Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Doing exercise will not make you "full". I dislike all kinds of artificial boosts to the body.

I have know some people to drop dead after doing Exercise

Also, a friend of mine in his mid thirties had a heart attack after playing soccer.

Douglas Adams the author of "Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy" died of a heart attack on 11 May 2001, aged 49, after resting from his regular workout at a private gym in Montecito, California.

Exercise can be Deadly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whipps View Post
    I have know some people to drop dead after doing Exercise

Also, a friend of mine in his mid thirties had a heart attack after playing soccer.

Douglas Adams the author of "Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy" died of a heart attack on 11 May 2001, aged 49, after resting from his regular workout at a private gym in Montecito, California.

Exercise can be Deadly
    It doesn't have to be though. Most people just refrain from getting annual check-ups because they're too stupid/don't care. Obviously those people had underlying heart problems.

Gaining weight is harder than losing it
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    I'm convinced breathing harder, longer, and faster on purpose burns more calories. There once was a diet revolving around purposefully hyperventilating and I wouldn't support that, but the basic mechanic is absolutely true. People should be breathing the healthiest air they can find with intensity at least as often as they claim to yoga or meditate.
    Hyperventilation is NOT something you should try to have, wtf?
    "While oxygen is abundant in the bloodstream, HVS reduces effective delivery of that oxygen to vital organs due to low-CO2-induced vasoconstriction and the suppressed Bohr effect.

The hyperventilation is self-promulgating as rapid breathing causes carbon dioxide levels to fall below healthy levels, and respiratory alkalosis (high blood pH) develops. This makes the symptoms worse, which causes the person to try breathing even faster, which further exacerbates the problem.

The respiratory alkalosis leads to changes in the way the nervous system fires and leads to the paresthesia, dizziness, and perceptual changes that often accompany this condition. Other mechanisms may also be at work, and some people are physiologically more susceptible to this phenomenon than others."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperventilation_syndrome

10+ Year Old Account
    Shredded abs on chicks is gross.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i find keto diet claims of treating epilepsy to be highly suspicious.
    according to my personal research, Keto diet was actualy specifically developed for epileptics almost 100 years ago, and been used in a controlled fashion for it ever since. its just turned into a fad diet for people who don't actualy need to benefit from it as much as they think. kinda like gluten/wheat free diet was meant for people who are celiac, not just every "jump on every single fad" person

random piece of information for no one in particular. vegetables and fruits - are carbs.

my own personal unpopular opinion. running, jump rope, etc - do more harm then good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reecejackox View Post
    I will start

I prefer walking to going to the gym.
    In my area, that's far from an unpopular opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i find keto diet claims of treating epilepsy to be highly suspicious.
    You should talk about it with your doctor and see if it would help . Hi Bread, hope your dad is doing ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Here's my story, it's probably not all that uncommon:

When I was a child (toddler, younger), I ate everything that my parents put in front of me. Everything. There are pictures of me just downing an entire grilled cheese sandwich at the age of around 4. Naturally I got chubby.

When I reached around age 9, my dad put me on a long term exercise program and by the time I was in high school, I was in good shape. I was a college athlete, and I maintained a reasonable weight largely because I was working out 2 hours plus a day.

Then I got a real job and started working 60 hour weeks at a desk. Two hour workouts were obviously totally impractical. Slowly, surely, weight went on, and now, 15 years later, I'm significantly overweight.

So yes, obviously, I ate the food, and yes, it's something I need to work on if I want to have a good life. I've changed to a career where I can move around more and (hopefully over the long term) have more time to be active. But I don't feel like the problem is that I'm a lazy "fucking pig" as you call me. I think the issue is that it's just very, very hard for someone like me to maintain a healthy weight, and it's not really that hard for a lot of other people. It sucks and it's very frustrating. It has really defined a lot of my life. But everyone has something they have to deal with.

I'm happy to admit that I haven't dealt with this challenge well when I hear others admit that, yes, for someone like me it's going to be much harder than for many others.
    Two hour workouts LOL. Working out shouldn't take longer than 45mins tops. Intensity over everything else. Makes me wonder wtf some people are doing in the gym for that long. It's called being efficient with your time.

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Science isn't a person, you can't say science and then refer to some quackery and say "well that is science" Well evidence suggest that genetics do change. Evolution also isn't some great mind that decides what we will or won't do, that is also a bunch of new age religious nonsense.

No genetics do all kinds of things, not every mutation in evolution is for a greater purpose, and every genetic change doesn't mean that is the next evolutionary step. The body acts and reacts to its environment based on the information it receives, cells obtain that information through a few different means.

But bottom line weight gain, vs weight loss, are genetic, it's the body or peoples bodies adapting to the environment for which we live. It's why for example a person starving themselves as most do to try to lose weight doesn't work.
    I think it's genetics NOT evolving as most Americans are not food insecure. Genetics interacts with the environment but overall huge sweeping changes in relationship to how we store body fat is not going to happen in the span of a generation. And honestly, we should consider this a good thing. This is a rare moment in history, where large contingents of people in certain parts of the world have had a great abundance of food for their entire lives. It is likely that we will encounter food scarcity again sometime during our species' history. Indeed, around 12 percent of people globally are undernourished. 36 percent of American college students are food insecure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Here's my story, it's probably not all that uncommon:

When I was a child (toddler, younger), I ate everything that my parents put in front of me. Everything. There are pictures of me just downing an entire grilled cheese sandwich at the age of around 4. Naturally I got chubby.

When I reached around age 9, my dad put me on a long term exercise program and by the time I was in high school, I was in good shape. I was a college athlete, and I maintained a reasonable weight largely because I was working out 2 hours plus a day.

Then I got a real job and started working 60 hour weeks at a desk. Two hour workouts were obviously totally impractical. Slowly, surely, weight went on, and now, 15 years later, I'm significantly overweight.

So yes, obviously, I ate the food, and yes, it's something I need to work on if I want to have a good life. I've changed to a career where I can move around more and (hopefully over the long term) have more time to be active. But I don't feel like the problem is that I'm a lazy "fucking pig" as you call me. I think the issue is that it's just very, very hard for someone like me to maintain a healthy weight, and it's not really that hard for a lot of other people. It sucks and it's very frustrating. It has really defined a lot of my life. But everyone has something they have to deal with.

I'm happy to admit that I haven't dealt with this challenge well when I hear others admit that, yes, for someone like me it's going to be much harder than for many others.
    You are basically the person I'm talking about then as you don't have certain issues, just bad eating habits.

You don't need to move around at all to lose weight, you just eat cleaner, more filling good food instead of garbage and you'll lose weight.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Swimming>Running
    Truth
    {10char}

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Swimming>Running
    Rock climbing > Swimming.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SLSAMG View Post
    Rock climbing > Swimming.
    I was a regular climber for a couple years back in the late 90s early 00s. I loved, absolutely loved, climbing. While I did develop a ridiculous vice grip like grip with my hands, and some pretty ridiculously developed forearms, the workout never compared to what I got from swimming. The full body workout combined with aerobics that swimming provides... nothing compares. I don't think any other single type of workout compares to swimming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Shredded abs on chicks is gross.
    Subjective but this sounds like something a beta would say. Too much woman for most men to handle obv.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I think it's genetics NOT evolving as most Americans are not food insecure. Genetics interacts with the environment but overall huge sweeping changes in relationship to how we store body fat is not going to happen in the span of a generation. And honestly, we should consider this a good thing. This is a rare moment in history, where large contingents of people in certain parts of the world have had a great abundance of food for their entire lives. It is likely that we will encounter food scarcity again sometime during our species' history. Indeed, around 12 percent of people globally are undernourished. 36 percent of American college students are food insecure.
    Yeah, I see what you mean. I would disagree about how quickly genetics can change from generation to generation. I think it simply a matter of the right triggers in environment.

Hell I would even go as far as to saying that it's likely in our lifetime we will see our next biological evolutionary replacements. I just wonder if it will be completely biological or a marriage of biological and synthetic.

I think the problem is our inability to adapt, and our need to hold on and cling to tradition. We don't hunt with spears anymore, we no longer take months or days to travel across town or across the country. Food is in abundance, you can eat in your car, you don't even need to leave your car. Shopping is becoming a thing of the past everything can be delivered. Peoples work can be done from from.

We farm everything, and probably very soon even other people, meaning gated communities and what not. These things have changed as quickly as a generation and things seem to be going faster.

I mean it's very possible the genetics you have are very different and adapt differently than what your mother and father had, because your exposure to world they didn't give access to makes a difference.

Genetic manipulation is the only way to fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SLSAMG View Post
    Subjective but this sounds like something a beta would say. Too much woman for most men to handle obv.

[img]/img]
    Hahaha nice body.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I was a regular climber for a couple years back in the late 90s early 00s. I loved, absolutely loved, climbing. While I did develop a ridiculous vice grip like grip with my hands, and some pretty ridiculously developed forearms, the workout never compared to what I got from swimming. The full body workout combined with aerobics that swimming provides... nothing compares. I don't think any other single type of workout compares to swimming.
    You burn roughly the same amount of calories - https://www.rd.com/health/fitness/bu...-than-running/

I just preferred the physique of rock climbing instead of looking like a toothpick (no offense).
    Last edited by SLSAMG; 2018-07-29 at 05:38 AM. Reason: typo, fucking autocorrect

Deleted
    Most injuries in modern day are consequences of people doing exercises for which they are unfit. Most people coming to the hospital in my region are people doing sports for which they are unfit and think they're just as good as professionals, not to mention people who sit in the office for weeks without exercise then when the sun is shining, it's 35 degrees and they decide to go on 15 km mountain hike ... then they act surprised when they get a stroke (obviously not counting the old and serious diseases).

Deleted
    The Idiots in the gym, who lifts way to much (and are accidents waiting to happen), to impress X girl / girls

Watching a teen / young man do curls with a z-bar / normal bar or barbells, with to much weight on, and they are litterally doing 90 degree's with their upper body, while doing the curls.