Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Returning to draenor time skip?

While the scenario to get mag'har orcs from draenor hasn't happened yet, one thing that seems to be assured based on the story is then events back on AU draenor happens around 30 years later from the events we underwent when we were last there.

How does this work? Best i can assume is when garrosh originally went to this au time it was due to the bronze Dragon whos name i forget opening not just an alternative reality portal but time displaced one too.
    So now this current time we as horde to go get the mag'har it timeline of au draenor is now running parallel with azeroths MU timeline?

This is why blizzard shouldn't do time travel stories, their always a mess.
    #boycottchina

You travel to 30 years in the past of an alternate universe.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    AU stands for alternative universe. It does not stands for "past-time". Makes perfect sense.
    Are you confused with what the OP is talking about? We're connecting to the same AU again to get the Mag'har allied race, but somehow it's 30 years later for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    While the scenario to get mag'har orcs from draenor hasn't happened yet, one thing that seems to be assured based on the story is then events back on AU draenor happens around 30 years later from the events we underwent when we were last there.

How does this work? Best i can assume is when garrosh originally went to this au time it was due to the bronze Dragon whos name i forget opening not just an alternative reality portal but time displaced one too.
    So now this current time we as horde to go get the mag'har it timeline of au draenor is now running parallel with azeroths MU timeline?

whats the mess?
    before we traver in a AU draenor that is more or less in w1 time, now we simply travel in the actual AU without time traver. so simply :|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Are you confused with what the OP is talking about? We're connecting to the same AU again to get the Mag'har allied race, but somehow it's 30 years later for them.
    Time passes differently in different places in the Warcraft universe. Just like how for us Turalyon and Alleria have been gone a couple of decades, but to them it's been over a thousand years of fighting with the army of the light.

7+ Year Old Account

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziktus View Post
    Time passes differently in different places in the Warcraft universe. Just like how for us Turalyon and Alleria have been gone a couple of decades, but to them it's been over a thousand years of fighting with the army of the light.
    That's another can of worms on how he lived that long it he did fight for 1k years, but sooner this thread not to down that road
    #boycottchina

From the way I understand it is that originally the red dark portal was opened up to alternate draenors past because of a rogue agent of the bronze dragonflight. According to the lore presented that portal has since closed and opening up a new portal to alternate draenor instead opens it up to todays alternate draenor as the portal is not being fueled by bronze dragonflight time altering magic.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

7+ Year Old Account
    That's another can of worms on how he lived that long it he did fight for 1k years, but sooner this thread not to down that road
    you are overthinking it.
    he lived that long because the light made him live that long, it's that simple.

Formerly known as Arafal

Apparently the light gives you longevity

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's not even about time passing differently in different places. The original portal to AU Draenor was 'tuned' to 30 years in Draenor's past. The portal opened to acquire the Mag'har was just simply a portal to the current day Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziktus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    There is nothing to be confused about. It's not "somehow", it's clear as day what is happening. It's the famous Twin Paradox example.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_paradox

Instead of "high-speed rocket" you have portal.
    Yes I understand clearly what's implied, but it's still awfully convenient. Did everything on Azeroth happen, what, 1/30th of the speed when we were stuck on Draenor? How did we communicate with the builders and soldiers that were teleported from there? It's just convenience, that's why it's 'somehow'.

Garrosh and Kqiroz open a portal to the AU using Kairoz' bronze ability to also travel in time. That's how we traveled back.

When we go to collect on thedebt, we open a portal, this time with no time travel magic.

In WoD we moved through time and space to different universe in a different time
    This time we move only in space to a different universe, but the same time as ours..

Seriously it's like you never watched Doctor Who..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Why cant we just open another portal to the past and try again? And for that matter, Why is there not a infinite amount of hellscreams from alternative realities trying to invade Azeroth?

its not a mess, its rly simple, in WoD garrosh and kairoz went back in time before the legion got to AU Draenor so they can rally the orc clans and have a bigger fighting force when the legion arives for its 3rd invasion, but that plan backfired, in BfA we go to present day AU Draenor

Basically my understanding is that Kairoz allowed Garrosh back in time to the specific point before the corruption of the Orcs (otherwise going to AU-Draenor would be pointless for him). So its obvious there was initially time travel.

Eitrigg has a shard of Vision of Time that Garrosh used. Its only a shard so the connection is very weak and probably not capable of traveling though realities and time.

The streams of time and reality are ever-shifting

Is really the only explanation you get from the quest, but I think its easy to infer that the shard is only capable of making contact with Draenor in present day and not in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Why cant we just open another portal to the past and try again? And for that matter, Why is there not a infinite amount of hellscreams from alternative realities trying to invade Azeroth?
    Because the Vision of Time was destroyed. Its not possible anymore.

Also, apparently most alternative Garrosh's are heroes. Ours was the "worst one"

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Apparently the light gives you longevity
    Turyalyon is Lightforged, so he's immortal. In the 'stopped aging' sense that WoW means when it uses the word immortal.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought it took years for us to beat up the Burning Legion.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Yes I understand clearly what's implied, but it's still awfully convenient. Did everything on Azeroth happen, what, 1/30th of the speed when we were stuck on Draenor? How did we communicate with the builders and soldiers that were teleported from there? It's just convenience, that's why it's 'somehow'.
    I'd have said that the timeline on AU Draenor just progressed in parallel with ours for the year or so that we were connected, and then once the portal was separated because as far as they were concerned it was now 1 year after the Dark Portal opened they will have just continued through their timeline till we open a regular portal across to their world. Basically bringing their world into the same year that we're in so when we venture across it's all in sync like it should be without Visions of Time getting involved.

So it makes sense why quite a bit of time has passed since the events of WoD as far as Yrel and Grommash are concerned. What I don't get however is why is Grommash still alive and why aren't the Orcs simply either food or slave labour worldwide for the all mighty Draenei?