Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Mythic Raiding Requirements for BFA

I don't raid in this guild, but they just posted their requirements. Is this normal for most mythic guilds? Having to master two classes including all DPS specs if you prefer DPS?

"In BFA, everyone is expected to play and master two classes. Mains must be chosen by July 30th. Please inform an officer of your choice at your earliest convenience. Example: If you are a DPS and choose to play Shaman and Warlock, you are expected to master Elemental, Enhance, Affliction, Demonology, and Destruction and be willing to swap all specs across your two classes within your roles (when rolling for loot your current spec will be considered your MS)."

Like I said I don't raid, I just thought this was extreme, even for Mythic. They didn't have this requirement in Legion and it went well. I'm afraid this may turn off a lot of people.

What do you all think? Necessary or not?

That is very typical for a very top-end Mythic guild. They appear to be pushing content aggressively and want their raiders to be multi-faceted. It is extreme, for an extreme progression guild. Perhaps the requirements changed from Legion because they had a problem in Legion. I feel like these questions you're asking are very much motivated by something, and you're doing your best to play coy.

Not all Mythic guilds operate this way.

Who are we to say what is necessary or not? It's their guild, and if you have no plans on joining, it's really none of your business what they require. Their guild, their rules.

There are a lot of guilds with similar requirements. I've raided some mythic and the guilds I've been with have never had any requirements like this, so no it's not necessary However, it could help if the guild want to be competitive on the server and progress more quickly.
    IronVan the Van of Steel

A lot of higher end raiding guilds expect you to if you play a pure DPS class be competent at all its specs, as there may be fights which greatly favor one over the other. Or if one becomes horrible and another leaps ahead i.e. Destro > Affi in Legion.

Having an alt you're competent with is also a plus for splits (may change a bit with the loot changes) options to mix up comps for fights that need 4 rogues fr example. Lastly for sake runs where you can easily clear the raid in a day being able to do 2 clears a week netting both the guild and the raid core a very steady stream of gold.

I'm very used to it, the majority of higher ranked guilds have expectations along these lines, one of my guilds had requirements for 3 toons being raid ready at all times - However they finished the tier at World 22.

Not saying Method is a typical example of a Mythic guild, but didn't one of their healers decide to level a healer of each class, gear it, get legendaries, etc, etc. just to be as optimal as he could for their regular and split raids? If they have a goal to be one of the first, mastering all specs of two classes isn't that tall of an order. Most of us do it anyway, just at a much slower pace, with our main and primary alt. A lot of raiders I raid with have multiple toons mastered, only difference is they're just not required to.

A lot of the motivation I saw for this was Mythic+ in Legion, too.

There's is probably quite tame, some guilds schedules can be pretty nuts...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Not saying Method is a typical example of a Mythic guild, but didn't one of their healers decide to level a healer of each class, gear it, get legendaries, etc, etc. just to be as optimal as he could for their regular and split raids? If they have a goal to be one of the first, mastering all specs of two classes isn't that tall of an order. Most of us do it anyway, just at a much slower pace, with our main and primary alt. A lot of raiders I raid with have multiple toons mastered, only difference is they're just not required to.

A lot of the motivation I saw for this was Mythic+ in Legion, too.
    Yeah very normal. Would very much not be surprised.

I usually level 2 - 3 healers myself before raids release. Will do atleast Resto Druid and Disc in the first week and a half.

Is your guild another case of a guild who got their first cutting edge on the last boss of an expansion and now thinking they're hot shit?

It happens so often,and ends up with a dead guild so often

If your guild is top 50 world,then it makes sense

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are they a very competitive guild? Like top 50~ world? If not, that's probably a bit much and likely to turn some people off.

Deleted
    I am very curious in what the world rank of your guild is right now

I've seen guilds that pretend they're Mythic raiding guilds try this and fall flat on their face with rules like this. However, if this guild has already proven to themselves capable, such as gotten Cutting Edge many months ago and they want to push themselves further, then yeah, becoming more flexible is a means to do so. It isn't really asking much for their players too. Maintaining two characters in BfA is not an arduous task, like it was in early Legion. Difficulty in learning new specs pales in comparison to pushing Mythic encounters.

However, as I said earlier, it depends on where that guild is at. Sometimes, other things need to be addressed first before pushing for that flexibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Unless they’re aiming for the Hall of Fame achievements those rules are ridiculous.

Deleted
    In before they didnt kill mythic argus yet

If it's a top-end (IE Hall of Fame achievement at least) guild, yes.

If it's a top 500-1000 guild they're a bunch of tryhards.

It is relative. You don't know what the goals of the guild are for BFA. If they are trying to be a top 100 guild, that is very tame. If I remember correctly, for Legion Method requirements were that all raiders maintain 7 alts, all geared to be swapped in as the group comp required. That is 7 characters that all had to have high AP levels etc.

Now if the guild is working toward top 100, then they are being a little extreme with those requirements but in the end, if the raiders are not committed to what the guild leaders want, they can leave and find something with a more relaxed approach. Also remember that alts and offspecs will be easier to maintain in BfA compared to Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    There's is probably quite tame, some guilds schedules can be pretty nuts...

[schedule image]
    Holy fuck that's (almost?) worse than working 2 jobs.

Not being coy, I just didn't feel it was a good idea for this specific guild. They only did the first two bosses in Mythic Antorus. They're new to mythic raiding. The realm is an RP realm too, not a big pool of mythic raiders to begin with, and I already heard a few on the mythic team grumbling about the two class thing. I mean it makes sense, I just think finding people that hardcore will be difficult here.

I'm a very lowly member, I joined because one of the officers is a friend and invited me on one of my characters.

I was just curious if this was expected for mythic raids. Awesome feedback, thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Holy fuck that's (almost?) worse than working 2 jobs.
    Yeah except a job would probably give more than 45 minutes for dinner >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
    Not being coy, I just didn't feel it was a good idea for this specific guild. They only did the first two bosses in Mythic Antorus. They're new to mythic raiding. The realm is an RP realm too, not a big pool of mythic raiders to begin with, and I already heard a few on the mythic team grumbling about the two class thing. I mean it makes sense, I just think finding people that hardcore will be difficult here.

I'm a very lowly member, I joined because one of the officers is a friend and invited me on one of my characters.

I was just curious if this was expected for mythic raids. Awesome feedback, thanks all.
    Exactly what I expected. Clearly this leader has no idea about Mythic Raiding and thinks he can "overkill"/overcome obstacles with such requirements while the opposite will happen. I would rather want someone who could play 1 spec insanely good then 5 specs mediocre/below average. Imagine what will happen when you are required to learn 5 specs. The entire guild will fall due to lack of skill and with a leader like that it is well deserved. If I were you I would instantly leave the guild, I really really dislike leaders that have no idea what they are doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    If it's a top-end (IE Hall of Fame achievement at least) guild, yes.

If it's a top 500-1000 guild they're a bunch of tryhards.
    just so you're aware, as of this posting, as a mythic raider on alliance side in EU, a world rank of between 600-800 is good enough to get 'hall of fame: ghuun' so no, they aren't a 'bunch of tryhards' as you care to put it, maybe try doing some research first before making yourself look like a twat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd leave from that guild. I'm playing one character with one spec I enjoy and not going to switch just because someone wants that from me. Same about addons, I'm playing with environment I enjoy and not going to install some nonsense like weakauras or DBM. That said, I didn't get many cutting edges, last one was from Emerald Nightmare, so if you want to be truly top, may be you must sacrifice some fun to be more efficient.