Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's because they don't want people doing old content. I wouldn't have expected any different.
    Allied races

I thought they love, and they should make old content profitable to scatter the playerbase all around Azeroth, and by the way, FucK phasing! I never did get it, if a zone is too populated, then let it be populated, if it's not populated, merge the damn server with another server entirely, don't just throw us around// I'm mentioning this because doing old content helps reduce this shit system
    Last edited by Hekazi; 2018-07-19 at 10:17 AM.

It's because they don't want people doing old content. I wouldn't have expected any different.
    i have nothing against them cutting the gold in old content, but legion is still curent content, eventhough its patch 8.0.1, they could have done the nerf a week or a few days before BfA launches, or on launch day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samerius View Post
    They nerfed it so more people have to buy tokens to get gold, money hungry as fuck.
    Ah get out of here, you could make millions and millions with the table missions in wod/legion. They are trowing more and more money at us every expansion.

The tokens are just there because if gold is bought anyways they might as well take a share of the money.
    Last edited by mmocd9c49027e6; 2018-07-19 at 10:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    You do realise the people who do these boosts are a tiny tiny % of the wow polulation right? Its so tiny its not worth counting in a statistic
    Well... a group finder abuse was statistically significant for them to prohibit use of it for selling boosts. Also alot of playersagreed to ban because "had to scroll 3 pages of boost groups to see a relevant one for my search" so you are pulling your opinion out of thin air. Or you were playing in an RP server?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway. Stop spreading your bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Why are people surprised this happened? It happened with at the end of WoD, and it will happen at the end of BFA.
    lots of legion babies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Well yeah. Things are being set up for BFA. Same How the pet tokens have been changed. So people don't feel obligated to farm old content.

No it doesn't.
    it has for the last year and a half. if you didnt take advantage of it when it was available thats another story.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Unless that old content boosts MAUs so you can unlock an allied race, then they WANT you to do it. :/
    So basically you completely ignored what I said in the last debate so that you can keep your old narrative?

The whole point of locking allied races behind legion reps was to get people to play that content while it was still current. And, given that people came back to play legion in order to unlock allied races, it would be a bit of a slap in the face to suddenly drop that requirement.

In a few months time, the value of having spent that time and effort during Legion to unlock your allied races will have paid off and people will no longer care. But if they simply dropped the requirement tomorrow, it would upset a lot of people:

"Hey guys, we know that many of you paid us lots of money to resub specifically to unlock your allied races so that you wouldn't have to grind out those reps in BfA. But as it turns it that was never necessary. Suckers!!!! Jokes on you. If you'd just waited for BfA to release, you wouldn't have had to put in any of the effort! Hahahahahahahahah!" - Blizz

People don't seem to understand how token system work. Just because they cut down the gold source in game doesn't mean more people will buy tokens and sell them for gold. Those tokens need to be bought by people. If they don't give players enough gold sources they will not be able to farm the required amount so they will not likely to buy token because they simply will not have enough for it which means the token price will drop to the point where people will be able to afford it again or at least will be some that are willing to pay the price.
    Last edited by Bryci; 2018-07-19 at 12:52 PM.

If that's the case, then they should simply give us all transmogs, mounts, pets and achievements from a given expansion whenever it comes to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by sathus View Post
    Mythic+ boosts mate... raid boosts... AH economy, pet/rare items trading. Leveling boosts If anyone has to buy gold, those are the way less resourceful players. Buy wow tokens argument is way less liky than "pay actual money for sub" because alot of people use gold for that.
    are they ? mythic + boosts take time too - first its time to find a buyer then to collect gold and boost him through instance - i highly doubt that they find boosties that fast with how many groups are out there so lets say 30 minutes for whole process ? and they are making this way what 300k in 1 hour ? competent person with decent skilsl will make money for 1 token in less then 15-30 minutes making boosts look like joke not like source of decent gold income

i think that people are severly underestimating how many people buy gold via tokens.

Deleted
    Well... a group finder abuse was statistically significant for them to prohibit use of it for selling boosts. Also alot of playersagreed to ban because "had to scroll 3 pages of boost groups to see a relevant one for my search" so you are pulling your opinion out of thin air. Or you were playing in an RP server?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway. Stop spreading your bs.
    I'm not pulling anything out of thin air.

Look at participation numbers for +15's, heroic raids and mythic raids.

Now really think for a moment how many of those are good enough to actively carry other people through that content 1-x people short. Now think about how many of those actually do sell these boosts.

Think. Its not illegal even on these forums

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you can farm gold for 50 hours or ... hey we have token which costs like 15-30 minutes of your work wage - hello we wnt you to buy it
    I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure your average WoW player isn't making $40-$80 per hour at work. I don't disagree with your overall point, but a $20 WoW token definitely costs more than 15-30 minutes of work wage for most people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I'm not pulling anything out of thin air.

Look at participation numbers for +15's, heroic raids and mythic raids.

Now really think for a moment how many of those are good enough to actively carry other people through that content 1-x people short. Now think about how many of those actually do sell these boosts.

Think. Its not illegal even on these forums
    Well significan enough to them prohibit use of group finder. My guild alone had 3 boost groups running, 15 - 20 people a week each. Easy gold.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They nerfed it so more people have to buy tokens to get gold, money hungry as fuck.
    If you are struggling to make gold in this day and age, that's a personal problem. I profited around 65m this expansion with 2 tiers off. Even a novice player could have 5m right now with minimal effort
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Why are people surprised this happened? It happened with at the end of WoD, and it will happen at the end of BFA.
    New people, people with really bad memory or just ignorant, people that just want to complain, stupid people and the list goes on.

Deleted
    Well significan enough to them prohibit use of group finder. My guild alone had 3 boost groups running, 15 - 20 people a week each. Easy gold.
    ANd its still a very very small %.

At the same time some(i dont have any numbers on these) of those groups are scammers.

Anyway. My point still stands. Its such a small 5 of the population it doesnt belong in a statistic

Deleted
    haha, yet they keep allied races requirements in. they do want people doing older content

I literally came back 3 days ago, levelled 1 toon to 110 which had 3k gold, 100-110 and I dinged with 15k gold. How are they being bad with gold?

10+ Year Old Account
    People? Are you new? or memory impaired? Because this happens in prepatches. The gold from the soon to be old expansion is nerfed because they done want to incentivize you to play Legion stuff in BfA and you're running BfA code now. It has the new levels etc disabled but you're running BfA code - that's the POINT of the pre-patch, so they can get the code out on live to catch stuff before the full launch. Or was 'pre-patch' not clear to you?

Garrisons were just as good or even better in wod. They got nerfed and the sky was falling. Then you got missions again legion and you had a good income of gold. Now they nerfed and the sky is falling. It will more than likely be just as good in bfa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Unless that old content boosts MAUs so you can unlock an allied race, then they WANT you to do it. :/
    not really, if you havent bothered in the last to years to play legion and unlock the legion allied races I doubt such a person will be bothered to unlock the bfa ones....