Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Some friends and I were throwing it around in discord about the five torches that were spoken about that lights the coming of the Old Gods.

What if the five torches are in relation to the 5 world trees

What if by taking them out through per say, corruption, destruction or whatever, helps undo the bond on Nzoth? What if that’s why Teldrassil burns?
    Hail Lord Bjor!

Anduin is clearly envy. Lust... lol

Other than that, very good theory, I hope it turn out to be accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Sloth (acedia) is closer to apathy than laziness.
    It's Alleria, then.
    Last edited by The7; 2018-07-20 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    Wrath - Genn Greymane
    Greed - Sylvanas (she want more and more dead humans so she can create more forsaken)
    Pride - Saurfang
    Envy - ???
    Sloth - Velen (he was always rather passiv and didn't did much)
    Gluttony - Gallywix
    Lust - Anduin (with Taelia later on!)

i can totally see that that many will embrace one of the sins and this will make the war a big one
    i wouldnt actually see it like you,
    i see it like this:

Wrath - Tyrande - look what happened to her peoples home
    Greed - Gallywix hands down - trying to profit off of azerite
    Pride - Yeah this would be Saurfang
    Envy - Sylvannas - she envys the living, she has said this many times, she envys that they can survive and thrive as a people.
    Sloth - my guess would have to be Baine - Tools done nothing since we first heard about him, lazy peacebloom smoker that he is.
    Lust - This woudl have to be alleria and he massive fucking hardon for the Sunwell.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    Anduin is Lust?

That's... bold.
    To be fair, he is the only attractive male character in the warcraft universe
    An'u belore delen'na

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    Is that a real thing ? And how did YOU come by it ?
    The dark studies expose you to lots of forbidden knowledge. Yet, i have no regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Pretty sure pop culture and the movie 7even is to blame since that is most people are familiar with the concept.

But you are correct. Lust (luxuria) doesn't mean sexual desire but to want something intensely. Sloth (acedia) is closer to apathy than laziness.
    well... lust, greed and envy are all intense desires for something. Pride, gluttony, wrath and sloth tend to more focus on how one takes action. it muddles things up most the time when people start going into more detailed explanations. Like the anime having gluttony be a rather intelligent caster who seems more hellbent on the consumption of knowledge... or the being of 'lust' that is an almost emotionless doll

I doubt they'll do the whole seven sins thing again since they already covered that ground with Y'shaarj, which made sense since he was described as being seven headed before the Hearthstone art came out.

Wrath - Jaina
    Greed - Gallywix
    Pride - Azshara
    Envy - Anduin
    Sloth - Magni
    Gluttony - Sylvanas
    Lust - ???
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Wrath - Jaina
    Greed - Gallywix
    Pride - Azshara
    Envy - Anduin
    Sloth - Magni
    Gluttony - Sylvanas
    Lust - ???
    Marcus, from the various "Steamy Romance Novels" found throughout WoW.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

So i looked up some stuff just out of curiosity for BfA and i noticed the Boss, "Pride of Azshara". It has a depiction of the Nightelf Azshara on its chest. Then i remembered it uses the same model as the "Wrath of Azshara" and it also has an image of Nightelf Azshara on its chest. That got me thinking.
    It's actually one of Azshara's handmaidens that you see in the Well of Eternity dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Marcus, from the various "Steamy Romance Novels" found throughout WoW.
    He will reveal that he fused with sha of hentai during MoP to create ultimate fetishist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    He will reveal that he fused with sha of hentai during MoP to create ultimate fetishist.
    I think "hentai" is a bit too specific for one of the greater Sha - they generally cover the more basic emotions, e.g. Despair, Violence, Hatred, Anger, Pride, etc. etc. Although a Sha of Lust wouldn't be too beyond the pale.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

How people figure Anduin is envy. My bones are already hurting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    I doubt they'll do the whole seven sins thing again since they already covered that ground with Y'shaarj, which made sense since he was described as being seven headed before the Hearthstone art came out.
    What about twisted virtues, Ultima-style?

For example, the twisting of the Charity virtue was "give everything you can, or else."
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're hamfisting in the 7 deadly sins just so you can use the imagery. These connections are reaching to infinity and beyond.
    When I went up the stair, I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today. I wish I wish he'd go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    Whale Shark is the devourer of the slow moving and inattentive. This includes plankton, whales, and AFK players.

Whale Shark swims where and how it pleases. Whale Shark /spits on your science.

Wrath - Genn Greymane
    Greed - Sylvanas (she want more and more dead humans so she can create more forsaken)
    Pride - Saurfang
    Envy - ???
    Sloth - Velen (he was always rather passiv and didn't did much)
    Gluttony - Gallywix
    Lust - Anduin (with Taelia later on!)

i can totally see that that many will embrace one of the sins and this will make the war a big one
    This is super far-fetched. I gotta agree with Seethe here.... This really just feels like you are trying to get show something that totally isn't there. Saurfang is literally just trying to have some level of honor in a war that has no honor to it. Velen was seriously blinded by faith and believed things would come as he saw. The argument is even worse when stating Gallywix is gluttony when he would fit the role of Greed even better. Sylvanas as Greed makes some sense, but her greed is nowhere near Gallywix's level of greed. Hell, I think Gallywix literally fits the role of every deadly sin here. You are also trying to shoehorn a character into a role for an event that we do not know if it'll happen. Yeah, I bet Anduin is gonna go town on Taelia... but fitting him into Lust? Man, you didn't even finish Envy up