Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Pre-patch content

So here we are again, gated pre-patch chain quest. Why?

People were hyped for the pre-patch to finally come then were disappointed not only by the fact that there was nothing new to do but because Blizz failed hard to deliver the patch.

Now here we are one week after pre-patch hit, the quest for pre-BFA unlocks, everyone thought they would have something to do while waiting for BFA, you know like the pre-patch for Legion? Nope, 20min chain quest and come back next week for another part!

This is ridiculous.

Because Blizz is so insecure to basically require you to log in every week until BfA launch by gating rather than making sure their game is fun so that you WANT to log in every day until launch.

I miss the Legion pre-patch, I thought it was fairly well received.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Because Blizz is so insecure to basically require you to log in every week until BfA launch by gating rather than making sure their game is fun so that you WANT to log in every day until launch.
    That's why they have World Quests after the fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fotmwarlock View Post
    I miss the Legion pre-patch, I thought it was fairly well received.
    You mean where in the beginning you had an invasion and then had to wait a day to do another invasion that only changed the end boss?
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Whats crazy is most people who were planning on resubbing for prepatch, essentially did so today ( or will do so today ), and they'll just find out they SHOULD wait until the week before BFA, that way they get 3 weeks of game time for BFA, plus can knock out the prepatch content in its entirety.

Time gating a fuckin quest chain is retarded. Blizzard has truly lost sight of what made their games great, and that was giving the players what they wanted, a fluid, narrative that made sense and could be completed in full... instead we get this here's 1/3rd of the story, check back next week to see whats happening in azeroth bullshit.

i would much rather have a 2 hour questline to burn through at my own pace than be cockblocked every week for a month. If you burn through all of the content in one sitting, you should go do something else in or out of game instead of bitching about lack of content. It's ridiculous for Blizzard to cave to these people and also ridiculous for people to have complained in the past when we had non-gated content.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not really ridiculous prepatches for the most part have had very little content in them other then a few exceptions. I’m personally doing what I do every pre patch and leveling a new toon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    That's why they have World Quests after the fact.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean where in the beginning you had an invasion and then had to wait a day to do another invasion that only changed the end boss?
    Yay, we'll have 6 days to get ilvl 190 catch up gear that we could've just gotten on argus anyways in a day or 2! At least we'll get it in time to use it for 10 minutes of questing in BFA before it's useless!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veldoranz View Post
    i would much rather have a 2 hour questline to burn through at my own pace than be cockblocked every week for a month. If you burn through all of the content in one sitting, you should go do something else in or out of game instead of bitching about lack of content. It's ridiculous for Blizzard to cave to these people and also ridiculous for people to have complained in the past when we had non-gated content.
    To be fair, it wasnt really the crowd that burned through new content in a few hours that was the problem. The problem was blizzards solution was to just tell everyone, instead of the majority of people getting days worth of content that they can work through in their own time, since theres some people who do it all in one sitting, you're all gonna get 20 minutes of content, and then wait a week.

It makes no damn sense.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Whats crazy is most people who were planning on resubbing for prepatch, essentially did so today ( or will do so today ), and they'll just find out they SHOULD wait until the week before BFA, that way they get 3 weeks of game time for BFA, plus can knock out the prepatch content in its entirety.

Time gating a fuckin quest chain is retarded. Blizzard has truly lost sight of what made their games great, and that was giving the players what they wanted, a fluid, narrative that made sense and could be completed in full... instead we get this here's 1/3rd of the story, check back next week to see whats happening in azeroth bullshit.
    How have they lost sight though they have been time gating story lines since bc this falls in line with that trend they have just gotten rid of the rep requirement which has upsides and down sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Yay, we'll have 6 days to get ilvl 190 catch up gear that we could've just gotten on argus anyways in a day or 2! At least we'll get it in time to use it for 10 minutes of questing in BFA before it's useless!

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, it wasnt really the crowd that burned through new content in a few hours that was the problem. The problem was blizzards solution was to just tell everyone, instead of the majority of people getting days worth of content that they can work through in their own time, since theres some people who do it all in one sitting, you're all gonna get 20 minutes of content, and then wait a week.

It makes no damn sense.
    No reasonable person assumed you'd do the whole quest line in the first week.

#wwgd

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It's such a disappointment that this is what it's degraded to after the excelent Legion pre patch.

The world quests are completely useless. Who needs 190 gear in this day and age? It's not like it's useful for alts either since the mage tower was removed and BfA leveling gear will replace it if it isn't replaced before then.

So many whiny impatient and entitled babies in these threads.
    Personally I couldn't care less. Gives me more time to level up my Allied Races before the expansion hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It's such a disappointment that this is what it's degraded to after the excelent Legion pre patch.
    Yeah really excellent. Invasions to level a ton of alts. That's it as far as i remember. All this content! Couldn't play it all

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naiyano View Post
    Yeah really excellent. Invasions to level a ton of alts. That's it as far as i remember. All this content! Couldn't play it all
    Leveling those alts kept me busy the entire pre patch. This questline will keep me busy for a combined total of 30 minutes.

There was also the ability to turn into a Dreadlord, which was awsome.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post

The world quests are completely useless. Who needs 190 gear in this day and age? It's not like it's useful for alts either since the mage tower was removed and BfA leveling gear will replace it if it isn't replaced before then.
    You mean the invasions that gave gear no one needed and were only good for leveling alts?

Or the weekly time-gated quests that led up to launch?

#wwgd

Quote Originally Posted by Naiyano View Post
    Which, if you were smart, allowed you to level as many characters as you wanted, with minimal effort. Which in turn allowed you to get millions of gold during Legion with class halls. Now we get...30 minutes of questing, spread across 3 weeks, 10 minutes per week...Oh, multiply it by 2, if you want both the Alliance and Horde mounts. That's an hour of questing for entire prepatch. That...doesn't really compare.

Pre-patches never had a ton of content. Why should this one be different?

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Pretty much the only pre-patch that was this small is MoP's prepatch. Others had quite a lot of stuff to do.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    No one is asking for a ton of content. But the fact is that with relatively few class changes in BfA, the game doesn't really feel like there is much to learn or do right now. Which I never really felt with the other prepatch events except for MoP. Zombie invasion, World rifts, Legion invasions.. true, WoD was kinda lacking too, but every class was changed one way or another, so that took most of the time window for me.