Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    You're assuming this. The entirety of the right doesn't argue that the entirety of the left is just snowflakes and pc culture. You're wrong.
    Did you miss the entire 2016 campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Did you miss the entire 2016 campaign?
    Did you not understand what I wrote? I didn't miss the campaign, but you're missing my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    More like, it's different when there actually is a meaningful difference.
    Whatever makes you seem like the hero in your story, I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.
    I can hear the REE from here.
    Quote Originally Posted by cronotose View Post
    The winner is not always the bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    But it was a sketch....? How is anyone taking this seriously, it was literally a joke, nonetheless a decade old joke. People never cease to surprise me with their outrageously oversensitive reactions.
    There's a subtext here that no one will admit. They "got one" on the right (Roseanne Barr), so now we have to "get one" on the left, or else it's not fair. That's what triggered the exhaustive effort to dig up decade-old tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Did you not understand what I wrote? I didn't miss the campaign, but you're missing my point.
    There is no entirety of anything that agree on any one idea so it's kind of a moot point, my point was that a big enough majority of it is present.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramlen View Post
    Whatever makes you seem like the hero in your story, I suppose.
    Um what? Do you know what I was referring to? How is making a joke about child molesters a decade ago, and then apologizing for it years ago, the same as using racial slurs to attack people on twitter? Am I a hypocrite for saying that making a joke about child molestation is different from being a child molester? One action has a victim, the other doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Actually, just registered.
    Uh huh, sure. We're very "happy" to see you join, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're only allowed to destroy someone's career for being offensive if they are right wing.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    You're only allowed to destroy someone's career for being offensive if they are right wing.
    If you're talking about Roseanne Barr, it's pretty clear that she destroyed her own career.

Real offensive direct actions against someone personally and professionally.....

vs

fake outrage and revenge.....using decades old jokes, skits, etc.....

and then saying..."you started it"

Wow just Wow.

Any day now they are definitely going to give Howard Stern the Death Penalty.....if they go back and pull the shit from his shows.

The internet mob justice is getting ridiculous, it's the modern day torch and pitchfork.

Dan Harmon pretends to molest babies, gets called out. Blame the alt right? Libtards working overtime.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is making a fortune off of the presidency in a way no other president has been allowed to. This is a fact.
    Based on what facts?

I'm not sure what you're alleging about Clinton, but how has she made money in a way that was unethical? Using "influence?" She wasn't in office, so she was allowed to charge for speaking fees as many public figures do.
    She was Secretary of State while this was happening.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Based on what facts?

He owns Mar-a-Lago. They doubled their membership fee after he became president ($200,000). People from all over the world happily pay it for access to the president. He also holds events in his own buildings so he can pay himself directly out of his campaign funds. He owns buildings around the world that have gone up dramatically in value. He also favors his own international businesses in his tariff war, and uses his power as president to secure better contracts. Foreign governments have "donated" lands and funds to Trump's personally held businesses in order to stay on his good side and avoid tariffs.

Keep in mind, every modern president before Trump has given up every asset they own into a blind trust to avoid conflict of interest. Jimmy Carter had to sell his family farm, just in case a congressman or ambassador tried to gain influence with him by buying a bag of peanuts. Sure, that was unlikely to happen, but even the appearance of indiscretion would have ruined Carter. That's how seriously this stuff was taken before Trump.

As for the Clinton Foundation, it's actually an A+ rated charity. And no, Hillary Clinton never gave any preferential treatment to anyone who donated to it when she was Secretary of State.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    left having a taste of their own medicine......

It was bound to happen sooner or later, finally this moment has arrived. What a time to be alive !!!

Maybe now this politically correct bullshit will meet its end.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    There is no entirety of anything that agree on any one idea so it's kind of a moot point, my point was that a big enough majority of it is present.
    Why insinuate it then? What makes you think that someone will know the nuance of your statement? Especially when we're in a world where there are people who legitimately do think "all of one side is for X and Y!!".

How is making a joke about child molesters a decade ago, and then apologizing for it years ago, the same as using racial slurs to attack people on twitter?
    Because both were stupid enough to be done on a public forum where it could be archived. The intent, context or nuance doesn't matter anymore - all that matters is the virtue signal or the purity check. Mark my words; this won't be the last time something from the past is turned into ammunition, and it makes me smile seeing a lot of these 'Black Lives Don't Matter', 'Kill All White Men', and remarks from both sides of the American political spectrum thrown at eachother like spears by teenagers that believe a hashtag makes you an activist.

It's going to pay dividends in entertainment in a few years, when we all do this dance again.
    I AM the victim.

10+ Year Old Account
    For heck sakes.

Can we stop for a minute and rethink? We've been hunting people over every little sentences and opinions we disagreed with and made them lose their jobs... for what?

And now look how it's gaining so much traction that it's becoming dangerous for virtually anyone.

This needs to stop. Doesn't matter who started, or who hit last. Enough is enough.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Real offensive direct actions against someone personally and professionally.....

vs

fake outrage and revenge.....using decades old jokes, skits, etc.....

and then saying..."you started it"

Wow just Wow.

Any day now they are definitely going to give Howard Stern the Death Penalty.....if they go back and pull the shit from his shows.
    I think the whole point is to show that when you use a shitty tactic you better be ready to be on the receiving end one day. It's just a shame that they won't learn from this. They'll keep doing the same shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage VoidElf4Life View Post
    We've been hunting people over every little sentences and opinions we disagreed with and made them lose their jobs... for what?
    To win, of course.
    I AM the victim.