone who got CE months ago, I just cant bother reprogressng everything on my unbapanced mess pf a spec (number wise) destro lock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Can I get the winning lotto numbers? It's rare to see such brazen speculation about the pre patch, especially given how consistently well Blizzard typically tunes them!
    i see what you did there!

seriously though from what i have seen from heroic mode, all bosses are a bit over tuned and argus himself is vastly under tuned which is kinda ironic, expecting some changes soon.TM so that mythic can be cleared properly (will be tackling that this weekend).

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Not everyone has the luxury to pick their raid days. Sometimes you just have to grin and bare it.
    I know what you mean, but Antorus ended last week for all practical purposes. Your guild has to decide that it wants to raid during prepatch. It seems harsh to me to make prepatch raiding mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    I know what you mean, but Antorus ended last week for all practical purposes. Your guild has to decide that it wants to raid during prepatch. It seems harsh to me to make prepatch raiding mandatory.
    That's what happens when a guild consists of 25-30 players and only a single mount drops every week. In order to get everyone the mount before it becomes 1% in BFA, my guild (which is within the top 100) needs to raid every week except for the very last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    i was thinking about it aswell... but does it really matter? i cleared antorus 7 months ago, and its practically bfa already and soon enough it will be forgotten so does it really matter?
    That's not what he was asking.

as for op,

M Aggramar was a bit harder than usual due to cc and stuff being changed, but nothing overboard other than the pulsing damage from adds in intermissions seems to be too much compared to previous.

didn't kill argus yet but soulblight damage hits like a truck, and other than that only tanks are really suffering on these

They will nerf it, they are still working on scaling after the patch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    You know some people want a chance to play their reroll classes so they can decide if they made the right chance and didn't have beta. Leveling a class and then finding out you don't like it in a raiding environment sucks (because raiding is very different then dungeons or open world).

As an example, I love DK tank in dungeons, despise it in raids. Love rogue in raids, hate it in dungeons. Can't find out if I like something in raids until I play it them.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

So, my guild went usual garothi - aggra - argus on mythic. What used to be 1 shot now took us full 3 raid hours to clear. Some notes:
    Garothi:
    - The line on the ground 1-shots you now. It did 61k damage.
    - The aoe damage after second cannon is killed is quite massive.
    Aggramar:
    - Mass gripping can be harder / more problematic due to reduced size of mass grip (from 20 to 15 range).
    - Breaking rooted adds seems much harder than before, they just stay rooted.
    - Aoe raid damage from exploding adds seems higher than before.
    - Tanks have less self healing so you actually have to heal them now (what a shocker?)
    Argus:
    - p1 and p2 went faster with our dps than before
    - last phase was a massive shit show due to how stagger works on monks now, timing that you die from scythe instead from melee after seems much harder
    - you have to cr a lot and every cr has a cast time or resource cost so if you have to rez someone split second before death fog engulfs their corpse... well it's harder now
    - druid tanks can't easily eat 4 stacks of scythe with just ironfurs, they need big cds to survive
    - however a plate dps can tank 1 scythe easily because they have nearly as much armor as tanks baseline (not counting tanks mitigation tools adding armor on top)

We still had most wipes on Aggramar, surprisingly, since people say "it's easy now", our whole strat with mass grip and chain root adds then break them 1 by 1 got really impacted the changes to the game. For example shamans don't have a mass root any more it seems?

So we killed mythic Argus last week.

But we can't kill mythic Imonar now, clearing the bridge seems very overtuned.

So far just tank swaps and Argus scythe, doesn't seem like enough still. Most dot dmg is ticking way too high, amongst other things.