Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    such crybabies as OP are literally the cancer of community.

You want PvP? You toggle PvP and risk dying.

You don't want to die? Then get good and start researching? Maybe outsmart those 110ies, change your route, change zone, ask a friend for help etc.
    Last time I was killed by a guy, I logged my main, came there and killed him 3 times so that he just left the zone.

Well, if you dislike it, then you probably don't deserve those 10% bonus exp from PvP.

If you want fair fights, then there are arenas and bgs waiting for you

5+ Year Old Account
    Turning on warmode just for the exp boost is fine. Can't expect ppl that want to pvp turning it on just for pvp when that bonus is glaring you in the face, but it also means that you accept the terms and conditions so... There is a trade off.

I find if there are prevalent gankers, tipping off ppl in general chat can signal ppl on your faction who are equally bored and want to get in on the action.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiiteck View Post
    Logged in flicked on war mode to start leveling my alt and hoping for some pvp (in my level range). Instantly camped by max level players. So I've already turned off war mode, 10% boost doesn't even come close to the time wasted from getting camped. For some reason I thought the pvp would be limited to people your level. Why not make it so you cant attack people more than 10 levels lower than yourself?
    That's what the majority of pvp is. A group of players teams up and goes and finds a character at least 10 levels lower (preferably by themselves) and then kills them.

Then camps the corpse.

Blizzard has been trying to find a way to fix that for over 10 years............... They finally came up with "err..... umm...... just turn it off!" oh wait... what I meant to say is: "they designed the great New feature for the brand new x pac: War mode! Now you can turn off pvp like never before!" Ha, ha- its hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if u turn war mode off, there is still be max levels around without war mode killing quest givers and nps preventing u from leveling, Pre-MOP zones have alot of killable quest givers. And no killing quest givers doesnt forces them to phase into war mode its only flags them pvp for 5mins.

Warhammer used to discourage ganking by transforming the ganker into a chicken for a fixed period of time if they killed someone x levels below them. I liked that, one of the few things Warhammer did that I DID like...

Deleted
    No one?
    Ok

I must do something wrong. I switched to warmode, went out to stormheim and thought I'm gonna meet some players. Because blizz said they will phase people together.
    If i would have developed this I would always phase like 10 people that are near each other together.
    I was the only one for half an hour. There was really nobody. Something must be wrong, because I just can't believe that NOONE was at the wq spots in stormheim.

I am pretty sure that those who played on pvp servers before will most likely keep warmode enabled permanently anyways. Why downgrade to pve boredom when you can have at least a little bit of thrill? It is not like everyone on a pvp server always acts out the old "RED = DEAD" rule.

For me, nothing changes. Warmode is already turned on and it will stay on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    it's not really crying when a game feature is essentially broken because of top level ass holes.
    Your expectation is just broken, not the game mode. Noone forces you to activate it if you want to keep pve-ing like you always did before. The talents and the meager 10% bonus are just dangling infront of your nose because they are created to entice people into trying it out. For the pve crowd this is the chance to actually see if they like to play with pvp server ruleset from time to time. It is a win situation for those interested, and nothing changes for those who are not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    I must do something wrong. I switched to warmode, went out to stormheim and thought I'm gonna meet some players. Because blizz said they will phase people together.
    If i would have developed this I would always phase like 10 people that are near each other together.
    I was the only one for half an hour. There was really nobody. Something must be wrong, because I just can't believe that NOONE was at the wq spots in stormheim.
    Old content is old. Most people only do the ones that give essences now with the prepatch changes or go through Argus wqs and sometimes broken shore.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiiteck View Post
    Clearly i wrote that i wanted to pvp. I was just hoping it would phase together same level players. You know, cuz thats smart and would be a ton of fun. No one benefits from ganking.
    Wait what? you actually phase to another realm when you turn War mode on? I think you still stayed at your realm regardless

The whole point of it is so that you can turn it off. If you don't want to engage in world pvp (aka. being ganked) then you no longer have to. Even if you started on what previously was a pvp realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltribute View Post
    Wait what? you actually phase to another realm when you turn War mode on? I think you still stayed at your realm regardless
    Yes, you phase into a different server/shard/realm whatever you wanna call it, with other people who have warmode on from other servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    1. There's not much point in doing WQs in Legion anymore. Not for gold, not for AP, maybe not even for rep because people are mostly done with it.

2. The problem with warmode is that most of the rewards and content connected to it is tied to BFA continents. You can still fight in the older continents, but there's not much incentive.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2018-07-20 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Yes, you phase into a different server/shard/realm whatever you wanna call it, with other people who have warmode on from other servers.
    That's interesting, might change my mind if I'm going to activate it when I resub, like people most likely going to turn this on with premades or at least with a double. This will probably lead into a realm full of rogues or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    That's what "pvp" means to people in WoW. Going around killing people who stand no chance of fighting back. Because if they were to fight others near their level, they'd get their ass stomped because they only know how to destroy people who have no chance.
    So true.
    I will rejoice in the whining of those gankers having to fight foes who are prepared and same level.
    Oh, and all the time I will save, not getting camped with my shitty equipped alts doing WQs, I think I can afford getting active in this forum again!
    BEST PATCH EVER!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    lol. that will change when these bottom of the barrel people have content to run. nope, this is what they sub for - to grief.
    Let's call it now, this will be remembered as the Griefers' expansion.
    This ^

Doesn't matter how much content there is...they will still grief to make themselves feel like a badass and to ruin other peoples day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    I turned mine off cause i assumed i'd only see players on my server that turned it on.. im on stormrage i shouldnt ever see other server people on my server unless they got invited via party.
    I assume this as well, until I saw horde from Emerald Dream on Ravenholdt camping Hopes landing in Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    No, what i described is imbalanced pvp gameplay, which is being dominated by good equipped chars and premade groups.

Why should i, as a casual solo gamer, have any wish to join that?

I believe huge PVP battles could also be played in WoW. See Alterac.

As long Warmode favors premade groups and better geared players, it is nothing i will go to play.
    Don't worry!War mode is NOT for everyone(looks like you including) as Open world PvP was not meant for everyone before too.There is not huge change here isn't it.
    Not every mode has to be liked and played by all.If you don't like it you don't have to turn it on!
    I'm a PvE player to the core.I have always been and will be.The bonuses which War mode delivers are not such big improvement to change my mind about Open world PvP.I never liked it and i have never taken part in it.

If someone is playing War mode only for the bonus without taking into account the PvP aspect(which is Open world and not Organised instance) then his place is not there.
    What you want is not what war mode represents.Open world PvP is one thing and the modes RvsRvsR in DAOC or WvWvW in GW2 or AvAvA in ESO are another.Those are two totally different things.

I specifically gave BDO as example because both War mode and BDO are basically an open world PvP with a switch to turn on it or not.I did not enter into a specifics because BDO is not made the same way!