Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Actually it is. The whole point of the sword in that cinematic is to show that he is not the fighter his father was. That's why they made him throw the sword down, that's why it's a focal point of that angle, it wasn't just too look cool.
    My impression exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by felrager View Post
    That straight up looked like the paladin rez from WC3 to me. If you're a priest in plate wielding a sword you're no longer a priest, you're a paladin. Either way both wield the holy light, one just uses a sword and armor the other wears cloth and uses a stick. We'll find out in BFA where his story takes him whether he's a paladin or a priest. *munches popcorn*
    We already know, Blizzard has already stated that lol. I kind of think they would know at this point?

Paladin, priests don’t wear plate. Don’t wanna hear excuses

Quote Originally Posted by TLH View Post
    Just going off that trailer for the expansion, he is obviously dressed like a paladin, wields the weapon of a paladin, looks like a paladin, but that call to the heavens for divine light to resurrect and heal his allies within that dome of holy light.... hmm dome... that seems kind of like a paladin.

But I heard some youtube reactor say it was like a priest. Please confirm.
    Hero Class Priestadin

He is a king. What he wears is his kingly battle armor. It is why it has so much Alliance bling on it. Anduin himself is a priest.

The phrase, "A priest before all else" from the book is what I took away from the cinematic. Him understanding that a king is supposed to wear the armor and act as a beacon to his forces, but realizing that he is a priest before all else and becoming that beacon through his own methods.
    Last edited by G3 Ghost; 2018-07-20 at 10:34 PM.

Deleted
    Demon Hunters are literally Warlocks that use warglaives and wear leather armour. Is Illidan a Warlock?

10+ Year Old Account
    Battle Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    He's a cleric

10+ Year Old Account
    Mary Sue's don't have class restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Why didn't any old random soldier do it then?
    Because Blizzard didn't want a regular soldier to do it?

He's a Priest. He calls himself a Priest. All. The. Time.

He's a Priest, confirmed by Blizzard.

I think the confusion mostly stems from the fact that ''a Priest that picks up a sword and dons armor'' is pretty much exactly what a Paladin is. Whereas even in plate armor Thrall was clearly still a Shaman and no plate Elements-wielding class exists.

IMO the sword was enough to make him special, instead of bulky armor I feel that a kingly set of robes would have fit his character and class far better.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Yeah that's not an argument my dude
    What the truth not strong enough of an argument? Ok then, they wanted to prop Anduin up as being a strong character because prior to this he hasn't been.

a Paladin isnt just someone who wears armor and uses the Light

it is an Order of Warriors (The Blood Knights, the Sunwalkers, The Silver Hand) wholey devoted to the Light, and are used as its weapon to defend people.

priests are connected to each other through their faith but their connection to any Group is merely social/political. its the difference between being an Official member and a fan.

furthermore Anduin though he's connected to the light, has the teachings to understand the void. Paladins are servents of the Light Specifically. a great example is Turalyon's devotion to X'era, his patronizing of that Naaru imprisoning his wife; and Anduin being more than happy to bring void entities into the alliance 'so long as they follow your teachings".

Its understandable to make this mistake because they dont go in depth with it, but thats the problem. A Paladin isnt just a Light wielder with a sword and armor. Perhaps they should expand on it but thats how it is now.

remember in the book with Tirion he was excommunicated from the Order of the Silver Hand and lost his powers. The Light is the magic of connection. As the priest in Shattrath says its amplified through emotions and connections between people. Hope, love, empathy makes it grow, so those (like anduin or velen) who have great love and empathy to others (regardless of who they are) are strong with the Light. As Such The Order gave Tirion and the other warriors turned paladins their power THROUGH their connections to the rest of the order, the Order bestowed it upon them.

however when Eitrigg was dying Tirion made his OWN connection with the Light, he lost the connection he had with the Order but found a different path.

- - - Updated - - -

oh geeze am i the first one to explain it in 6 pages and not just say "he's a priest cus they said so"?
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    What the truth not strong enough of an argument? Ok then, they wanted to prop Anduin up as being a strong character because prior to this he hasn't been.
    eh Anduin has always been a strong character.

He called Varian out on his bullshit when he was just 14 or so. Helped uncover Onyxia. we didnt find out till recently but apparently he DID help run the city at least to the point to understand what was going on. he wasnt off playing with dolls while Bolvar made all the decisions.

He went abroad and learned from the Oldest known Priest, defied the High King when he knew the HIgh King was being an ass. defied him further when Varian got violent. he went to ironforged, became a celebrity there based on how much people loved him (for being so sociable and kind and diplomatic). helped seal diplomatic ties with Baine Bloodhoof, stopped his father from committing Regicide. Survived on Pandaria and set out to discover the great source of healing there to the point he even used mind control to keep the SI7 from bringing him in. And negotiated with one of Pandaria's Gods to allow people into the Vale, sought out the Divine Bell , befriended the Black Prince and even foiled one of his own assassination attempts.

Anduin has always been a fascinating and interesting character. For some reason people see him having compasion or needing help as 'weakness" but there is nothing to such arguments

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Warrior-Priest.

No that's not just a Paladin shut up.
    simply put, then you'd have Paladins that use shadow powers

Anduin, Tyrande, and Velen have shown they understand the necessity of shadow

the closest most paladins have gotten are Tirion being willing to work with the Ebon Blade, really

i'm still interested in seeing what will come of Turalyon and Alleria. other than his patronizing "i'm sure the thing that almost killed you cus you save my life with purple magic will not throw you in prison again, since you helped save her"

I'm guessing after Velen explained off Camera that the Light and Void are basically the same consmic energy with two different polarities and that X'era kept from them the fact if she was ever critically injured she'd probably go all dark and suck the out of her constituants, made him realize his bias is somewhat flawed
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

He's a bad ass. Doesn't need a class. He simply is Anduin. Almost on the level of Chuck Norris bad-assness.

The first paladins in warcraft games where not priests at all.

They were knights who were blessed/taught by priests because the priests sucked at fighting on the frontlines and were slaughtered.

Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    Hes a soft little boy king. Who needs approval from Greymane to take a shit.
    This comment makes me think Re4leaders girlfriend saw Anduins pretty boy face and left him for the shiny king surrounded by golden light. You are right to be mad.
    I am impelled, not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    eh Anduin has always been a strong character.

He called Varian out on his bullshit when he was just 14 or so. Helped uncover Onyxia. we didnt find out till recently but apparently he DID help run the city at least to the point to understand what was going on. he wasnt off playing with dolls while Bolvar made all the decisions.

He went abroad and learned from the Oldest known Priest, defied the High King when he knew the HIgh King was being an ass. defied him further when Varian got violent. he went to ironforged, became a celebrity there based on how much people loved him (for being so sociable and kind and diplomatic). helped seal diplomatic ties with Baine Bloodhoof, stopped his father from committing Regicide. Survived on Pandaria and set out to discover the great source of healing there to the point he even used mind control to keep the SI7 from bringing him in. And negotiated with one of Pandaria's Gods to allow people into the Vale, sought out the Divine Bell , befriended the Black Prince and even foiled one of his own assassination attempts.

Anduin has always been a fascinating and interesting character. For some reason people see him having compasion or needing help as 'weakness" but there is nothing to such arguments

Barking up the wrong tree and not what I meant at all, I actually agree with you on those points. I was talking more on the combat front. We have seen little of his strengths on the field of battle and I think that's why in the cinematic and against the machine they made it a point to show he is a powerful character.

We know Anduin can be good a good diplomat but as far as I can remember outside of tossing a shield on Varian I'm not sure we've really seen him in action really.

He's a priest.

There was a fairly significant message presented in the cinematic directly relating to this. He takes up his fallen father's sword, but his army, advisers and friends are dying around him. Only when he lets go of the sword and lets it fall from his fingers and use his priestly abilities does everyone get back up and turn the tide of battle.