Cool PvP is a LOT more fun now - Caused by Holinka leaving?

Pesonally I have really enjoyed the BfA changes the specs I enjoy in PvP.

I have tried most classes and I really enjoy how most of them feel in PvP now.

The biggest improvement for me is the Hybrid DPS specs. Like Enhancement Shaman with actual supportive abilities like Earth Shield and good heals. Highly reccomend it.

The pace of the PvP in general is a lot faster too, always a good thing in my eyes.

Healers don't feel too OP either.

I also have a feeling we will see the return of 2 DPS being viable in 2s in BfA, a great change!

Then we also get gear vendors again and the gear matters a lot more than it used to. Great stuff.

Only BfA PvP downside to me is the Warmode thing.

How influenced do you guys think this improvement is by Holinka leaving the WoW team?

Deleted
    You haven't played at 120 yet, so I would reserve judgement until you do. That's what it's all balanced for after all.

I hope they learned their lesson about not ever letting paladins anywhere near balancing PvP again.

Now if only they learn another lesson and put a warrior player back in charge, instead of what feels like rogues and discs -- that would be sweet.

I definitely agree that when the numbers get tuned and certain disc, rogue, ret and boomkin outliers get toned down the game will have a very nice feel to it. it already does when you aren't getting killed in a cheap shot by 6 rogues in every BG... but eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    You haven't played at 120 yet, so I would reserve judgement until you do. That's what it's all balanced for after all.
    Nothing much really changes between 100 and 120 now that artifacts are gone, most classes are literally the same from mid-20s to 120 now. All that will really change is some utility azerite traits that don't amount to anything, and lower secondaries across the board.
    Last edited by Saberstrike; 2018-07-24 at 11:14 AM.

Deleted
    Why is War Mode a bad thing? It's pretty good, I think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    I hope they learned their lesson about not ever letting paladins anywhere near balancing PvP again.

Now if only they learn another lesson and put a warrior player back in charge, instead of what feels like rogues and discs -- that would be sweet.

I definitely agree that when the numbers get tuned and certain disc, rogue, ret and boomkin outliers get toned down the game will have a very nice feel to it. it already does when you aren't getting killed in a cheap shot by 6 rogues in every BG... but eh.

Nothing much really changes between 100 and 120 now that artifacts are gone, most classes are literally the same from mid-20s to 120 now. All that will really change is some utility azerite traits that don't amount to anything, and lower secondaries across the board.
    Warriors are for tanking in pve. Pvp should be based around higher skillcap classes; priest, mage, warlock, rogue, shaman. Arena has always been healthiest when these classes were dominant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you a filthy rogue?

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post

The biggest improvement for me is the Hybrid DPS specs. Like Enhancement Shaman with actual supportive abilities like Earth Shield and good heals. Highly reccomend it.

The pace of the PvP in general is a lot faster too, always a good thing in my eyes.

I also have a feeling we will see the return of 2 DPS being viable in 2s in BfA, a great change!

Then we also get gear vendors again and the gear matters a lot more than it used to. Great stuff.

How influenced do you guys think this improvement is by Holinka leaving the WoW team?
    good thing pvp is finally balanced.

As a Shaman I disagree heavily. Bad mobility bad damage bad defensive. My class fantasy is what? A battered wife?

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    good thing pvp is finally balanced.
    OP seems good but it doesn't have much to do with BFA. A lot of abilities do close to 0 dmg, not even exaggerating. Going against healers seems as if you're up against 120 Nefarian in human form. 3v3 takes ages, usually at least 5 minutes but often 10 especially skirmish and at average ratings. Dps x2 teams can maybe kill healer teams in 2s but at 1200 rating, even then probably quite difficult. Many classes can equip lvl 1 etc weapons and still do about as good, gear barely matters

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in WOD bgs,arenas and world pvp actually was more popular than now. Some ppl quit at WOD content draught but alot of them come back after Tanaan release.

Content draught caused because Blizz had way less devs working on WOW back then, since they were doing D3 expansion and Overwatch, and during Legion alot of D3 devs moved to WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post

I don't see any improvements at all. All I see is a couple more prunes. Less abilities, less PVP talents, etc. If you want to say that specs feel better, be my guest, but not many will agree.

All of the other huge issues remain unsolved. (Gearing, having to do PVE, no solo queue.)

Whatever the case, it is not related to Holinka leaving. They were doing nothing of value and they continue to do nothing of value. The epitome of their changes is replacing RNG drops with a bar that does RNG by itself and using "Bronze" / "Silver" / etc, instead of the numbers. They did a few good things, but they are tiny and easy: made prestige account-wide and made world PVP optional on PVP servers. That's it.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: Where did you see gear vendors?

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I don't see any improvements at all. All I see is a couple more prunes. Less abilities, less PVP talents, etc. If you want to say that specs feel better, be my guest, but not many will agree.

All of the other huge issues remain unsolved. (Gearing, having to do PVE, no solo queue.)

Whatever the case, it is not related to Holinka leaving. They were doing nothing of value and they continue to do nothing of value. The epitome of their changes is replacing RNG drops with a bar that does RNG by itself and using "Bronze" / "Silver" / etc, instead of the numbers. They did a few good things, but they are tiny and easy: made prestige account-wide and made world PVP optional on PVP servers. That's it.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: Where did you see gear vendors?
    I didnt think there were gear vendors, wasnt it that once we get to X conquest we got a set piece of gear? Not that we chose it, just that we'd know what it was.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Nah it's still garbage the damage that was done to pvp after mop is gonna take several expansion to fix.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-07-25 at 11:28 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    And somehow people are actually ok with this or probably don't care!

God, imagine having to level from 1-120, gonna be 1 hell of a boredomfest.

Also, pvp stat templates still exist! I don't know how much str/stam/haste/crit/exp/mastery I'm going to have when I enter a bg/arena! I cannot customize my stats or choose which stat I want to invest in. It's really boring and just not exciting, also we still don't have control on what piece of gear we get. Pvp gear rewards are still going to be irrelevant other than expertise stacking and transmog.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2018-07-26 at 03:02 AM.

Pvp right now is complete dog shit. The only ones enjoying it are the ones playing broken classes that one shots others. Basically they are loving feeling good at PvP for once.

Kind of sad imo...

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I didnt think there were gear vendors, wasnt it that once we get to X conquest we got a set piece of gear? Not that we chose it, just that we'd know what it was.
    Yes, the system looks at your existing gear and rolls a dice / does other mumbo-jumbo to determine which piece you are going to get next. Then it proudly shows the piece to you and you are supposed to fill the bar to get it (and roll a dice for the next such "reward"). No vendors that I know of, not sure where the OP saw them.

Deleted
    Let me guess OP, you are playing either rogue or ret paladin eh?