Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Thumbs down This community s not... great

Came back to Wow now with the expansion and by old habits I started to lurk at mmo-champion.com and boy have it changed! And it's not a good change, rarely seen such a toxic and bad community spirit.

Why do you even play the game when you constantly hate and spew bile over it and it's creators and fellow community members?

Here are a few I caught last night from the first page.

hahahahahaha hahahaha ahahahaha Fuck you.
    "If they do a "Level squish" lowering the max level I will literally quit WoW for good." "oh noes, we will miss you so much. not really"
    POS retard developers, nothign else to say about the ones working on Blizzard team HOW can they release such fiasco? THIS IS NOT A FREE TO PLAY GAME, BLIZZTARDS....WE PAY FOR THIS SHIT
    Fire hazikiostas, fire him today or he will kill the game fire this fucker
    Quit the game. No one will miss you. Go on, scram.
    I think this guy on reddit said it pretty well. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...uit_seriously/

(This post is obviously not meant for *you*, but for the ones who seem to comment before they had their morning coffee)

Let's make the wow community great again (sorry), I'm sure we can convey even negative feedback in a reasonably friendly manner.

It's not just this community, it's the entire Internet. We've devolved over the last 20 years and what's worse is it's spilling out in to the real world too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have to agree with @Embriel. Everything afflicted to the internet & social stigma in general have gone downhill the last couple of years. We'll continue to see it unless people man up and behave for the greater good.

Which is presumably what world leaders hope to achieve. (My own opinion, interpret it however you'd like)

10+ Year Old Account
    The anonymity of the internet brings out the very worst in people.

Then again most people that I meet ingame in WoW are mostly pretty nice but forums and fansites are filled with former players who still hang around like jilted ex-lovers and it creates a lot of confrontation.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

It's become gradually worse but back when there were mostly only the official WoW forums to post on, there was a TON of shit posted already. Moderation was a bit more strict though.

And to put your post a bit in retrospect, something from the same Reddit thread:

"I started playing WoW when legion launched and I came from playing LoL/FPS. When regarding toxicity I'm really happy with the WoW community I feel like its so much more tame and chill then other communities.

Sure some people are assholes, but the majority of people I interacted with have been super friendly and helpful and whenever I was new and screwed up a lot learning raid mechanics I wasn't told to neck myself, or uninstall , and etc from what I was use to.

What I'm seeing right now is just people are really passionate about the game and I'm not sure if its like this every pre-patch. So I'm just kinda peeking every now and then"
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by superninjapresident View Post
    Came back to Wow now with the expansion and by old habits I started to lurk at mmo-champion.com and boy have it changed! And it's not a good change, rarely seen such a toxic and bad community spirit.

Why do you even play the game when you constantly hate and spew bile over it and it's creators and fellow community members?

I think this guy on reddit said it pretty well. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...uit_seriously/

(This post is obviously not meant for *you*, but for the ones who seem to comment before they had their morning coffee)

Let's make the wow community great again (sorry), I'm sure we can convey even negative feedback in a reasonably friendly manner.
    I am sorry mate but this is the very same toxic nonsense that was here when I first came here in 2009. (even though my avatar says differently)
    And the community on mmo champion does not equal the community in WoW. In fact in WoW there is no community at all unless you mean your guild. And that last one HAS changed. It was not always like that. Personally I would not bother to come back to WoW. Especially if you liked expansions before (and including) Cata. The game has changed so much that you either need to treat it like a new game or accept that you will never feel about WoW as when you started to play the first few expansions
    Last edited by Vaelorian; 2018-07-20 at 08:15 AM.

Deleted
    Technology evolved at a rapid pace, but our social evolution didn't keep up. Best thing to do is to ignore and avoid, toxicity on the internet has zero value.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

This is why i play GW2. It has the best community in any mmo out there
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Coming back on a bad patch day may have quite some influence on this. It´s not that bad normally. But too many people spout their opinion as fact without thinking twice or thinking about other viewpoints about their pet peeve of the moment. That is true but has been true for many years now.

Just put the worst troll baiting thread starters on ignore and manullly filter the lesser ones out.
    There are many people here that write thought out posts about problems that are willing to discuss things to maybe get a consensus.
    But there are many people here also that don´t accept anything that doesn´t fit there narrative.

Deleted
    We should form a group called, I dunno, Antitox, and beat up people who don't adhere to our code of conduct.

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    they can be pretty salty sometimes too.. the bigger the community is the bigger chance is that it'll have some toxic people.
    wow's the biggest mmo so it's only natural for it too look like the worst. but as someone else mentioned compared to some other even bigger titles in other genres it's not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    It's not just this community, it's the entire Internet. We've devolved over the last 20 years and what's worse is it's spilling out in to the real world too.
    No asshole we didn't. You came to the world that was xbox live where people came to unwind and have fun then started acting like nun scolding people for naughty language.

The internet never changed you simply tried to change it and got rightly brow beaten back.

7+ Year Old Account

entire internet, it is not something only people with passion can use like it used to be, now everyone is on it. but the community has always been like this, even back since vanilla, dont forget hackers, scammers, and ninja looters?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    lol very debatable...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean, it's always been bad. Thottbot comment section!
    Oh yes that shit left some scars.

10+ Year Old Account
    its the entire internet, not just the wow community
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

To people saying it's the entire internet: no, it's not.

Actually, the space for edgy teenagers, who fight for their "freedom of speech on the internet" which mostly includes being able to insult different kinds of people has been shrinking and shrinking over the years. They are mostly tolerated on "gaming" forums of different kinds simply because there is a lot of them, but this too, will be eradicated at some point.

Internet is becoming more civilized and it does seep into the world of 'gamers' too.

Deleted
    we didnt devolve... Its just that you never got to listen to other People without the Internet

Humanity is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    To people saying it's the entire internet: no, it's not.

Actually, the space for edgy teenagers, who fight for their "freedom of speech on the internet" which mostly includes being able to insult different kinds of people has been shrinking and shrinking over the years. They are mostly tolerated on "gaming" forums of different kinds simply because there is a lot of them, but this too, will be eradicated at some point.

Internet is becoming more civilized and it does seep into the world of 'gamers' too.
    Yeah your right the new policy of a boot on every throat has gone pretty well.

Still there are those of us who keep the wildwest of the internet alive. So long as the image boards stands our presence will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    we didnt devolve... Its just that you never got to listen to other People without the Internet

Humanity is what it is.
    Well no, prior to the Internet people behaved a certain way IRL and were constantly pushed into that sort of behavior because being a giant asshat got you into a lot of trouble and in the beginning they carried that behavior over to the online communities which is why 95-05 online communities were for the most part pretty civilized. Today your social interactions take place online to a much larger degree and there are really no drawbacks to being the biggest asshole in a group of people you'll never talk to again, this leads to people getting the idea that they can behave like that IRL too and if they get punished for that it doesn't make them think about their behavior and try to change, it leads to them getting angrier and venting online.

Well no, prior to the Internet people behaved a certain way IRL and were constantly pushed into that sort of behavior because being a giant asshat got you into a lot of trouble and in the beginning they carried that behavior over to the online communities which is why 95-05 online communities were for the most part pretty civilized. Today your social interactions take place online to a much larger degree and there are really no drawbacks to being the biggest asshole in a group of people you'll never talk to again, this leads to people getting the idea that they can behave like that IRL too and if they get punished for that it doesn't make them think about their behavior and try to change, it leads to them getting angrier and venting online.
    No...they called people faggots constantly... how far back are we going it's kinda clear you want to take this back further then 30 years but less then that before people commonly called people n-word

Where was this magical wonder land you created in your head and when did it supposedly exist?
    Last edited by Nutrition; 2018-07-20 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Forgot using words from "civilized" times is to spicy for today.