Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Will people want to do WQ as much without legendaries, RNG mounts?

Emissary quests had the highest chance to reward legendaries so people felt compelled to farm them even though the world quest reward itself was garbage. I know that once I got my legendaries and saw that I hadn't gotten a single mount from exalted+ I gave up on doing world quests for a long time. "What's the point of getting 10k rep for a 1% chance at a mount?" Others kept farming regardless of the low chance at the mount though and it kept them going. In BFA there aren't legendaries or RNG mount rewards from emissary chests (that I know of). Although most people hated how RNG legendaries were, it did keep us on a treadmill longer. Is there a similar system to keep us doing world quests in BFA for better or worse?

Deleted
    Not a chance.

Don't worry, they'll add bullshit RNG mounts to WQs, they didn't add them until 7.1/7.2 for Legion.

Still basically required to do for rep/AP just no longer required to do for months on end to acquire all legiondaries. There will be a point in each patch where you can stop doing them, but you still have to do them to properly progress in the game.

AKA they're basically like old dailies now with the added requirement of needing to do them to get your Heart to the level you need it at in a timely manner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course not. Some people will do them to rep up etc but unless there's a reasonable chance at getting something very cool, why do them? The only other reason I could see would be gold, but that's a hard line to follow - too little gold and it' not an incentive. Too much and you flood the economy.

In comparison to MoP (minus the gate for August Celestials), world quests were a substandard system.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    For first part (8.0-8.1) people will do them for AP, initial gearing for alts and maxing out reputations. Later for sure Blizz introduce some new reward, I think about something similar to Valor at the end of WoD (that gave reason to do dungeons and LFR) and Wakening Essence in Legion. And I wouldn't exclude return of paragon mounts for existing factions in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    In comparison to MoP (minus the gate for August Celestials), world quests were a substandard system.
    I like how accessible world quests are, but I missed the RP aspect of going to a quest giver and working on a campaign like Isle of Thunder. Wood quests feel too mechanical and unnatural.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Emissary quests had the highest chance to reward legendaries so people felt compelled to farm them even though the world quest reward itself was garbage. I know that once I got my legendaries and saw that I hadn't gotten a single mount from exalted+ I gave up on doing world quests for a long time. "What's the point of getting 10k rep for a 1% chance at a mount?" Others kept farming regardless of the low chance at the mount though and it kept them going. In BFA there aren't legendaries or RNG mount rewards from emissary chests (that I know of). Although most people hated how RNG legendaries were, it did keep us on a treadmill longer. Is there a similar system to keep us doing world quests in BFA for better or worse?
    If they aren't worth doing on their own merits then they are a failed system that doesn't deserve to exist. If they need something like legendaries to prop them up they should just be scrapped.

Just see them for what they are, reskinned dailies, they don't need to be super special, they exist to get Rep, AP and beginner/catch up gear.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-07-21 at 08:52 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I won't be doing any of them after getting reps to exalted.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Seeing as how I'm not currently doing emissaries for factions I've reached exalted with and/or gotten the Paragon mount from, I guess I won't bother once I have what I need aka mounts and Allied Race(s).

Sorta doubt I'll care much for the slight gold and/or AP income when the time comes.

I'll only be doing them just to get the rep to exalted and thats pretty much it! If the rewards from the WQ themselves stay bad then whats the point after exalted. I swear though if Paragon mounts come back I think I may just end up crying.....please not again
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never underestimate the power of having something to do. That matters to some.

Nonetheless, if they aren't being used as much as Blizzard would like they'll throw something into them to make them more attractive.

We've done dailies for rep for years. WQ are basically the same thing, just more variety.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Not a chance and even less so without a functional way to group for them.

As a collector I fucking despised the RNG that were Paragon mounts. Took me since 7.2 til February to get them all...

No one wants to do them now, or the week after they were released.

So no, but if we dont do it, we will get so far behind we might as well go wipe on hogger

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll do them when I feel like it.
    Here is something to believe in!

My main purpose for emissary's was for gold and resources (to fuel gold missions). It was extremely lucrative on 12 characters, netting millions of gold throughout Legion.

This was my reason for doing it in Legion. If there isn't a reward for something, I don't do it. I'm sure there will be lucrative reasons to do emissary's in BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    As a collector I fucking despised the RNG that were Paragon mounts. Took me since 7.2 til February to get them all...
    i haven't been super farming them. But i have between paragon 10-15 on all except argus reps where i have around 4-5. I have NOT got a single mount. I hate this system more than everything else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Will do em till exalted, im 100% sure they will add paragon chests to ppl got an "reason" to do em, speaking off...50+ Valajar chests, still no fucking storm drake, so fucking dumb.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s