Page 1 of 2
LastLast

July 23 Hotfixes, Blue Posts, MDI All-Stars Team Selection, Azerite Armor Guide

Diablo Beastiary Book & Challenge Rift - Week 57

New Priest Card Reveal - Omega Medic

Overwatch League News and Highlights - How Philadelphia Fusion and London Spitfire WON!

Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes - July 23
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes

Character Services
    • Fixed a bug where boosting a Demon Hunter character or using a class trial Demon Hunter equipped the character with rogue gear.

Creatures and NPCs
    • Slitherblade Myrmidon's Localized Toxin no longer deals excessive amounts of damage.

Dungeons and Raids
    • Antorus, the Burning Throne
      • Felhounds of Sargeras
        • Singed damage reduced by 75%.
      • Eonar
        • Strike damage reduced by 60%.
        • Reduced the health of Fel Hound, Fel Lord, and Felguard.
      • Antoran High Command
        • Psychic Assault damage stacks less aggressively.
      • Portal Keeper Hasabel
        • Blazing Imp health reduced by 30%.
      • Imonar
        • Pulse Grenade damage reduced by 30%.
        • Stasis Trap damage reduced by 30%.
      • Coven of Shivarra
        • Shadow Blades damage reduced by 50%.
      • Aggramar
        • Wake of Flame damage reduced by 20%.
    • Auchenai Crypts
      • Shirrak the Dead Watcher
        • Carnivorous Bite now does considerably less damage.
    • Blackrock Depths
      • Reduced General Angerforge's attack damage.
      • Reduced Fineous Darkvire’s attack damage.
    • Blackwing Lair
      • Ebonroc
        • Shadow of Ebonroc no longer heals for excessive amounts.
    • Dire Maul
      • Reduced the damage done by Gordok Reavers summoned by Captain Kromcrush.
    • Forge of Souls
      • Reduced Bronjahm’s damage and the damage increase done by Magic's Bane to casters.
    • Halls of Origination
      • Reduced Anhurr's Divine Reckoning damage.
    • Gate of the Setting Sun
      • Fixed an issue where Ga'dok would fall and despawn.
    • Grimrail Depot
      • Borka the Brute and Railmaster Rocketspark
        • Unmanaged Aggression now does considerably less damage and provides less haste.
    • Lower Blackrock Spire
      • Shadow Hunter Vosh'gajin’s Curse of Blood no longer increases damage taken by an excessive amount.
    • Maraudon
      • Reduced Rotgrip’s attack damage.
    • Maw of Souls
      • Helya
        • Piercing Tentacle no longer does excessive damage.
    • Mogu’shan Palace
      • Reduced the damage done by Gekkan and his associates.
    • Mogu’shan Vaults
      • Fixed a bug where The Spirit Kings could sometimes unintentionally respawn.
    • Neltharion’s Lair
      • Dargrul’s Crystal Spikes no longer incorrectly prioritizes tanks.
    • The Nighthold
      • Tichondrius
        • The healing amount of Vampiric Aura has been reduced to 10% of the target’s health.
        • Feast of Blood now activates Vampiric Aura (was an increase to Vampiric Aura).
    • The Oculus
      • Reduced the damage of Drakos the Interrogator’s Sphere Detonation and melee attacks.
    • Pit of Saron
      • Reduced Forgemaster Garfrost’s damage.
    • Return to Karazhan
      • Centurion, Pyrelord, and Core Hound creatures summoned by Backup Singer should no longer have excessive health.
    • Scarlet Halls
      • Exploding Shot Stalker no longer deals excessive damage.
    • Scarlet Monastery
      • Scorched Earth no longer deals excessive damage.
    • Tomb of Sargeras
      • Kil’Jaeden
        • Demonic Obelisk should no longer deal excessive damage.
    • Ulduar
      • Vehicle power scaling adjusted to better fit post-squish item levels.
    • The Underbog
      • Swamplord Muselek no longer deals excessive damage.
    • Utgarde Keep
      • Ingvar the Plunderer’s Dark Smash and Dreadful Roar no longer paint his face with as much of your blood.
    • Vortex Pinnacle
      • Reduced the damage done by Altairus' Chilling Breath and Lightning Blast.

Items
    • Sticky Bomb damage has been reduced.
    • Mecha-Blast Rocket damage has been reduced.
    • Gunpowder Charge damage has been reduced.

Player versus Player
    • The item Net-O-Matic 5000 should work in Stormwind and Orgrimmar on targets who are flagged for PvP and have War Mode enabled.

• Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
      • The rate at which Hammer of Reckoning stacks are gained has been reduced to 1 stack per 5% of the Paladin's maximum health in damage.

• Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
      • Crowd control spells that immediately break on damage such as Polymorph and Freezing Trap will now remove Shadow Mend's damage over time effect in PvP combat.

• Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
      • Fury Warriors can no longer continuously cast Heroic Leap when they have the Honor Talent Barbarian.
      • Barbarian will correctly interact with the additional Heroic Leap charges granted by Timeless Stratagem.

Quests
    • Fixed a bug with the Emergency Fire Ward on “Bael’dun Rescue”.
    • “The Stolen Silver” can again be properly looted when clicking on the Stolen Silver Lockbox.
    • Enemies no longer do excessive damage in “The Defense of Karabor”.
    • Gymer should now be better at surviving throughout “The Storm King’s Vengeance”.
    • Bone Armor now more substantial and effective on “Ever Watching From Above”.
    • The Great Northern Elderhorn should no longer vanish during the Leatherworking quest “Mounting Made Easy”.
    • Fixed a bug where Thrall would not complete the Hour of Twilight event if Arcurion was killed quickly.
    • The Forest’s Edge bounty board again offers “WANTED: Hogger”.
    • Horde players can again use the Sunreaver Portal during "Insertion".
    • Fixed a bug causing the spell Soul Blast to deal too much damage during "The Storm King's Vengeance".
    • Enemy machine gun fire no longer deals excessive damage on “The Pride of Kezan”.
    • Fixed a bug preventing the turn in of "Captain Sanders' Hidden Treasure".

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Daughter of the Sea song
    So Blizz, where can we download the song in the Warbringers: Jaina short? That music was really f-cking good and I want it on my phone so I can listen to it on repeat. Any plans to put it available on iTunes? Spotify? Amazon? etc?

Currently at this time it's not downloadable. I'll pass on that you guys were asking for it though and ask. I know it wasn't mentioned on this thread but I've seen it asked in a lot of places and wanted to point out that is actually Laura Bailey singing as Jaina Proudmoore and Donal Kearney sings the male lead. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

MDI All-Stars Team Selection Update
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The MDI All-Stars event at BlizzCon promises to be one of the most exciting moments in our extended rollout of Battle for Azeroth. To ensure the competitive integrity of the event, the WoW Esports team is disqualifying Gulch Trotters from the MDI All-Stars event.

Two members of Gulch Trotters, the fourth-place finishers in the MDI competition, are no longer eligible to participate in WoW Esports events due to suspension for Terms of Use violations. Going into MDI All-Stars, teams are allowed a single substitution to keep the spirit of fair play. Because the team won’t have the required number of eligible players, Gulch Trotters will be replaced by Free Marsy at the MDI All-Stars exhibition.

More information on the Mythic Dungeon Invitational All-Stars event, including schedule and format, will be released soon.

Ask Mr. Robot's Azerite Armor Guide
    Our friends over at Ask Mr. Robot have put together a nice guide and infographic for those looking for a little more in-depth detail on the Azerite armor system.

10+ Year Old Account
    wew lots of dungeon fixes finally

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Can't wait to watch this game burn in hell!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Or just go play a different game... crazy idea I know.

Quote Originally Posted by crymind View Post
    Or just go play a different game... crazy idea I know.
    Ya, no sh!t.

Better late than never, especially for Antorus. We lost a week of mythic raiding due to the problems in there. Oh well, I guess it's to be expected with any major Blizzard patch.

Have they said anything about guild master controls yet with the 8.0 changes, specifically with regards to giving out permissions? Right now it's horrible with the new "Is Officer" rank that grants eight permissions with a single checkmark box. Prior to patch 8.0 each of those eight permissions had their own checkmark box and it was MUCH better regarding the customization of controls and ranks. Right now it's a hot mess as a result of the patch, and it's upset a lot of guild masters.
    Last edited by Wretchedmist; 2018-07-24 at 05:09 AM.

Deleted
    Suprised to see no Argus nerfs mainly towards shattered bonds cus the damage is now insane.

the amount of hotfix seem too much for a game that suppose to have QC
    not to mention that quest being gated behind weekly schedule, so tell me again why should we add game time 1 month before launch instead of 7 day before launch
    since when that a patch day was no longer new content release day but 1 month before content release day

You'll be waiting for a very very long time pal, have fun!

The Forest’s Edge bounty board again offers “WANTED: Hogger”.
    Isn’t he supposed to be in stockades already? Looks like the woman and Hogger “costume” wasn’t just an Easter egg after all...

Quote Originally Posted by DomEmby View Post
    Isn’t he supposed to be in stockades already? Looks like the woman and Hogger “costume” wasn’t just an Easter egg after all...
    Continuity: You, the player, are the reason why he is captured during the Wanted quest. This leads to Hogger being a prisoner in the Stockades and one of the bosses of the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by bigamie View Post
    Continuity: You, the player, are the reason why he is captured during the Wanted quest. This leads to Hogger being a prisoner in the Stockades and one of the bosses of the dungeon.
    Ah, I thought we took his head in the quest though? Or am I remembering that wrong?

Edit: it was a “Huge Gnoll Claw” although we were told to show proof of his demise back before the revamp
    Last edited by DomEmby; 2018-07-24 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DomEmby View Post
    Ah, I thought we took his head in the quest though? Or am I remembering that wrong?

Edit: it was a “Huge Gnoll Claw” although we were told to show proof of his demise back before the revamp
    When it comes to MMO questing, unless a revamp to push the story forward is made, everything is stopped in time: Hogger is still at large, Vanessa VanCleef still leads the reborn Defias, etc. (I know, they made a revamp in Cata, yet Hogger is still around... I guess they're selective)

In other words, there's no point in worrying about continuity because Blizzard's not going to change anything just for that.

It's probably a problem to put demoralized on all legion raids... Blizzard please, no one cares now, just do it like you did with wod. No one wants to reprogress the bosses we killed 20+ times. Like wtf is aggramar nerf? Ability is fully dodgeable and it is not the problem with this fight.
    Last edited by Appleson; 2018-07-24 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedmist View Post
    Have they said anything about guild master controls yet with the 8.0 changes, specifically with regards to giving out permissions? Right now it's horrible with the new "Is Officer" rank that grants eight permissions with a single checkmark box. Prior to patch 8.0 each of those eight permissions had their own checkmark box and it was MUCH better regarding the customization of controls and ranks. Right now it's a hot mess as a result of the patch, and it's upset a lot of guild masters.
    You can access the old Guild Roster interface by using the command /guildroster. That should help for now.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    Really really important to make sure diemetradons are the right size.... instead of fixing the other 100 weird pet bugs there is since they revamped the whole pet system.
    Gotta love blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    wew lots of dungeon fixes finally
    but no fix for tot animus hc.. for most classes this is the end of the road!

"Tamed diemetradons are no longer dino-sized."
    fun detetected, fun destroyd!
    really blizz, NO hunter saw this as an error!
    the tamed size was a little huge but this was OK and no one mention that this was a bug.
    really sad for this..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    but no fix for tot animus hc.. for most classes this is the end of the road!

"Tamed diemetradons are no longer dino-sized."
    fun detetected, fun destroyd!
    really blizz, NO hunter saw this as an error!
    the tamed size was a little huge but this was OK and no one mention that this was a bug.
    really sad for this..
    i did him just fine on my druid. went guardian and had no problems. only boss that wiped me was raden

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

No mention of reducing the health that mobs have in vanilla dungeons. It's far too much. In fact, mobs in places like Stratholme and Blackrock Depths have far more health than those in Burning Crusade or Wrath dungeons - and we're talking two to three times as much, not just a little bit.

People have been saying that since Wrath dropped. And they are still waiting. And 10 years from now...if it really bothers you that much...you'll still be waiting yourself. Move on with your life, bro...seriously. If it bothers you that much....move on.