Poll: How is War Mode working out for you so far?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Alliance How is War Mode working out for you so far?

I've turned it on and expect to keep it on by default. The extra talents are too much fun, and I can always hearth and turn it off if I need to.

So far...
    • I was ganked once in a 2-on-1; they were ready and looking for a fight, I was still sorting out my talents and probably didn't impress them much.
    • Accidentally picked a fight with a small group when I keg smashed a mini-boss they were fighting. Was just trying to tag before it died, but they didn't see it that way lol. They charged and attacked, I Leg-sweeped and ran away. They chased but I was faster and no one died.
    • Joined in to help someone from my faction who was under attack. We won, but I won't claim it was because I was great PvPer

Overall, I feel it's working as intended. Most of the time, I see opposing players who are no more eager to engage than I am and we both go about our business. But I do find myself paying more attention to other players, looking closer to see whether they are friend or foe, and keeping an eye out in case something changes. The world feels more dangerous. And I like that.

Poll Incoming...
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2018-07-19 at 06:34 AM. Reason: formatting, grammar

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the option, because now, I can play my DK who was stuck on a PvP server..

NEVER ANY PvP ANY MORE!!

It's working great..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Been leveling my LF dreanei in Storm Peaks whole day. Enjoying my 10% extra xp and talents. Haven't seen a single player yet.

There is no point to it until BfA ... and for the first few days of BfA there is no downside to having it on.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    There is no point to it until BfA ... and for the first few days of BfA there is no downside to having it on.
    The point is fun, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. All the PvP WQ zones I've went to have been an absolute blast, and winning some 1 v 2/3 fights again is a great feeling.

True, but there's really no point to doing much of anything in game atm. If you are doing something - leveling a new alt, still farming essences for some lego you don't have - then WM gives you extra talents and increases most rewards by 10%.

Can't use if I want to do any world content in a pug group so I've got it off.

It looks like most people using it are liking it, and most people not using it are happy not using it. That's a genuine success, and I hope it remains so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombria View Post
    It looks like most people using it are liking it, and most people not using it are happy not using it. That's a genuine success, and I hope it remains so.
    Well put. I like that Blizz gave everyone the option to play the game the way they like it. And since we can go back and forth if we change our minds, what's not to like?

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a great addition, I never liked PvP at all, mostly avoiding it, so I am happy I can finally do all other stuff without being interrupted by Alliance players.
    There is something I don't like about War Mode though: the benefits and rewards. It's really not a good thing, actually it's a kind of pressure to the players and they might feel like being forced to participate in world PvP, otherwise they are disadvantaged.

i love it!

I was flying around to get to a WQ. The Aszuna one "Bloodgazer Swarm!"

Upon flying to the location i see a fellow horde WW monk getting 2v1. I jump down to help him and we succeed.. Was nice i missed this in WoW!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    The point is fun, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. All the PvP WQ zones I've went to have been an absolute blast, and winning some 1 v 2/3 fights again is a great feeling.
    you should be perma banned for pvping as a TAnk

Quote Originally Posted by Spiren View Post
    It's a great addition, I never liked PvP at all, mostly avoiding it, so I am happy I can finally do all other stuff without being interrupted by Alliance players.
    There is something I don't like about War Mode though: the benefits and rewards. It's really not a good thing, actually it's a kind of pressure to the players and they might feel like being forced to participate in world PvP, otherwise they are disadvantaged.
    To be fair Spiren, didn't you answer your own concern? That is, the extra rewards are supposed to balance out the interruptions by other players. I think it's fair. You can play without either, or you can accept both. Why should you have one without the other?

Deleted
    It's really lackluster.

When it was announced I was "Hell yeah, extra talents? I am gonna be in War Mode all the time, I am already on a PvP server, so it's just a added bonus for me"

But now I have it switched off. The Windwalker PvP talents in BfA are of NO appeal to me. They just give you extremely minor boosts, that I can happily do without.

Also, nobody has their War Mode on. I can't kill anyone anyway. The only Horde players with War Mode on are Mythic Titanforged geared try hards that kill me in one GCD.

World PvP is even more unfair now than it was.

I am hoping BfA and Zandalar and Kultiras will offer some GREAT rewards for you switching on War Mode (No, 10% exp and three shitty talents is not enough for me to care), because if not, I am not gonna bother

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    you should be perma banned for pvping as a TAnk
    Probably Prot Warrior is a bit nutty at times, I'm not going to lie. But when I play Druid, I play feral, cuz blowing people up is even more fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    10% extra essence from WQ's, letting you farm your legendaries faster

Deleted
    On my server (Twisting NetherEU) its pretty much a 97% Horde Server but now with the option to PvP with War mode whilst in Argus last night the Alliance far outnumbered us Horde and zergged into large groups of 7+ to kill 1 or 2 players constantly...Typical Alliance 7 year old's mentality (I had to get a dig in) BUT fair play! I too would relish this opportunity after years of unfairness.

Pre-patch is going to be a bloodfest as its a new toy with not much else to do (Weird though how for past PvP servers like mine its caused more PvP then usual :s) .
    Last edited by mmoc157db6de0e; 2018-07-19 at 07:21 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is full war in Legion locations esp Argus.
    Then i flew over Elwynm Duskwood and Strangletorn Valley and met no enemy players. Disapointed.

I haven’t used it yet other than looking at the pvp talents. But my brother has and we always play together, and I was surprised to find that even in a sanctuary zone (Dalaran), and even both being in the same party, we couldn’t see each other in game because he had war mode on and I didn’t. So if you turn war mode on, you are pretty much on another version of the realm and you won’t see those who keep it switched off. Whether that will be a flaw or not time will tell.

(We play on a RP realm which doesn’t usually shard; so the RP community will no doubt have to decide whether to war mode or not because they will be segregated quite forcibly; even in non pvp cities).

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    It's really lackluster.

When it was announced I was "Hell yeah, extra talents? I am gonna be in War Mode all the time, I am already on a PvP server, so it's just a added bonus for me"

But now I have it switched off. The Windwalker PvP talents in BfA are of NO appeal to me. They just give you extremely minor boosts, that I can happily do without.

Also, nobody has their War Mode on. I can't kill anyone anyway. The only Horde players with War Mode on are Mythic Titanforged geared try hards that kill me in one GCD.

World PvP is even more unfair now than it was.

I am hoping BfA and Zandalar and Kultiras will offer some GREAT rewards for you switching on War Mode (No, 10% exp and three shitty talents is not enough for me to care), because if not, I am not gonna bother
    I got exciting talents on most of my toons, but felt like the ones on my bear were less so. Do you Brewmaster at all? Brewmaster gets some nice ones. I like Eerie Fermentation, Fast Feet, and Incendiary Breath.